4.09 Wiedersehen

2»

Comments

• MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    We're only doing 5 seasons. Yup, just 5. 5 is the magic number. Oh, by the way, season 5 will be double the number of episodes. Soooooo.....you're doing 6 seasons? Nope, we're only doing 5.
  • 20 episodes?! Is it going to run 10 a year? 
  • Jim said:
    Multiple times during the Wiedersehen cast (and other cast episodes this season) @A_Ron_Hubbard implied that Season 5 would be the final season of Better Call Saul. While AMC has already renewed the show for a 5th season, I haven't read anywhere that Season 5 will be the last season of the show. Did I miss something? Do you have some inside info Aron?
    We don't have any special knowledge about the show so if it's not on the internet, it's probably not been decided.  I think 5 being the final season is an assumption a lot of people are making, myself included.  Fair point that it might not be.
    If it's "roughly the same length as Breaking Bad" (which I've read before in articles like the one @Dee pointed out), thern there are 20+ episodes left, or 2 seasons worth of material. Consistently referring to a 5th and final season perpetuates misinformation. Not trying to be a stickler, but that is potentially a lot more story, with multiple time jumps, in 20 eps, as opposed to what we'd get from 10. Then again, given the pacing of BCS, who knows what the fuck we really will get. 
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @hypergenesb I just assumed it was that AMC thing of saying something is one season but splitting it over two years. 

I can’t imagine they have 20 episodes of story left, though. If it’s true there are that many more planned, we are going to see a hell of a lot of montages. 
    NervousRhinohypergenesb
  • Well, it's not like they've advanced the plot much and the season is over.  I expect Kim and Jimmy will be broken up and/or he'll have his law license back as Saul Goodman.  And then that will be next season....
  • Natter CastNatter Cast San Francisco, CA
    edited October 2018
    "It's called a confidence game. Why? Because you give me your confidence? No. Because I give you mine." - House of Games

On the WW lettering: would pay $5 American, cash on the barrel head, if Woodrow Wilson plays a major part in next week's episode.
  • Natter CastNatter Cast San Francisco, CA
    edited October 2018
    Three cheers for Mike Bear Man Trout!

Doctor_NickHatorian
  • edited October 2018
    The whole "split the final season in half and make it two seasons in all but name" thing is definitely AMC and not the Villigang - they did it for the final season of Mad Men, too.

Here's an article on some of the reasons why it happens, if you're interested:
    https://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/why-do-tv-networks-split-seasons.htm
    Murderbear
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    The theme seemed to have started with The Sopranos's final season when they split that in two. 
  • Kela15Kela15 Malta, Europe
    tom_g said:
    Dummy said:
    How did that file clerk not see that scam coming? She must have rocks in her head.

That was a 'Leftovers' joke - right??
    Oh!!! BOOOM! Classic!
  • Too soon.

Kela15 said:
    tom_g said:
    Dummy said:
    How did that file clerk not see that scam coming? She must have rocks in her head.

That was a 'Leftovers' joke - right??
    Oh!!! BOOOM! Classic!

• Three cheers for Mike Bear Man Trout!

Shouldn't it be ear man trout?

This discussion has been closed.