815 - Worth

Comments

• FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Im one of those weirdos who stopped watching years ago, but kept listening to the podcast. Every season, just waiting for Jim and A. Ron to say "if you're not watching TWD these days, you're missing out." 
    phoenyx1023
  • I'm....free. I'm finally free.

Thank you, Bald Move, for removing this albatross from my neck. I can now finally put it behind me. I said I'd do it after the Negan fakeout, but came back to listen to you guys shit on the show.

No more. The end of an era, hopefully the rise of a better one.

Ditto. My son and I watched The Walking Dead from Day 1 (lasers, eight o'clock) but he bailed on the show after season 4. Wanting to find an analytical alternative to the eternal sunshine that was The Walking Dead 'Cast, I found Bald Move. And now, with Jim and A.Ron's announcement, I feel relief.
  • davemcbdavemcb Melbourne
    hisdudeness915phoenyx1023Murderbear
  • I think that Eugene is the main protagonist of the show for me now. His completely shameless survivalism is so relatable. And sardines in mac & cheese sounds fucking delicious, I can't wait to try that. I couldn't resist signing up for the club solely to watch J&A's reaction to his escape from Rosita. Best scene of the season by far (granted, I didn't watch any of the other episodes.)
  • Can you guys gray out your names in the podcast art in time for the last pod? 
    JimcdriveDoubleA_RonlengmoSchluppMurderbearalexander.klassenMelonusk
  • DrKenDrKen Chicago
    I kind of liked this episode.  Had some serious problems but I was entertained.
  • DrKenDrKen Chicago
    Kind of a bummer on the end of TWD Podcast but I get it.

Thanks for all the time spent with it. 

I'm still going to watch it.  I think I hate myself.
    gguenotMurderbearZandra
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I know the show has progressively gotten worse, but I’m having some cold-rolled feels about the end of the podcast.  This is the podcast that introduced me to Bald Move and @Jim and @A_Ron_Hubbard years ago, and I haven’t looked back since.   Thank you both for sticking it out as long as you did in the name of pleasing your listeners.  We all really appreciate the countless hours of work that you put into this.  

I feel like we need a montage of one or more of the following:

1.  Abraham exclaiming his Abraham-isms
    2.  Carol’s badassery
    3.  Rick and his “this is the way the world iiiiiiissss noooowww”

RIP Watching Dead.
    DoubleA_RonMurderbearKela15
  • DrKenDrKen Chicago
    Ironically, I think it has gotten much more watchable in recent weeks.

Notice, I didn't say good.  But, I watch it with some degree of enjoyment. 

There were many other episodes not so much.....
  • MichaelMichael Virginia
    I get it. The 5 stages of grief is very relevant. I quit after 7 but like most still listened to your pod. I was thankful, but, did feel sorry that you had the spend so much time and effort in this POS. Look forward to the wrap up podcast. There were some really great moments of Bald Move in many of those pods. Thank you for giving them the proper burial they deserve. 
    Murderbear
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    I’ll still finish it out but it’ll be in binge mode some year when I’m bored.

Live watches are super fun though. Do they do that for any other show?  I’ll miss that. 

Murderbear
  • I've always said about the show that if you don't like it then stop watching it.
    If you don't like the show and do a podcast about it then don't podcast it.

TWD podcast itself has become repetitive and unlistenable so it's a good choice to stop it.

The Expanse sounds intriguing - I'm going to give that a go.

As for Westworld - Season 1 was unintentionally spoiled by the Baldmove podcast. Whilst 
    an excellent show, there were really no surprises when we got to the end. Most of it had 
    been figured out in the form of theories.

• I'll still be watching and podcasting. Angela kang and the time jump and the characters are what's keeping me going 
  • Matty, you know it’s not going to get better. 
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    The amount of sigh/grunts A.Ron had this episode should have been a good clue this was coming. I hate that this show has made me a liar. I publicly swore I was done and here I am, still sticking with this bullshit. I'm glad they are being overcome by a huge sense of guilt about what they are doing to us by continuing to podcast about it. Apparently I can't help myself so I need them to stop for me.
  • Alkaid13 said:
    Matty, you know it’s not going to get better. I know but at least it'l have something different 
  • iMatty94 said:
    I'll still be watching and podcasting. Angela kang and the time jump and the characters are what's keeping me going 
    I'll still be watching too. I think the backlash of this show has just been the fashionable thing to do right now.

"Lets get on the bandwagon, they lost millions of viewers - We'll get more views/downloads because of that"  

Some of the criticism of this show is justified, I accept that. But it's still a watchable show to me.

As for  Angela kang - Lest's wait and see.
  • I mean I’ve been hating on this show for years so no bandwagons here. 
    Kela15voodooratphoenyx1023
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    I really don't think this is a bandwagon thing at all. As A.Ron mentioned in the episode, you can go back and listen to early episodes and hear how positive they used to be. This show's mediocrity has just beaten them down season after season.
  • Yep, no bandwagon here either. That scene with Daryl, Rosita and loosely-bound Eugene was one of many last straws.

Eugene the Puke-Mawed Yokel, standing behind Rosita, somehow manages to spray vomit on Rosita. Rosita is briefly surprised and Eugene turns and runs. He passes a parked car on the far side but Rosita inexplicably not only chooses the near side but decides to engage two zombies.

WTF?

Eugene has already passed through a convenient breach in a wooden fence and disappeared from view when Rosita fires several rounds into the top of the fence. What is she shooting at? Eugene is nowhere to be seen. Are these warning shots?

WTF?

Daryl and Rosita are now approaching a large ash pile containing human remains. Expert tracker Daryl pauses for a nanosecond, points and utters "He couldn't have got far. C'mon." He and Rosita run on. Apparently Eugene had enough time to 1) provide a convincing trail for Daryl that continues down the alley; 2) return to the ash pile without leaving a return trail and 3) somehow cover himself with ash so expertly as to completely fool Daryl. Merle must be convulsing in his grave at this point.

WTF?
    MurderbearZandragguenotGiovannialexander.klassen
  • michielterlouwmichielterlouw Helsinki
    edited April 2018
    Yep, no bandwagon here either. That scene with Daryl, Rosita and loosely-bound Eugene was one of many last straws.

Eugene the Puke-Mawed Yokel, standing behind Rosita, somehow manages to spray vomit on Rosita. Rosita is briefly surprised and Eugene turns and runs. He passes a parked car on the far side but Rosita inexplicably not only chooses the near side but decides to engage two zombies.

WTF?

Eugene has already passed through a convenient breach in a wooden fence and disappeared from view when Rosita fires several rounds into the top of the fence. What is she shooting at? Eugene is nowhere to be seen. Are these warning shots?

WTF?

Daryl and Rosita are now approaching a large ash pile containing human remains. Expert tracker Daryl pauses for a nanosecond, points and utters "He couldn't have got far. C'mon." He and Rosita run on. Apparently Eugene had enough time to 1) provide a convincing trail for Daryl that continues down the alley; 2) return to the ash pile without leaving a return trail and 3) somehow cover himself with ash so expertly as to completely fool Daryl. Merle must be convulsing in his grave at this point.

WTF?

If I may play devil's advocate

• Rosita chooses the near side because it's the shortest path to intercept Eugene.
    • The zombies surprise her, so she doesn't really have a choice other than to knock them out.
    • When Rosita shoots, Eugene has only just climbed through the fence. He must be right behind the fence that she is shooting bullets through.

(the real mystery is: why does she aim way way WAY too high?)

You can re-watch the scene here:

• Yet the Big Brain on Eugene chooses the far side of the car. Rosita, who should arguably possess a heightened awareness of her surroundings, didn't pick up on that. Surely speed-walker Eugene caused some reaction in these zombies so she must be hearing impaired, suffer from tunnel vision and have zero sense of smell too. But maybe these shambling bags of rotting meat no longer stink and have the common sense to stay warm and dry.

Here's Rosita's first shot (you can barely see the flash):

Maybe Rosita's venting her frustration on that fence? That time might be better spent chasing the elusive Eugene. But yeah, that aim. Wow. Even considering muzzle climb, it's bad.
  • voodooratvoodoorat Atlanta
    edited April 2018
    Alkaid13 said:
    I mean I’ve been hating on this show for years so no bandwagons here. 
    ditto.  i'm kind of sad because it seems like such a missed opportunity and in spite of the fact that it's been a kind-of shitty show for a long time i still had fun watching it sometimes and it was a habit/ritual.  and most of the shows that i found and most enjoyed listening to j&a over...  either are done (leftovers) or sucked and they quit (twd) or took the year off (got).  i don't know if i'll watch it sans podcast or not.

i remember back several seasons back when people just called pointing out the already-amply lazy writing/plotting/character development "nitpicking".
  • davemcbdavemcb Melbourne
    i thought of this as soon as it aired 

mwspiak
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    tabs64 said:
    iMatty94 said:
    I'll still be watching and podcasting. Angela kang and the time jump and the characters are what's keeping me going 
    I'll still be watching too. I think the backlash of this show has just been the fashionable thing to do right now.

"Lets get on the bandwagon, they lost millions of viewers - We'll get more views/downloads because of that"  

Some of the criticism of this show is justified, I accept that. But it's still a watchable show to me.

As for  Angela kang - Lest's wait and see.
    The vast majority of people who watch TV don’t listen to the subsequent podcasts or read the reviews or discussions. They’re just random Joes and Janes who got bored and stopped watching. Millions and millions of them. That’s not a bandwagon, that’s a sign this show is dying. 
    hisdudeness915
  • michielterlouwmichielterlouw Helsinki
    edited April 2018
    Yet the Big Brain on Eugene chooses the far side of the car. Rosita, who should arguably possess a heightened awareness of her surroundings, didn't pick up on that. Surely speed-walker Eugene caused some reaction in these zombies so she must be hearing impaired, suffer from tunnel vision and have zero sense of smell too. But maybe these shambling bags of rotting meat no longer stink and have the common sense to stay warm and dry.

Here's Rosita's first shot (you can barely see the flash):

Maybe Rosita's venting her frustration on that fence? That time might be better spent chasing the elusive Eugene. But yeah, that aim. Wow. Even considering muzzle climb, it's bad.

Eugene had already seen those walkers on the near side of the car (in a reflection). He was counting on them to surprise Rosita.

Rosita had neither seen, heard or smelled them. Not checking her surroundings seems very sloppy indeed. On the other hand, I assume smells and sounds must have been harder to detect because of the zombies Daryl was taking on (and of course because characters in this show are suddenly incompetent when the writers need them to be)
  • What I'm trying to say is Rosita should have asked herself why Eugene — who desperately wants to escape — takes the "long road" around the abandoned vehicle.

And I think Eugene consciously checks the window reflection to confirm the walkers position as he's the only one who bothers to look left as they walk past the alley. Unreal.

Daryl says "They must've heard us pull up. I got it. Watch him."

So Rosita let's Eugene stand behind her. What better way to watch your prisoner than to allow him to stand behind you, right? That entire scene was laughably bad.
  • What better way to watch your prisoner than to allow him to stand behind you, right? That entire scene was laughably bad.

Even as a self-proclaimed devil's advocate, I can't think of anything to counter this :-)
  • Alkaid13 said:
    I mean I’ve been hating on this show for years so no bandwagons here. 
    This is the bit I don't get. You hate this show for YEARS and still watch it ???

Why ???

I got through 3 episodes of Game of Thrones and gave up on it. I don't think it's a bad 
    show but the type of genre was not for me.

Please , I am not trolling, but I don't get the mentality of hating a show for years but you 
    carried on watching for those years.

• Mostly because of the podcast which is partially why I’m glad it’s ending and I no longer have to watch this show. 
This discussion has been closed.