Dumb things you become obsessed with buying

1235»

Comments

• JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    edited July 2018
    I started googling around about these chunky blankets and found one that looks more durable which is made from this "Ohhio Braid" material.

https://ohhio.com/blog/merino-wool-roving-vs-ohhio-braid/

instead of using the merino roving, they made a tube of knit fabric and stuffed it. It's not going to look the same close up but you get the same look. Pretty pricey but more durable. Looks like you can buy materials or finished blankets from them. The finished blankets seem to be offered in this "Ohhio Braid" as well as merino.

FWIW, that's what I was thinking when I said cotton. Like, cotton tubing. So when you said that still pills, I was confused. Does it still pill, even like that?

Also... fuck, now I want one of those.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    JaimieT said:
    I started googling around about these chunky blankets and found one that looks more durable which is made from this "Ohhio Braid" material.

https://ohhio.com/blog/merino-wool-roving-vs-ohhio-braid/

instead of using the merino roving, they made a tube of knit fabric and stuffed it. It's not going to look the same close up but you get the same look. Pretty pricey but more durable. Looks like you can buy materials or finished blankets from them. The finished blankets seem to be offered in this "Ohhio Braid" as well as merino.

FWIW, that's what I was thinking when I said cotton. Like, cotton tubing. So when you said that still pills, I was confused. Does it still pill, even like that?

Also... fuck, now I want one of those.
    No, that wouldn't pill. That's basically like if you took the material from t-shirts, made tubes and stuffed them.

But you can also get cotton roving or super fluffy, bulky cotton "yarn" that will pill. 

Cool. I guess it would have seams all in it so that wouldn't look as pretty. 
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I'm into this giant granny square blanket- instead of making a ton of granny squares you just make one huge one. This Purl Soho one is my inspiration but I won't be making this one because I don't want to use merino and it's $$$$$$.

I made one of those for my bed when I was a kid in various shades of blue and I had it for years. 
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    not necessarily obsessed with 'buying' but i'm a sticker freak. occasionally i'll stop by the skate shop by my house and drop like 10 bucks worth of stickers. my laptop is covered in em. from bands, record labels, skate company's, sports teams, rick n morty, in n out burger, you name it. i love me some stickers!
    DeeNoelMichellecdriveTravis
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Chinaski said:
    not necessarily obsessed with 'buying' but i'm a sticker freak. occasionally i'll stop by the skate shop by my house and drop like 10 bucks worth of stickers. my laptop is covered in em. from bands, record labels, skate company's, sports teams, rick n morty, in n out burger, you name it. i love me some stickers!
    That immediately makes me think of the Bob’s Burgers episode where Linda wants Louise to have a sleepover and Louise goes, “You know what kids in my class think about? Stickers, stickers, stickers, stickers, stickers, STICKERS!”
    Chinaski
  • Latest purchase of books. And yes, I got Sapiens cuz I was interested in what I heard. Aron should get a cut of the profits....

NoelTaraC73
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    @Chinaski I got a giant pack of stickers off amazon for like $8. My kids loved them all - random crap like video game characters/brands, clothing and sneakers logos, food, silly faces, same stuff you’d see in a skate shop. It may have been an add on item, and I have prime so shipping would have been free anyway for me but maybe look into it! Lots of fun!!

@akritenbrink thanks for the restaurant recommendation!! Hubby added it to our research list!! We are already hitting up a museum on the same day we go to the space needle, I think it’s called the pop culture museum; they are having a Pearl Jam exhibit and that includes admission to the whole place!
    ChinaskiMichelle
    @akritenbrink we are looking at rental cars. I hate not having a car at my disposal and hate public transportation! 
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    when i have it my wallet explodes and there is no limit. sushi!
    cdriveTaraC73MichelleFreddy
  • I buy magnets when I travel, too. Now I'm into cruising and buying magnets from the ships I've been on.
    Those are the magnets I have bought on our last 2 cruises is the ones of the specific ship I was on.  It's a relatively cheap keepsake from these trips I've done with all my friends.  
    Michelle
    I buy magnets too! One or two on every trip. Cheesy, pretty, funky, functional... whatever catches my eye. 
    Michelle
  • Mont Blanc colognes. Best on the planet. Always pick up. New one when I see them.

Freddy
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Hatorian said:
    Mont Blanc colognes. Best on the planet. Always pick up. New one when I see them.

Patek Philippe doesn't make cologne!?
    Hatorian
  • Freddy said:
    Hatorian said:
    Mont Blanc colognes. Best on the planet. Always pick up. New one when I see them.

Patek Philippe doesn't make cologne!?
    the watch itself releases pheromones that attract all sorts of women. so they dont need to do colognes.... <span>:wink:</span>
    Freddy