Fortnite

Comments

• A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    I think that the theory I believe most is that the comet will hit on the last day of season 3 or the first day of season 4. Tilted is fun, but is widely considered to have ruined the pacing of the mid game. The ruin of Tilted would provide a cool new area and make it less attractive as a place to land so the action is more spaced out.

I dunno. I like Tilted. It's a real accomplishment to makie it out alive. But i like that Epic is taking chances and shaking things up. The comet is a brilliant idea.
    JaimieT
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    edited April 2018
    This lesbian thinks Tyler looks adorable in his suit playing his charity tournament in Vegas. I'm fangirling so hard. Lupo is there too, doing commentary. <3
  • He’s pulling in almost 500K viewers on his stream right now. 
    JaimieT
    Jess is interviewing him, and Jess thought the camera was cutting away, so she closed it out.... but the camera didn't leave. So Ninja, thinking he's off camera, says to his wife, "I'm distracted. Give me a kiss," and she kisses him.

If you don't know that's his wife, it looks so fucked up. 

CRINJA
  • Lmao  :s
    Vegas Pon Pon! Fantastic.
  • The Doc is my favorite streamer to watch. He gets it and understands the entertainment value better than anyone else. He may not be the best player at any particular game but he’s good enough to where the entertainment value he provides makes him a must watch any time he’s on stream.  The youtube videos he puts out are brilliant and extremely well edited. He understands the value of good music when playing games and when he’s in a top 10 situations. I love when inception or Interstellar starts playing. Needless to say I’m a Champion Club Member. 

Ninja is just not my cup of team. Amazing player in a lot of games and props to him on capitalizing on the Fortnite wave but I don’t find myself watching his streams very often. It will be interesting to see how he sustains his sub count once the Amazon Prime deal ends on April 31st( not sure if that date is correct) The “Crinja” nickame I totally get. As a 33 year old who is married and has a 2 year old, i hear some of the things he says and I just shake my head. You can definitely tell he’s 26 and his main target audience is 15 year olds with PlayStation 4’s. His wife just rubs me the wrong way too. I saw a story on doc’s reddit page when the falling out between the doc and ninja began when Doc didn’t follow her back on Twitter and she wasn’t happy about it. That just seems so petty but I could 100% see it by what I’ve seen in her interactions with Ninja.

Ben / Lupo was a total natural in the announcer booth.  I really hope to see more of these types of competitions in the future.  Some people said it was campy / boring, but I found it very tense, and almost every battle was decisive and played at a high level.  Some epic build offs.  It will be interesting to see what kind of competitive meta arises and how Epic will decide to shape it.
    JaimieTJTKIIIjtmy92
    edited April 2018
    Yeah, Lupo was fantastic. Not only so professional, but he got his sarcasm in there. 

Re: Ninja, it's cool if his audience is primarily 15-year-olds. This isn't Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

I was thinking yesterday that I'd kill to have an idea half as good as Ninja's headband status to instantly communicate how his games are going. 
  • Completely agree with everything you said A-Ron. Courage and Lupo were great and I found the entire event pretty entertaining. The intermissions were a little long but I understand there were three different waves.

One addition I’d like to see in the booth would be The Doc. He seems like a natural fit. He’s funny and he has good chemistry with Courage. Not sure how the Lupo dynamic would work though.
    JTKIII said:
    Completely agree with everything you said A-Ron. Courage and Lupo were great and I found the entire event pretty entertaining. The intermissions were a little long but I understand there were three different waves.

One addition I’d like to see in the booth would be The Doc. He seems like a natural fit. He’s funny and he has good chemistry with Courage. Not sure how the Lupo dynamic would work though.

What streamer do you watch that got you into Fortnite? I ask because The Doc doesn't seem to stream it much or like the game...
  • JaimieT said:
    JTKIII said:
    Completely agree with everything you said A-Ron. Courage and Lupo were great and I found the entire event pretty entertaining. The intermissions were a little long but I understand there were three different waves.

What streamer do you watch that got you into Fortnite? I ask because The Doc doesn't seem to stream it much or like the game...
    I didn’t start watching Twitch until mid February and I honestly can’t remember which streamer I first saw play the game. It might have been been Summit and he rarely plays the game anymore. 
    JaimieT
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    Well something blew up but it wasn’t Tilted. 
    jtmy92
    Ha! Yeah. I watched some of Lupo streaming this morning. 

I had a theory, that probably has been confirmed/denied at this point, after hearing season 4 would be about superheroes... that the "emotes" would be the superheroes using their power. Wouldn't that be goddamn cool? Like you have one skin whose power is teleportation, and you can get a skin-specific emote where he teleports around within the square area. 

I mean, it's weird he's not using that power in the game BUT DON'T OVERTHINK IT.

Anyway, Lupo's character could jump super high... so whatever it is, they're using it in-game. I can't wait until tonight when I can watch all of this. :)
  • Aron won his first Fortnite this morning!

Clip is awesome:
    https://clips.twitch.tv/InquisitiveCoweringGarageBlargNaut

gguenotJaimieTA_Ron_Hubbardjtmy92
  • FlashGordonFlashGordon Leeds, UK
    i'm a fan play on ps4 i'm flashgordon111
    Aron won his first Fortnite this morning!

Clip is awesome:
    https://clips.twitch.tv/InquisitiveCoweringGarageBlargNaut

CONGRATS!!!

Also you did not "do nothing" (but you know that) -- many times it seems like getting to 2nd or 3rd place is much harder than winning.
    Yeah, thanks... I did survive that hairy 1v1v1v1 to get into the top 10, but I was busy anticipating shooting a wounded duck trying to make it into the final circle that the actual win surprised me.  But I'll take it!  It's so crazy how I was just playing the game and the realization that I was in the top 5 instantly sent my heart into full on adrenaline mode.  I wonder when that goes away?
    JaimieTroxbombers
  • WonderedObjectWonderedObject SAN Francisco, CA
    Congrats! That’s how some of them go sometimes haha. Just the stepping stone 
  • kevinrileskevinriles New Jersey
    I think that the theory I believe most is that the comet will hit on the last day of season 3 or the first day of season 4. Tilted is fun, but is widely considered to have ruined the pacing of the mid game. The ruin of Tilted would provide a cool new area and make it less attractive as a place to land so the action is more spaced out.

I dunno. I like Tilted. It's a real accomplishment to makie it out alive. But i like that Epic is taking chances and shaking things up. The comet is a brilliant idea.

I like how they gave us a third option by literally making everywhere pretty interesting. Seems they shifted the focus to dusty divot tho
  • Hey everyone! Feel free to add me if you want. (Parz1v0l) "had to use 1337 speak spelling with a 1 and 0" . I mainly play STW, but I'm down to run some Battle Royale too. See you in game! 
  • 50 v 50 is back, BOYYEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
    I'm not a player, just a viewer, but was anyone else underwhelmed by the Thanos mode? And then they nerfed Thanos twice, so now it's even more boring.
    JaimieT said:
    I'm not a player, just a viewer, but was anyone else underwhelmed by the Thanos mode? And then they nerfed Thanos twice, so now it's even more boring.

Ninja had some memorable games where he just absolutely slayed with it. He had like a 25 kill game running Thanks. I thought it's interesting. Needs some tweaking and balancing, but I like that they keep trying new things.
    JaimieT
  • Couple days ago Doc went on a long speal about the shelf life for Fortnite on how he feels it’s here to last. He doesn’t see it going anywhere soon and thinks Epic probably is probably already working on 1 or 2 more new maps.  I have to agree. They’ve made so much money over the last few months that the sky is the limit for this game. No pun intended. They’ve got the 10-15 demo locked down and I don’t see them loosening that grip anytime soon. Doc did say that there is this other older demographic out there thirsting for another game and he’s interested to see what game that’s going to be. 
    JaimieT
    edited May 2018
    JTKIII said:
    Couple days ago Doc went on a long speal about the shelf life for Fortnite on how he feels it’s here to last. He doesn’t see it going anywhere soon and thinks Epic probably is probably already working on 1 or 2 more new maps.  I have to agree. They’ve made so much money over the last few months that the sky is the limit for this game. No pun intended. They’ve got the 10-15 demo locked down and I don’t see them loosening that grip anytime soon. Doc did say that there is this other older demographic out there thirsting for another game and he’s interested to see what game that’s going to be. 

Yeah, Epic brilliantly eliminated one of the main barriers to making a sale: money. Now that's a pull for the adult demographic, but it's downright killing it with the teen demographic, who don't even need to ask their parents for a credit card... they just download it and start.

When money is not a factor, I don't think the demographics are so directly correlated with appeal. The data is muddy.
    edited May 2018
    TGF Ninja streaming all day today. I was reading reviews on the horrible, child-abusive book my parents raised me on... feeling really sad and angry... then I look over and Ninja gets shot and has this funny reaction that sets me off laughing. Which I needed.

Today, this "holiday," sucks. And I think in the future I'll look back on this time and think, "Watching dumb-ass Fortnite streams got me through my first year of therapy."
  • I’m sorry this is a rough day for you; it’s a tough one for me too. There’s something super therapeutic about watching your favorite comedy or streamer when you’re going through a difficult time 
    JaimieT
    Chinaski said:

I'm glad the article touched on it becoming a spectator sport.