Walter Whites Father

You guys said you wanted a flashback of Walts father in the 307 podcast yesterday. Wanted to call your attention to the breakdown walt has in season 4 in front of walter jr where he tells him about how his father had huntingtons disease and was this shell of a man for the few years walt knew him before he died.

TaraC73

Comments

• That's an amazing scene.
    TaraC73
  • The Villigan seems to have a thing for neuro disorders...

Walt's father had Huntington's Disease (quite rare IRL)
    Walt Jr has cerebral palsy
    Hector has some sort of mysterious progressive neuromuscular disorder that spares cognition, and apparently, urine and sphincter control. LOL.  ALS is almost always fatal (Stephen Hawking being a rare exception), as is Progressive Bulbar Palsy. Multiple sclerosis is usually not as physically debilitating, and about 1/3 of MS patients develop dementia. My guess is myesthenia gravis. 

• It would be awesome if there was a neurologist on these forums that could weigh in on Hector's condition...
  • It's weird how hard some of this stuff is to diagnose. My father actually had something similar to ALS. A lot of his symptoms were actually in line with Hector's. It was very clear that something was wrong and yet they weren't able to diagnose him with complete confidence. They basically said his disease was a cousin of ALS, but even that was not certain.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Yeah, I can't remember which of the last few season three episodes mention him dying young, but it all came back to me then.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA

Yeah, I can't remember which of the last few season three episodes mention him dying young, but it all came back to me then.

I think its in season 4--after he has the shit beaten out of him and Junior comes to visit him at his place.
  • Yeah it's Season 4.