Positivity! aka the good vibes thread

Comments

• MichelleMichelle California
    edited September 2018
    This little boy put a smile on my face this morning.  He's just excited to do the smallest thing that many of us take for granted or don't even think about.  He's not upset over his condition or his limitations.  What a little cutie and such an inspiration. :heart:

cdriveHatorian
  • JoshuaHeterJoshuaHeter Omaha, NE
    edited September 2018
    I already mentioned my new job here. I guess is kind of an extension of that. In the Spring of 2014, I was living with my folks, trying to cobble together part time work. I then landed a on year (full time) gig in South Dakota. That lead to landing a (potentially permanent) gig in Omaha. Well, this week I closed on a house with a 7 (or so) minute commute to my job in/around my hometown of St. Louis. 

Also... I’m a moron, and have utterly failed to add a picture of the property.
    cdriveMichellerusskellyFreiberg
  • edited September 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    JaimieTcdriveMichelle
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Oh also, I think I might be going into menopause, which is extremely exciting for someone who suffers from PMDD.
    Hold that excitement - meno is a bitch on wheels. 
    Freddy
  • Saw the latest teaser posters for Captain Marvel!
  • russkellyrusskelly Indianapolis
    adobo1148 said:
    Saw the latest teaser posters for Captain Marvel!
    So good!
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    edited September 2018
    I tweeted a 7 second video of someone shouting out the McElroy Brothers on Jeopardy last night. Justin McElroy retweeted me and it's been seen 50,000+ times already!
    russkellyMichelleFreiberg
    edited September 2018
    My office door has a window directly across from it.  I'm loving the view of all of the fall colors in the trees, contrasted with the bright blue sky right now.  It's beautiful.  
    JaimieT
  • I was getting frustrated with a printer today and I did not completely lose my shit. YAY!!!!!!!!!
    MichellerusskellyMurderbear
  • edited September 2018
    https://youtu.be/N9wsjroVlu8
    My previous post reminded me of this classic.

Michelle
  • edited September 2018
    It’s my birthday and my wife got me this awesome shirt!

Edit: son of a bitch, for the life of me I cannot figure out how to embed an image.  I’m on an iPhone, can anyone explain this to me?

ReEdit: trying again with assistance from @cdrive (thanks a bunch!), and hot dog it worked!
    adobo1148JaimieTcdriveMurderbearKate23
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Freiberg said:

Edit: son of a bitch, for the life of me I cannot figure out how to embed an image.  I’m on an iPhone, can anyone explain this to me?
    Go to http://tinypic.com/

upload your photo

then copy/paste the direct link of your uploaded photo into the add image bar ( the button to the right of the ‘add emoji’ button )
    Freiberg
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Took Friday off to see my boy’s fun run and I got multiple compliments on my dark cyan Gamgee’s Famous Potatoes shirt which my wife got me.  Glad to know there are fellow super nerdy parents at my kid’s school.  We don’t get out as often as we used to now with 2 kids but we got a sitter and we’re getting out to an evening with Yo La Tengo tonight. Will be the 4th time we’ve seen them.  I’m all ‘aging hipstered out’ with said Gamgee shirt jeans & vintage sneaks, she’s looking fine as hell in a LBD.  
    FreibergFreddyMichelleChinaski
    edited September 2018
    Today's the first day of fall!  I love this season - sweaters, bonfires, fall colors in the trees, and it's the lead-in to the holiday season.   You wouldn't know it's fall though here - we had an unseasonably warm day, even though our high was only 66 (which feels more like low to mid 70s here - we're on the coast and our weather's all weird).  I took advantage of it and spent the afternoon working on my backyard re-landscaping/redecorating project.  I'm getting closer to being done, which is nice.  I enjoyed a nice cool shower, and now I have a hot cup of coffee and the A's streaming live.  Life is good today. :)
    FreddyChinaskicdrive
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    ^^^I see some things there I really like.
    Michelle
  • Freiberg said:

ReEdit: trying again with assistance from @cdrive (thanks a bunch!), and hot dog it worked!
    God I love that episode. Shaka when the walls it is not
    JaimieTFreiberg
    edited September 2018
    Tonight’s sunset, taken with my iPhone.

FreibergChinaskiMurderbearcdrivetelephoneofmadness
    My wife and I just came home from a school fundraiser costume party. My wife dressed up as Amelia Earhart. (Shes's in a wheelchair and turned her chair into an airplane. the whole nine yards. She came in second... I know. ROBBED!) Anyway, wife got me the unlimited drinks ticket. We ended up having a very fun time. I say to her, "We should go out more..." When I say, "We should go out more," I mean we should go out period. We never go out. She says, "I'd like that." Now we're going to go out on more dates! Woohoo! And we made some money for the kiddo's school. :)
    MichelleChinaskiMurderbearcdriveFreibergDani_Armindo
  • edited September 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I recieved jury summons starting Oct 1.  So every evening I've had to call in to find out if I had to report the next day, or if I was on 'stand by' (meaning I didn't have to go in the next day).
    I've been on stand by all week, and when I called this evening, the recording told me that not only did I not have to go in tomorrow, but that my service was done for at least the next 12 months!   :)

I actually think it would be interesting to be on a jury, so I really wouldn't have minded if I had to in/was picked to be on a jury.  But due to some health issues that I'm dealing with right now, and some other personal issues currently going on, this would have been horrible timing.  So I am super relieved that I didn't have to go in this time!
    MichelleDee
  • I just baked some damn good banana bread 
    MichelleDeerusskelly
    Day one of Keto is complete. Logged every calorie and every macro into a spreadsheet. If nothing else, it is a real eye opener as to what exactly goes into my body when I eat. I consumed a surprisingly large amount of vegetables. Felt pretty full all day.
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    russkelly said:
    Day one of Keto is complete. Logged every calorie and every macro into a spreadsheet. If nothing else, it is a real eye opener as to what exactly goes into my body when I eat. I consumed a surprisingly large amount of vegetables. Felt pretty full all day.

Good for you! Chicken broth is your friend this week. You'll be shedding sodium so get plenty.
    russkellyKate23
  • I'd been looking through the house for something for over a year on and off, even asking friends if I'd lent it out, resigned that it's gone. Just found it again yesterday!
    Wish I could bottle that temporary euphoria. 
    JaimieTtom_g
    Kate23 said:
    I'd been looking through the house for something for over a year on and off, even asking friends if I'd lent it out, resigned that it's gone. Just found it again yesterday!
    Wish I could bottle that temporary euphoria. 
    The best feeling!