The taken king

TonyTony Harrisburg,Pa.
Destiny has its hooks back in me. Where the hell are all the other Baldmove Destiny players? We need more guardians. There are a few of us that are very active and willing to help out new players. If your on the fence then right now is the best time to jump in. With year two it's balsa all a new start.Your fellow Baldmove guardians are here and willing to help.

Comments

• Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    Is everyone on PS3/4? I do Xbox and been thinking about picking it up.
  • TonyTony Harrisburg,Pa.
    Most of us are on ps4. There are a few Xbox players.
  • I have it on both, but I'll be focusing on PS4 for the first couple weeks. Gamertag is tdshum on both.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Agreed.  And if you missed Destiny last year because of the shitty reviews, or got it and slept on the expansions because of the lackluster execution, I'd strongly encourage people to give it another chance.  For $60 bucks, you can get all of Destiny year one and the Taken King, and it might be one of the best values in gaming right now.

As always, if you see me on, feel free to either join my party or fireteam.  If I'm busy or don't have time I set my settings to private, so if I'm on and joinable just hop on. 
    Jovial_Falcon
    Here's my question about Destiny: I don't really like RPGs much. The only RPG I loved was Borderlands 2, and that only because it was really a shooter with some light RPG elements. Am I going to like Destiny?
    Destiny is much more of a shooter.  It's got the best console shooter mechanics I've ever played, and I've played a lot.  If you're on the PS4, I hear the demo is currently the entire base game.  So really, you can't go wrong giving it a test drive.  If you like the experience, the two DLCs are more of that, and The Taken King is a better, more story driven version of that. 
  • LukeLuke Central Illinois
    How long does it take to reach the end game? Like if I start fresh with Taken King, is it so much of an MMO that those who played year 1 will be forever ahead of me unless I make a crazy time commitment to grind?
  • @Luke. Taken King kinda hit the reset button on everything, so you'll pretty much be in the same boat as everyone else.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Garthman00 if anyone feels like adding me. I've been looking for an excuse to get back into Destiny.
    If you purchase destiny/the taken king you get a one time use consumable that boosts one of your characters immediately to level 25. Like Shum said, year two basically reset the game for everyone (even us longtime vets). All of our old gear that we loved so much and sweat blood to acquire was rendered pretty much useless. And to be honest it was a great thing. I'm having more fun with the game now than I have in months.
    Yeah, I bitched about losing my old guns and armor for about 45 minutes until my first really good gun dropped, haha.  I've always been a scout rifle guy, but I've been using auto rifles almost exclusively in this expansion.  They just look, feel, and sound right. 
  • They boosted the auto rifles so finally they can make a difference
  • BenBen Melbourne - Australia
    I've been back on this train for a week now, Its so much better than year one. I'm blackhawk2705 on Xbox, if you see me on say howdy!  
    Ya know, you'd think Hobbs yelling out "For Asgard!" everytime he summons his sunbreaker hammer would get old, but after four hours tonight, it did not.

Man, has anyone else got that Zalo Supercell rifle? Holy shit is it a mob clearing machine. Corpses from hell to breakfast. My arsenal's only weakness is a good rocket launcher, sniper, and scout rifle. Everything else I have in spades.  I made it to light level 285 tonight.  Just about ready for Oryx!
    Tony
    We will try this weekend.
    So I am slightly confused about the payment for this. I bought Destiny (pre-ordered it digitally if memory serves), way back when. There have been a few expansions since if memory serves, both like $20 or so. But then I looked on the PSN last night and The Taken King was a good $60. Is that accurate? If so--geez, I want to get back into this game but paying twice--not sure I can justify that.
    edited September 2015
    Taken King is $40.  Both DLCs were $25.  The $60 TTK version has them all included.  So it's still quite a discount over paying as you go.
  • AManIsNoOneAManIsNoOne Greensboro, NC
    Man.. I might have to get it. I had Destiny and traded it in because I didn't have friends that wanted to play. My only problem is that I just bought Madden,NHL, and FIFA. Plus a pretty order on 2k16. Not sure I've got room for another game. Are yall playing every night on PS4?

Taken King is $40.  Both DLCs were $25.  The $60 TTK version has them all included.  So it's still quite a discount over paying as you go.

For some reason I didn't realize The Taken King included both DLC's. I was really lukewarm on Destiny originally, but I'm going to give it another go, because I've heard so many good things about the updates. If you guys decide to play, I'd be down.
    To be clear, the $40 dollar version of Taken King does NOT include all expansions.  The $60 one includes everything, and the $80 version includes everything plus some class specific emotes and class items, which are emphatically NOT worth $20. 
    Jovial_Falcon
    Okay cool. Well I already pulled the trigger on the $60. I have a ton of PSN store credit that was burning a hole in my PSN wallet.
  • AManIsNoOneAManIsNoOne Greensboro, NC
    @Garthgou81 How big and how long is the download? I'm thinking about getting it tonight or tomorrow. 

@Garthgou81 How big and how long is the download? I'm thinking about getting it tonight or tomorrow. 

Close to 18GB it seems. I am looking at it download as I type this (I just started the download and my PS4 says 44 hours left. God. My internet connection must be horrible.
  • MichaelGMichaelG Seattle
    edited September 2015
    As former Destiny hater/lover/self hater, The Taken King is good, almost too good, as an addictive MMO.  I told myself I wouldn't buy it, then I bought it Day 1, and was 294 light by day 3. I have since already quit, like Bubbles from the Wire, I peddled crisp T shirts on the street to fuel my addiction. Happy to say I have ALREADY beat the addiction and am full season 5 Bubbs. I'm reading books and stuff.  SUMMARY: if you hated Destiny before, try it again, you'll hate it for all the wrong reasons (too addictive).
    XanderYub
    edited September 2015
    I guess they don't want me to play; I cannot play the demo I previously downloaded, found this on the Bungie site: "Note: Players on PlayStation3 and Xbox 360 will lose access to the Destiny Demo starting 9/3/15. A new version of the Demo will be available for download at a later date." womp womp

Hey Frakkin,

A fellow Bostonian!
    Frakkin T
    @Garthgou81 woo-hoo! 
    Huh, I guess they didn't want to give away vanilla destiny after all.
  • LukeLuke Central Illinois
    One more question, how long are the endgame raids? Are we talking like an hour to get something worthwhile done or is it like WoW or other MMOs where you have to have like a 3 to 4 hour block of in interrupted time?

Huh, I guess they didn't want to give away vanilla destiny after all.

Maybe it's just x360/ps3 that's blocked and not next-gen?