Madden 16

ksa1001ksa1001 Plano, TX
Anyone playing yet? Thoughts on the changes?

Comments

• FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Not yet myself, but I've been hearing about the changes from my friends. As long as user picking is as easy as last year, I'll eat up the competition.
  • AManIsNoOneAManIsNoOne Greensboro, NC
    I've been playing a bit and I'm quite happy with the changes. It's more complex but I'm a fan of that. If I had to sum up how it's different, I'd say it's more FIFA like. Maybe that makes sense, maybe it doesn't. 
  • ksa1001ksa1001 Plano, TX
    I like the IDEA of the changes with the various throws and catching modes, but the overall gameplay seems quite sluggish to me. Specifically the rushing game seems slow. I'll try a faster game mode, but it seems an odd change overall.
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Way too much work to call hot routes, but overall, it's the same game as last year. Ha ha.
    Jovial_Falcon
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Freddy said:

but overall, it's the same game as last year. Ha ha.

Isn't that how it always is for every annual sports game release? Ha Ha.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Can someone outline the changes to me?  Last time I played madden was in 2012, on PS3.  I'm thinking of getting it this year now that I'm on next gen.

I'm concerned about the sluggish play, because that's what finally turned me off of Front Page Sports Football and onto Madden way back in the day.  It started to feel TOO simulation-ish.  Like, I prefer Burnout to most driving sims, X-Wing to Falcon, etc. 
  • @A_Ron_Hubbard There's a tutorial to start the game that covers 6 different types of throws (lobbing it, bullet pass, high, low, etc) and more importantly 3 different way to catch it now (for possession, run after catch & aggressive). It's fairly interesting once you get the hang of it. For instance: I play as the Cowboys and I know I can throw a high pass for Dez Bryant (so others can't intercept) and on the receiving end if I go for an aggressive catch, he will 9/10 come down with it in man coverage.
    Damn, how do you control which pass you through?  Some combination of right stick and trigger?
  • @A_Ron_Hubbard Tap the button (lob), hold the button (bullet), double-tap (medium), LB and button (high), LT and button (low)
    Holy shit, I'm an old man.  I feel like my dad, who used to play Atari and Nintendo with me when I handed him a SNES controller.  That sad look of "what am I to do with all these buttons, man?" haha...  Sounds like I have a massive learning curve.