Anyone else find the shining to be terrible?

So I recently watched the shining and wanted to create this thread to see if anyone actually did like it to my surprise and to link my tweet for my review series called classic reviews. If you don't want to check that out let me know what you thought anyway :) 

russkelly

Comments

• Whaaaaaaat... One of the best movies ever IMO.
    KingKobraFlashGordonken hale
  • I like the movie by itself, but it’s an awful King adaptation
  • The TV miniseries is really bad.
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I’m not a fan, but I can’t stand Jack Nicholson. 
  • I liked and still like it a lot. It’s plodding in parts, but a classic regardless. 
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    It's OK. I think it's too long and not all that interesting.

Turns out I'm not a fan of Stanley Kubrick.
  • russkellyrusskelly Indianapolis
    It is indeed one of the best films. No need to get too deep with it's meaning, tho. But I like your moxie. I'll give you one back. French Connection... Yawn.
    ken hale
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited August 2018
    Get off my obstacle, User @iMatty94!

Nah, I thought it was good, not a super masterpiece, but pretty quality, especially for a horror movie.

• Definitely a classic. Room 237 is an interesting documentary that you should check out. It was on Netflix for a while, not sure if still there. 
    russkellyKingKobratelephoneofmadnessFlashGordonrhcoop
  • It's definitely my least favorite Kubrick movie that I've seen, and also kinda hated Jack Nickolson in it. 
  • FlashGordonFlashGordon Leeds, UK
    edited August 2018
    I love the Shining , it’s subjective but it’s a master class in tension building and horror and  a total onion too , so many layers to it... but I get it , not for everyone 
    Freiberg
  • I love it, and I am in the camp that 2001 is WAY too bloated and plodding and not a movie I'll probably ever watch again. 
    rhcoop
  • rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    asmallcat said:
    I love it, and I am in the camp that 2001 is WAY too bloated and plodding and not a movie I'll probably ever watch again. 
    I've never been able to get into 2001.

However, the Shining is pretty hard to beat as a creepy and classic horror movie. 
  • rhcoop said:
    asmallcat said:
    I love it, and I am in the camp that 2001 is WAY too bloated and plodding and not a movie I'll probably ever watch again. 
    I've never been able to get into 2001.

However, the Shining is pretty hard to beat as a creepy and classic horror movie. 
    I actually like the 2nd and 3rd acts of 2011 a lot. They are just surrounded by a lot of stuff that doesn't do it for me.