Official American Horror Story: Hotel season preview thread

Cecily and I will be returning to check into American Horror Story: Hotel.  Have you made your reservations yet?  We'll be recording a preview podcast for the new seasons, but we want to know what you're looking forward to, or dreading, as the case may be. Can a Ryan Murphy joint featuring Lady Gaga really go a whole season without a musical number?  Really?
ElisaUnderwood

Comments

• They have been advertising this season like crazy on social media. Gaga has been the main point in most advertisements leaving me to think that they hope she can bring the star power that Lange did. I will be watching Evan Peters very closely this season because I was not a fan of Jimmy last year,and I'm hoping it was the material, not the actor. Can Hotel truly be Horror in the true sense of the word? Only time can tell
    Elisa
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Loads of real hotel horror stories in LA for Ryan Murphy & Co to use, and abuse.  I'm keeping a positive attitude and hope they go out with a bang.
    Underwood
  • lippylippy Australia
    Gaga did a pretty good job hosting SNL a year or two ago, which is crazy because I'm usually cringing the whole way through when they get musicians and sports stars to host. So I have hope she will pull it off, but lets be clear, she is no Lange!
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    If there is one thing AHS gets right nearly all the time, it's casting and I'm sure Gaga will be no different. I'm glad all the usual suspects are back, but I do wish Taissa Farmiga was going to keep her odd-numbered season streak going. Maybe Emma Roberts replaced her in Murphy's mind?

Looking for this to be super-creepy back to basics AHS. The two best seasons (Murder House and Asylum) where ones where the setting was also a living character, a place that haunted you and felt like a trap. It does seem like they are going for the same vibe here.

Are we going to see connections to previous seasons? The hotel is in LA, so there seems to be a lot of potential to cross over with Murder House. My longshot desire is to see a connection between Bloody Face and the Dandy, maybe a family connection, with one member of the family alive in the present-day hotel. 
  • Creepy previews/trailers. I'm in.
  • Frakkin T said:

Looking for this to be super-creepy back to basics AHS.
    Agreed. Hoping for the same. Even at it's best, it seems AHS never quite nailed it though. I had hoped they would the last couple seasons... I have pretty much given up hope now. I still think it is worth watching because it has really great moments. It just can't string them together.

I am hoping for a few more "classy" lines to go with "show me your mossy bank" and "baby needs colostrum."
    Elisa
  • Asylum was great btw. It made little sense, but it was great. Like a weird dream.
    Elisa
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    @A_Ron_Hubbard I tried to find last year's podcast on stitcher to subscribe but no luck.  Any suggestions?
  • FYI regarding Jessica Lange-She had mentioned wanting to return to Broadway. She wanted to play Mary Tyrone in Eugene O'Neils "Long Day's Journey into the Night". Ryan Murphy got involved to bring the revival back to broadway and is one of the producers. I believe she will be performing on Broadway during the spring of 2016. Murphy hopes to get her back after the revival. 
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    edited October 2015
    Regarding Bloody Face and the Dandy: The original Bloody Face was an active serial killer During Asylum, which took place in 1964. He was revealed to be Dr. Oliver Thredson, who appeared to be late 20s/early 30s. Much of his psychosis stemmed from being abandoned by his mother when he was a child. Dandy was maybe 22-26 when we saw him in Freakshow, so if there is any direct family connection it would probably be that they are brothers. Maybe Dandy's crazy murderin' dad had an affair with Thredson's mother at some point? If that was the case, maybe their father (who we know was hung for his crimes) stayed at the hotel and still haunts it....or there was a 3rd or 4th son who is now a very old man...
  • Elisa said:

@A_Ron_Hubbard I tried to find last year's podcast on stitcher to subscribe but no luck.  Any suggestions?

For whatever reason, both this and Up Yours Downstairs were never on Stitcher.
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    I had to subscribe on iTunes. Really enjoyed the cast especially the banter between C and A. I am normally a scaredy cat and only watch AHS during the day to avoid nightmares. What to do. What to do.
  • I will be checking it out tonight only to see how GaGa does. I haven't liked this show since season 1 but I am super curious about GaGa.