MLB 2018

Comments

• https://www.yahoo.com/sports/j-hinch-responds-ken-giles-020321108.html

Reading this just made me laugh.  HHmmm, i wonder why Giles had a negative experience.....Is it because he almost cost his team a championship and I'm guessing that every Houston fan was screaming "nnnoooo!" when he entered the game during the post season last year.

• Really disappointing loss to Seattle last night, but wow that game kept me on the edge of my seat.  I really thought we might have pulled it out in a walk off in the 10th, but then that 11th inning...  hoping we kick their butts tonight.

• ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    haha they
    Michelle said:
    Really disappointing loss to Seattle last night, but wow that game kept me on the edge of my seat.  I really thought we might have pulled it out in a walk off in the 10th, but then that 11th inning...  hoping we kick their butts tonight.
    they were all hungover from the night before haha. esp Chapman. that dude was having himself a good ole time on Monday night :D
    Michelle
  • Matt Olson just got his first ever career grand slam!  :heart: :star:
  • Friday night baseball and we're so close to October!  Let's go!!!!  :heart:
  • Rockies still surging! Gotta check how much Coors Field playoff tickets are going for...
  • MrX said:
    Rockies still surging! Gotta check how much Coors Field playoff tickets are going for...
    I really hope they win the division. Jut cuz I’m salty about the Dodgers beating the Cubs last year 
    MrXAww_PHuuCk
  • Couldn't ask for a better closing weekend at Fenway after a great season

Noelcdrive
  • edited September 2018
    MrX said:
    Couldn't ask for a better closing weekend at Fenway after a great season

Dude not only got kicked out of the stadium, but threw back a potential mlb record baseball. Good throw, but yeah not the smartest thing to do. 

• Get ready for tiebreaker Monday!
  • Quintana cost the Cubs one of the most promising prospects in baseball. If he shuts down the brewers and cubs win the division it will be a huge win for that trade. 
  • Impressive that both the NL Central and NL West both ended up in a tie and that they both need to play a tie-breaker game.  Then, the losers of those games face off in the Wild Card game.  Have to wonder about the strategy if they think of it as a type of elimination game or if they say "well, if we lose, we still have a chance so maybe we don't burn some of our best pitchers in the process".
  • Just finished the Cubs-Brewers game plausibly live.  What is up with Chicago?  When the Brewers won, the crowd sounded like they were in Milwaukee.
  • Just finished the Cubs-Brewers game plausibly live.  What is up with Chicago?  When the Brewers won, the crowd sounded like they were in Milwaukee.
    It's about a two hour drive to Chicago. I bet a ton of Brewer fans made the trip.

There is always the danger too that the fans who show up at these games are only the ones who can afford to go. 
    It's a strange twist of irony (and I guess objectively cosmic justice) when you consider that for the longest time Brewer fans complained that Miller Park sounded like Wrigley whenever the Cubs came into town. Bugs the hell out of me now that the Cubs have to win a wild card game, but credit to the Brewers. They played fantastic baseball down the stretch, and it wasn't like the Cubs played like shit the past 2 weeks. 
  • jeez. my heart cant take these Cubs games. why do all these huge games have to go into extra innings?
  • of course this game has to go late when I'm on the East Coast for work. 
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    I’m a night owl so I love when games go late. Especially when I’m a neutral observer. I can just have some beers and enjoy the drama.
    MrXrusskelly
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Lol that hug!!!!!  
    NoelMrXrusskelly
  • I think if Arenado tries to throw the ball he may get given the double play there.

cdrive said:
    Lol that hug!!!!!  

• Well that was a season that ended abruptly early. Ugh. That inability to score runs late in the season really killed the Cubs.
  • Well that was a season that ended abruptly early. Ugh. That inability to score runs late in the season really killed the Cubs.
    Yea. I don’t see them winning the WS anyways. Too inconsistent. Honestly I’m fine if they don’t win another championship. I don’t think anything can top the excitement and amazement of what they did in 2016. They have a free pass until my kids grow up and start following the team in like 15-20 years. 

I’ll be bitter until next season but it’s also a bit karmic that you have 2 shitty players in Russel and Murphy on the team. There’s no doubt Murphy is a homophobe and it’s starting to look like Russel May very well be guilty of domestic abuse. Innocent until proven guilty but Murphy went 0-5 and Russel who is probably the most clutch player on the team and could have played s key role in those extra innings was suspended due to poor behaviour. Even if he didn’t do everything his wife said it’s hard to side with him considering there’s something like 600 players in the MLB and these accusations only happen to a few. 

My sole focus now is on a Bears championship. I was too young to really enjoy 85. I watched all the Bulls and Hawks championships. I need to see a Bears win.  
    ChinaskiAww_PHuuCk
  • Did I really just read that there are rumors that Joe Maddon is going to get fired? This can't be a legit rumor can it?
  • Did I really just read that there are rumors that Joe Maddon is going to get fired? This can't be a legit rumor can it?
    no. theo confirmed he will be back. he always has some head scratching calls but until he misses the playoffs 2 years in a row with this team he should be the manager. 
    Aww_PHuuCk
    bullpening in a 1 game playoff :#. in BoMel i trust. lets.go.Oakland!

wish they woulda worn their Oakland Grey's.

p.s. Aaron Boone's face sucks.
    Michelle
    bummer. super fun year so can't help but be optimistic for next year when we don't have +5 SP on the DL.

fist bump to @MrX and go BoSox at this point vs those asshole.

p.s. Aaron Boone's face still sucks.
    Michelle
  • Bah, too bad for Oakland.  Go Red Sox!  And then whoever plays the Red Sox or Yankees!
    cdrive
  • Ugh boo Red Sox. Respect to MrX, but I want them nowhere near the World Series.
  • Chinaski said:
    bummer. super fun year so can't help but be optimistic for next year when we don't have +5 SP on the DL.

fist bump to @MrX and go BoSox at this point vs those asshole.

p.s. Aaron Boone's face still sucks.
    Nice season for Oakland, if they were playing someone else I probably would root for them. 

Not sure why you hate the Yankees so much, might want to work on that anger management. 

The American league series' should both be real good. 
  •  So does this thread officially close now that the A's have been eliminated and their season done? :p

I found it interesting at all of these people that were picking the A's prior to the game.  It's almost like they became the chic pick and that's why everyone started to pick them to win.  But planning on bullpenning a game, I don't know.  If anything, I think last night showed why if you can find a true ace, then you'd rather have that option than trying to piece a game together.  Unless you're going to have 9 truly lights out relievers that only pitch 1 inning each.  But if you're relying on Rodney as a key piece, I don't necessarily trust that. 

Also last night just demonstrated how much more dominant Mariano Rivera really was for all of those years since he could go out and pitch multiple scoreless innings.

But regardless, winning 97 games when you expectations weren't that high is a huge accomplishment.   

Boston vs. New York should be interesting.  Would have to think Boston is going to win that series but you never know.

MrXAww_PHuuCkChinaskiNoel
This discussion has been closed.