POWER by Starz

edited August 2015 in Other TV

This is a brilliant show, reminds you that we are in the golden era of TV
any fans out there?
ElisaFreddyksa1001

Comments

• yes there are out there, but not sure if they visit forums like these much.  While there are quite a few "inaccuracies" compared to what would occur in real life, I still enjoy the show a lot.
    Elisa
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited September 2015
    I've watched every episode so far. Not sure if I would call it brilliant, but it's not a bad show by any means. Honestly, I think it's ham handed at times and dumbed down in a lot of ways. Not even just in the story itself (which has a great premise and interesting concepts), but they make the characters dumber than I would believe high end drug kingpins and federal prosecutors would be in the situations they're in. It's really something a lot of shows suffer from; you're always going to sacrifice overall quality when you try to make people who live extraordinary and mentally complex lifestyles more relatable than they naturally are. Especially in a show where you also want them to seem larger than life.

All this being said there are some really great qualities to it, and I've never turned off an episode or skipped ahead. That's a damn sight more than I can say for some other supposedly good shows (I'm looking at you The Walking Dead).
    edited September 2015
    @KingKobra I'm curious, what inaccuracies are you talking about?
  • I loved this show and it was MY show of the summer that had me coming back and anticipating the following week (enough to cop it on demand early at midnight Friday).

It's "urban" and has the skinimax feel too it with the gratuitous sex, but I like it alot. All the leads are compelling and I'm anxious to see if they get larger roles in film from this. That being said, it's not for everyone. My wife dismissed it after the pilot and deemed it "corny". I finally remembered I wanted to go back and watch solo and binged season 1 after 2 started and caught up. Looking forward to where they go from here as it's been picked up for 2 more seaosns.
    Elisa
    @ksa1001 Big fan of Omari Hardwick ever since his role in Next Day Air (underrated movie, btw), but I think Joseph Sikora (Tommy) steals the show. Would love to see both of them go on to get some HBO work (aka, the big leagues of premium cable TV).
  • Yes Tommy does steal the show. His character shouldn't work/should be a joke, but he's very believable as a hood dude.
  • Freddy said:

@KingKobra I'm curious, what inaccuracies are you talking about?

mostly in the way Ghost acts and uses his phone.  The way he keeps Angela "close" etc.  Lets just say, that from people that I have known and people that know people that are in the "know" there are for sure some things that would never ever ever be done.