Fan Duel - Draft Kings Weekly Discussion Advice and Comps

@AManIsNoOne

so how do you want to do this?

Comments

• Here is one of my lineups from Fan Duel. 

Carson Palmer: $7,800
    Ameer Abdullah:$6,400
    Carlos Hyde:$7,000
    Brandin Cooks:$7,400
    Jarvis Landry:$7,100
    DeAndre Hopkins:$8,100
    Tyler Eifert:$5,900
    Justin Tucker:$5,200
    Miami Dolphins:$5,100

Palmer vs the bad Bears D. Plus Palmer has been very solid when he plays. At least 2tds in every game. 
    Ameer: solid last week, going against a vikings D that got torched by Hyde last week.
    Hyde: hoping that last week wasnt a fluke and dude is for real and for that cost ill take it. 
    Cooks: poor TB defense. If Mariota can go for 4Tds in a half then Brees and Cooks should kill it
    Landry: solid last week, Jags are not good. 
    Hopkins: real good with Mallet last week and Mallet is now the starter
    Eifert: injured all of last year and proved what he is about last week when healthy
    Tucker: going against oak
    Dolphins: one of the best D in the league against the jags
    AManIsNoOne
  • Which is the more preferable site - FD or DK?
  • I've only ever played Fanduel so I can't comment. I'm sure amanisnoone will give his advice as he's done both
  • AManIsNoOneAManIsNoOne Greensboro, NC
    To be honest, they're pretty much equals. I'd say that FanDuel is typically a bit harder though. Most people will find a preference but it's really up in the air. Fan Duel doesn't include a flex position and does include a kicker. Draft Kings has a flex position and no kicker. People that hate choosing kickers typically prefer Draft Kings. 

Another slight difference is Draft Kings is a bit more progressive while Fan Duel is more conservative. DK offers sports that aren't even available on Fan Duel, like MMA,PGA, NASCAR, and Soccer. They're also more progressive in the types of contest they offer, for example their winner take all tournaments and their quarter arcade tournaments. 

The last noticeable difference (mostly in the sports like MLB/NBA that are on 6-7 days a week) is that Draft Kings adjust salaries much quicker and include matchup and roster considerations in their pricing much more. 
    AntManBee
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    From what I understand the consistent winners employ analyses programs and then purchase the max amount of entries with the top combinations.
    And @Hatorian I like that LU, not for cash, but for GPP. I'm not very big on Hopkins, but ever other player is included in at least one of my LUs. I'm not huge on Eifert this week either. Not down on him, but I'm expecting a big game from Jimmy Graham and a bounce back game from Greg Olsen. They've got most my attention at TE and the 2 cheaper options I'm looking at are Zach Ertz and Jordan Reed. 

I'm with you on Palmer, but I have some undefinable feeling that not having Andre Ellington, may hurt their offense a lot, especially with moving the chains. The Bears defense is horrible so I wouldn't be surprised if CJ steps in and the offense doesn't miss a beat, but I'm not gonna go too crazy with Palmer. Price is right though for sure. 
    edited September 2015
    Here's my cash game LU on FD...haven't finalized anything, but here's a collection of picks I feel pretty safe about. 

QB Tannehill vs Jags should be safe for decent stats with some upside
    RB Lynch vs GB should be focal point of an offense that's not great against the run
    RB Ingram VS Bucs who were atrocious on defense week 1. 
    WR Matthews, Jordan vs Cowboys and should get somewhere between 7-14 targets in a game Philly really needs to win.
    WR Smith,Steve vs Raiders who got lit up by the Bengals last week. They have a decent defensive front, but the DBs are young and not very good yet.
    WR Williams, Terrance vs Eagles taking over the top WR spot from an injured Dez Bryant. He's going to be in almost everybodies LU, and rightfully so. He could have a bad game, but the opportunity is 100% there, especially against the fast paced Eagles.
    TE Olsen vs Texans in a what should be a fairly low scoring game. Olsen was under targeted week 1 and that's not something I expect to continue. I kind of like Graham more, but including Graham would mean I'd have to go down at RB, which in the LUs I have Graham in I have Hyde > ingram. Texans will provide a good pass rush, so deep shots down the field will be few and far between. If the Panthers find success through the air, it will be with the quick timing and underneath routes. 
    K Franks (MIA) vs Jags and his price is still the minimum. No kicker facing the Jags should be the minimum price. Picking the best kickers is often hard, but Franks is the clear cut best option if you're trying to save money. 
    DEF Ravens vs Raiders who are likely playing without Derek Carr. I can't see a scenario where the Ravens don't perform well. 
    Hatorian
    Freddy said:

From what I understand the consistent winners employ analyses programs and then purchase the max amount of entries with the top combinations.

Yep most of them do. Many of the top players also share information. I have friends that use optimizing software and such but me personally, I do it the old fashion way. I take 100% responsibility for my picks and my evaluations. I get why they do it, but some things numbers just can't define and sports are full of those things. Plus I don't want to be reliant on a statistical analysis because it often exhibits recency bias and doesn't include the factor of coaching. For instances, based off these analysis, Gronk will be the top rated TE almost every single week. This week Gronk is on my do not play list, because of two factors. I respect the Bills defense and Coach Rex Ryan has flat out said they're going to triple team Gronk, a lot. 
    Had a benjamin on the under for FSU/BC...whoop whoop.
    Hatorian
    OK ladies and gents, let's win some money.

I'm gonna list some of my favorites plays and don't-plays for GPP tournaments (HUGE HARD TO WIN ONES) on FD and DK. 

If I also like a player for cash games, I'll denote with a $ symbol. I'll put a ? symbol if they're a high risk play. I'll put a ! symbol for my hot sauce gpp special wildcard picks. I'll also try to post them in the order that I'm considering them. 

Please remember, this is just my opinion, so if you have sound logical reasoning for somebody I'm saying do not play, don't let me ruin it. I'm wrong plenty. 

QB

Plays-Brees $, Tannehill $, Palmer, Wilson ?, Kaepernick ?, Romo, Bridgewater !, Rodgers $, Roethlisberger, Foles !

Don't Plays-Luck,  Brady, Cutler,Dalton, Newton, Mariota, Taylor

RB

Plays-Hyde $, Lynch $, Ingram $, Miller, Jennings ?, Coleman ?, K Robinson !, Woodhead ?, Chris Johnson !, Ivory, Abdullah ?

Don't plays-Morris, Lacy, Forsett, Williams, Gore, L Murray, Yeldon, J Bell, 

WR

Plays-Williams $, Smith Sr $, Cooks $, Matthews $, Landry $, A Brown $, Adams ?, T Smith ?, Boldin ?, (Never take two WRs from same team in the same LU, without taking the QB...unless it's a way overpirced QB.) Calvin Johnson ? M Wallace ?, B Coleman !, Wheaton !, John Brown $?, Charles Johnson !, Decker ?, Austin !, AJ Green, Philly Brown !!!, Moncrief ?, Allen Robinson ?!, Garcon ?

Don't plays-Cobb, Wright, Royal, Marshall, Hopkins ?, OBJ ?, R White ?, Evans ?

TE

Plays Bennett $, Graham $, Ertz ?, Reed ?, Cameron $, Olsen $, Miller, Crokett Gilmore !!, Witten, G Escobar !!!, Miller $, Chandler ?

Don't Plays-Gronk ?, 

Kicker (kind of a crap shoot)

Bailey, Tucker, Franks, Prater, J Brown

DEF 

Dolphins, Ravens, Rams, Titans ?!, Saints ?, Jags ?!, BEARS !!!!!! (extra hot sauce)
    This lineup with Ravens or Rams D is a pretty damn solid cash LU. image
    Man I hate the Saints, they just announced Spiller is going to play this week. Doesn't make me immediately move off Ingram, but it doesn't help.
    Evidently, even the triple team can't stop Gronk from finding the endzone. Still a long way from being a good play though because of his salary.
  • LukeLuke Central Illinois
    Watching Jay Cutler run the Bears offense is like watching an 90 year old one armed impotent man try to get an erection.
    AManIsNoOne
    Today has been kind of nuts. Bucs killing the Saints. Browns killing the Titans. Skins killing the Rams...Bills defense shredded, every week is crazy, but I'm pretty shocked this week.
  • I bought into the hype that the Dolphins had a good D. So I used them today and now they're getting torched by Bortles and the Jags. Why would I, a Jets fan, trust the Miami D??? A costly lesson learned.
  • On the flip side, I drafted Larry Fitzgerald at a decent mid-range salary knowing he was going up against the Bears. Cha-ching!
    AManIsNoOne
    Today is officially off the rails. All of the good defenses sucked, except for Carolina and Arizona. And Antman, I feel like Miami is a good defense. I'm screwed with Brees at QB almost everywhere. Some Tannehill, but most Brees. Only LUs I'm gonna cash are my 2 that have Kaep at QB.Back to the drawing board.
  • Miami did stiffen up a bit after going down 17-3. But at the end of the day, Miami earned me zero points. Zero.
    Lmao, all of my advice sucked except WR, was on point there minus Fitzgerald and OBJ.
  • Ameer killed me all around. Fantasy and fanduel. Ouch. Might not win a single game or dollar this week.
  • UnderwoodUnderwood Philadelphia, PA
    I won my H2H with a lineup of Bree's, Lynch, Sproles, A. Brown, Colston, Fitzgerald, Bennett, Kaushka, Dolphins

and I'm Currently 25th in my 50/50 with a Lineup of Bree's, Peterson, Sproles, J.Jones, Colston, Fitzgerald, Bennett, Bryant, Dolphin. So hopefully I can stay in the money through tonight.

A lot of good info in this thread.
    AManIsNoOneHatorian
  • @AManIsNoOne

Donte Moncrief...... haha ;)
    AManIsNoOne
  • AntManBee said:

Miami did stiffen up a bit after going down 17-3. But at the end of the day, Miami earned me zero points. Zero.

none of the top defenses did good, Miami, Balt, ST Louis all shit the bed. 
    AntManBee
    Yep, ended up being a good play. I put him on my play list. Hope I didn't talk ya completely off him. 
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited September 2015
    i played him in 2 fantasy leagues and 1 fanduel, Wasnt enough to overcome some other bad plays though. 
  • Here is my first play for the next week. Although be warned i was the suckiest suck that ever sucked this week. 

Tom Brady vs Jac at $8,700 - my thinking. Angry Tom Brady is Hulking out and poor Jac is next
    Latavius Murray vs CLE at $7,000 - my thinking. he has been solid 2 weeks in a row, number 1 back, cheap and playing a poor run D
    Gio Bernard vs Bal at $7,200 - my thinking. snapped off last week when they benched Hill. Balt just got burned by Murray and Bernard is a hell of a WR. 
    Allen Robinson vs NE at $6,600 - my thinking. hes cheap, can produce big numbers and will most likely need to play catch up against NE scoring 40+ points
    Donte Moncrief vs TEN at $6,000 - my thinking. hes cheap, solid game against a great secondary, Hilton still not 100% Johnson looks old and lost, Moncrief is just starting. And TEN is pretty bad. 
    Odel Beckham vs WAS at $9,100 - my thinking. hes the 2nd best WR in the league and will ball.
    Jordan Reed vs NYG at $5,300 - my thinking. 2 solid games and is the 2nd best target on that team currently. Maybe the first.
    Matt Bryant vs DAL. kicker. now real thoughts. just 2 decent weeks and a good offense.
    Seattle D vs CHI. my thinking. The Bears suck real bad and may get shut out if Clausen is the QB. Wouldnt be surprised if they have 1 or 2 TDs
    AManIsNoOne
    I'm about to hit ya with the hot sauce super early in the morning. L Blount...wouldn't that be Bellichickish? Lewis goes off this week, only giving 7 carries to Blount, then next week Lewis gets the 7 carries and Blount gets 20. 
    Hatorian
    My first LU build is targeting many of the same games. 

Luck vs Titans
    L Murrary vs Browns
    Stewart vs Saints
    Smith Sr vs Bengals
    A Johnson vs Titans
    Marshall vs Eagles
    Graham vs Bears (I'm going back to the Jimmy hoping he does something Fitzgerald like)
    Folk vs Eagles
    Seahawks D
    Hatorian
    2nd Build

Cam vs Saints
    Stewart vs Saints
    Peterson vs Chargers
    Smith Sr vs Bengals
    Hilton vs Titans
    Decker vs Eagles
    Olsen vs Saints