Disney Streaming Service - Loki, Scarlet Witch, Other Marvel Heroes to Get Own TV Series

"The actors who portrayed these heroes and villains in the Avengers films and their spin-offs, such as Tom Hiddleston and Elizabeth Olsen, are expected to play them in the streaming shows. Moreover, though sources close to the production are staying mum on the cost of the programming, the budgets are expected to be hefty rivaling those of a major studio productions. Each series is expected to include six to eight episodes. Marvel Studios will produce the shows and Kevin Feige, the guru of all things MCU, is expected to take a hands-on role in their development."

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/loki-scarlet-witch-tv-series-marvel-disney-streaming-service-1202947551/

I admit, I'm a sucker for the MCU (although I still haven't seen Ant-man 2), along with Pixar movies and other Disney productions (Big Hero 6, Wreck-It Ralph, Moana) and Star Wars (although to a lesser degree) so although I don't like paying for more content subscriptions, I'll probably end up paying for the Disney Streaming Service if the subscription price is reasonable.

How many people here would pay for the Disney Streaming Service?

Comments

• JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    I would if they do princess things.
  • Knowing me I probably will end up getting this.   I'm curious to hear what happens to all the Netflix Marvel shows (Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Defenders).  Do they stay on Netflix, does the Disney streaming App take them???  If they end up going to the Disney streaming service, I'll 100% for sure be getting it.  
  • Knowing me I probably will end up getting this.   I'm curious to hear what happens to all the Netflix Marvel shows (Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Defenders).  Do they stay on Netflix, does the Disney streaming App take them???  If they end up going to the Disney streaming service, I'll 100% for sure be getting it.  
    For now they stay with Netflix (last I read) Things could always change. 
    awookiee
  • i got two kids, three including myself. so yea, im getting it. 
  • I'm subscribing for sure. For, umm, my 4 year old daughter. Yeah, that's why.
    KingKobraakimajjam0770
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    It'll partially depend on the price, but my youngest is way into Disney, I'm guessing we pick this up if it's reasonable. These services + internet is basically costing me the same as cable did which is annoying.
    majjam0770Elisa
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    edited September 2018
    Yeah, it's about to get real crazy with all of these people trying to get their piece of the pie with streaming TV subscription networks. We cut the cord a while back, but are still paying for it. My wife just signed up temporarily for Showtime just to watch Shameless. I deactivated Hulu until something comes back on that we want to watch. I'm sure we wilI activate STARZ again just to watch Outlander before freezing that subscription promptly after. It's maddening.

It will eventually come to a head when there are moves made to consolidate some of them. Whether it's some of them folding or they're bought out by the more successful streaming platforms/networks that win the wars. I wouldn't mind Netflix buying Hulu, and HBO buying STARZ or Showtime out.
    Flukes
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    edited September 2018
    If I were to get the service it would be for classic content. I would like to see the old live action movies like The Appledumpling gang. I would enjoy it also if they ran older movies from their off shoot studios. Basically I want old movies. New Marvel or Star Wars shows don’t interest me. 
    Elisa
  • So I’m in on Disney+. They announced it launches in November. $6.99 monthly or $69.99 yearly. 4K content. 
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Between Netflix and HBO I feel like I already have too many choices. I’d need to sacrifice one to subscribe to the other. But I love Hiddleston and Netflix cancelled all their Marvel series (IMO Iron Fist needed to go) so it may not be a tough decision. PS - zero interest in Apple programming. 
    Elisa
  • Especially at $70 a year, I'm in on Disney +