Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Whos watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.? Such a good show. Season 2 actually is right up there with season 1. Im surprised its not on the Bald Move watch list.

Comments

• Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    Nope sorry. I am a HUGE fan of the MCU but I couldn't get through season 1. It got vaguely interesting after Winter Soldier but quickly became rote again. I am looking forward to Agent Carter, though. There's a lot of potential to be great, and I'm hoping it will tie into Avengers 2 somehow at the end.
  • JohnnieDarkJohnnieDark South Florida
    Season 2 is leagues better than Season 1 and hopefully enough people who quit the show because of how awful season 1 started give S2 a chance.
  • I just started going back through the portions of Season 1 that happened after I initially checked out because I kept hearing that Season 2 has been much improved and when I just tried to pick up at the season 2 premier there were too many questions. I do like it more than when I stopped watching (around episode 9 or 10). When I initially quit, the problem that I had is that I liked Coulson and I thought Fitz and Simmons were decent characters, but I just couldn't bring myself to care overall. It just felt kind of like bad D&D for a while (you have a group of people together and then it basically goes: this is happening, react, now this is happening, react, etc. without any real character progression, only things happening to them) but now maybe it's reduced expectations or maybe it is a little better than I remembered but I am enjoying it more now than I was. I am excited to make my way to Season 2 where they have supposedly really figured it out.
  • DamagingOstrichDamagingOstrich Atlanta, GA
    edited December 2014
    I completely understand why people checked out during season 1. The beginning was very schlocky and felt like a poorly funded CW show. Mystery is good but when you mix it with lines like, "He doesn't remember?" "And he can never know" Bart! Inflatable raft sealing the side of an aircraft? My eyes rolled so hard I was blind for four days.
    I'm glad I didn't bail. After there half of season 1 I was back. At the finally I was actually looking forward to the next season.
    For anyone who quit the show: give it a try until the end of season 1.
  • JohnnieDarkJohnnieDark South Florida
    I don't remember exactly which episode it is but if you pick up with the episode that directly ties in to Captain America the winter Soldier and watch it from there and on to season 2 the show will be much more enjoyable
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Yeah, I watched the first few eps and wasn't hooked. In theory I'd watch all of the comic book television, because that's the kind of nerd I am, but in practice I watch so much television for my "job" that I just don't have time.
  • Season 1 improved as it went along. Feel that Season 2 is carrying on that trend.
  • Does anyone do a good SHIELD podcast? Just to qualify, I tried an afterbuzz cast once (I think it was for Walking Dead) and it left a really bad taste in my mouth. WAY too many bells and whistles. It was really unnerving. Is there anyone that you guys like for that show?
  • Same thought I have Travis. A part of me dies each week having to listen to that Afterbuzz show....only one I can find though
  • JasonCage5JasonCage5 Delray Beach
    If this show keeps getting better like it's been, I feel it's going to be more than an introduction to Inhumans and the Cree. The best part is how they tie in with the movies. Plus the acting and story plots have improved so much.

i recommend watch the first three episodes of season 1 and then jump to the T.A.H.I.T.I. and watch from there. That train episode was the hook for me.
  • JasonCage5JasonCage5 Delray Beach

Same thought I have Travis. A part of me dies each week having to listen to that Afterbuzz show....only one I can find though

@Tyler_Durden Check out Level 7 Access Podcast. They even interviewed Clark Gregg a couple of times.
  • goreshdegoreshde Minneapolis
    This show does its best to drain any of the life out of Clark Greggs performance but season 2 has been good. I still want them to kill Skye off but that is more leftover pain from season 1.
  • Same thought I have Travis. A part of me dies each week having to listen to that Afterbuzz show....only one I can find though

@Tyler_Durden Check out Level 7 Access Podcast. They even interviewed Clark Gregg a couple of times.
    Good recommendation. They are a little "Afterbuzz-ish" in their "omg's" , but they are an improvement. Thanks
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    I don't watch AoS, but I recently devoured all of the Green Justice podcasts for Arrow, and the hosts also cover AoS and The Flash. They are entertaining, and their coverage (for Arrow, at least) is deep enough to discuss thematic and filmmaking elements, and their comic knowledge is impressive. The website is http://www.randomchatter.com
  • colleencolleen wisconsin

I don't remember exactly which episode it is but if you pick up with the episode that directly ties in to Captain America the winter Soldier and watch it from there and on to season 2 the show will be much more enjoyable

I agree. This was the episode that hooked me as a fan rather than just a casual watcher of the show. Everything after that and since has been great, imo. The Ward reveal was pretty awesome.
This discussion has been closed.