Fortnite

Comments

• JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    edited July 2018
    They're cancelling the event after the next game. Final game.

When someone's camping like that, I just channel surf to someone else.
  • Funny that King Richard is okay with the lag for this one because 250k tourney is nothing compared to the 10 mil tourneys that will be coming.  I wonder if they will nerf mats to try to help the servers so there isn't 40 people in the last circles all building.
    Funny that King Richard is okay with the lag for this one because 250k tourney is nothing compared to the 10 mil tourneys that will be coming.  I wonder if they will nerf mats to try to help the servers so there isn't 40 people in the last circles all building.

I'd rather them nerf the graphics first, lol.
    roxbombers
  • Oh no! They are stopping early.  Now what are we supposed to do? At least you have extra cookies
    JaimieT
  • gguenot said:
    Probably just going to watch Grandpagaming play No Mans Sky

https://www.twitch.tv/grndpagaming
    I followed this guy @gguenot when you posted about him and finally got around to watching him a little this morning and that was fascinating.  Never had watched any No Man's Sky before so I had no clue what was going on but it was so refreshing to see someone his age on Twitch. 

• gguenot said:
    Probably just going to watch Grandpagaming play No Mans Sky

https://www.twitch.tv/grndpagaming
    I followed this guy @gguenot when you posted about him and finally got around to watching him a little this morning and that was fascinating.  Never had watched any No Man's Sky before so I had no clue what was going on but it was so refreshing to see someone his age on Twitch. 

Fascinating is the perfect word because he really gives it 110%
    roxbombers
  • edited July 2018
    Rewatching the King Rich and Ninja broadcast from yesterday night and Ninja said that Red Bull is helping to create his stream room.  

KR said the rifts play a huge equalizer in Friday Fortnite.  Said tfue's rotations are next level and helps to have something other than relying on a jumpad. 

Ninja is going to the ESPY's this week.
    JaimieT
    Rewatching the King Rich and Ninja broadcast from yesterday night and Ninja said that Red Bull is helping to create his stream room.  

Damn. That'll be... interesting to see.

I watched him early in the stream last night, and he was saying how tired he was, and I guess someone commented about drinking a Red Bull, and he said, "I am drinking a Red Bull, but I don't think the Red Bull... can... help." Like he started that sentence and realized he shouldn't be saying it LOL.
  • Rewatching the King Rich and Ninja broadcast from yesterday night and Ninja said that Red Bull is helping to create his stream room.  

KR said the rifts play a huge equalizer in Friday Fortnite.  Said tfue's rotations are next level and helps to have something other than relying on a jumpad. 

Ninja is going to the ESPY's this week.
    Ninja at the ESPY’s? Interesting. 

• edited July 2018
     Yeah, King Rich was a little surprised @JTKIII but with all the sports players using Fortnite celebrations great move for him to be there with everyone in LA for a few days.

I wonder what the terms of that Red Bull partnership really were.  By the way he was talking it could be the 'Red Bull Streaming Room'.

The beginning part of that stream was really cool with neither of them playing in so long they used it as a catchup session talking personal life with both of them moving recently, what they like about the current state of the weapons and Season 5 (first 30-45 minutes).  I'm 1:40 into the stream and they are on a 4 or 5 win streak just wrecking people.

King Rich's stream if anyone wants to check out the first bit: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/285174478
    JaimieT
  • Finally got through the stream.  Near the end Rich asks Ninja when the room is going to be done and Ninja said they are still talking concepts.  Red Bull has contracted a company that creates studios for a living to design the room.

Now I'm really getting excited for what he could have up his sleeve...
    JaimieT
  • What is EPIC doing? 

KEEMSTAR moves Friday Fortnite moving to Sundays after hearing EPIC was doing events on Friday and Saturday now.  This was the last Friday it was scheduled for before moving.  EPIC last minutes schedules a 500k solo tournament tomorrow?? 

Richard mentioned on his stream he didn't get an invite but it looks like Krafty, Myth, HD, Sypher are all in the solo tourney based on their stream titles of 500k practice.

https://dotesports.com/fortnite/news/epic-games-500k-solo-friday-fortnite-31168

• Dr. DDisRepect jumped in Tim's chat to ask if he wanted to play Fortnite Friday with him and sounds like Tim is in the 500k solo tourney as well.
    edited July 2018
    What is EPIC doing? 

Whatever the fuck they want I guess. I'm more likely to tune into an Epic event... although I'm bailing at the first sign of lag.

Edit: Actually I'll go wherever Ninja and Lupo are...
    roxbombers
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    Going away with friends this weekend so have to miss all of the multiple tourney fun live. Damn the real world!
    roxbombers
    amyja89 said:
    Going away with friends this weekend so have to miss all of the multiple tourney fun live. Damn the real world!

Yeah, I have to go to the Book of Mormon on Saturday (boo hoo!) so I'll miss whatever's happening then. A whole weekend though. Damn. How will you ever survive? ;) Have fun!
    amyja89
  • jtmy92jtmy92 Independence, MO
    JaimieT said:
    What is EPIC doing? 

Whatever the fuck they want I guess. I'm more likely to tune into an Epic event... although I'm bailing at the first sign of lag.

Edit: Actually I'll go wherever Ninja and Lupo are...
    Based on Epic's post this morning, I don't think they're doing private servers this week so *hopefully* lag isn't an issue this week. Interested to see who plays in which event. 
    JaimieT
    edited July 2018
    So something weird is going on here with the event being cancelled tomorrow, Fortnite capping Keemstar's event at $20k, and now this...

edited July 2018
    I think it's because it was ending anyway...

Edit: Oh Keemstar cancelled?! I missed that in your comment @jtmy92. I feel bad for him.

My first interpretation of UMG's announcement was "Friday Fortnite is going away because it'll be called Sunday Fortnite," HA, wishful thinking. It does look like Epic got UMG to sign an exclusivity agreement.
    jtmy92
    edited July 2018
    The one great thing about Epic doing Friday Fortnite (erm, Summer Skirmish) is IT STARTS AT 5PM NOT 4PM.

Edit: What Epic learned from the Week 1 failure, as told by Epic
  • I’m interested to see how this tourney plays out today. $500K is no joke. Can anyone explain the rules and format? Is there a bracket?
    JTKIII said:
    I’m interested to see how this tourney plays out today. $500K is no joke. Can anyone explain the rules and format? Is there a bracket?

I've been looking but haven't seen it yet. First person who sees it, post it here?
    edited July 2018
    Looks like rules and competitors for today are up.... they will play 10 games each with the following scoring format:

Victory Royales: +5 Points
    Eliminations: +1 Point
    20 or More Eliminations (per game): +10 Points and $10,000

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/summer-skirmish

There's a similar tournament tomorrow. I think it's for EU players. 
    JaimieTJTKIII
    edited July 2018
    jtmy92 said:
    Looks like rules and competitors for today are up.... they will play 10 games each with the following scoring format:

Oh THANK GOD it's EU, because I'm missing that one and I can cope.

Love the heavier weighting of the eliminations. I doubt anyone will kill 20 players... maybe it should be 15, but oh well, it's a start. Killing just 5 other players is as good as winning the game, so I'm loving the strategy here.
    jtmy92
  • jtmy92 said:

I’m digging that. I wonder if a lot the players will be in the same lobby. That could make things very interesting haha. I’d assume that will be the case for some players if they start the games at the same time.
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    How long do we think this will be on for? I won't be home by 5ET, but I'd like to catch some of this with my son.
    edited July 2018
    Flukes said:
    How long do we think this will be on for? I won't be home by 5ET, but I'd like to catch some of this with my son.

Friday Fortnite's would last until 11pm or so. But this one's just 10 games, so assuming no server malfunctions that require an early cancellation... I'd say 4 hours, maybe 5 if they take their time between games.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Argh, bummed that I'm going to miss the first hour or so of this!
    jtmy92
    Argh, bummed that I'm going to miss the first hour or so of this!

Now you know how it feels! Your 4-6pm streaming!