RIP those who died in 2018

1235»

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    RIP John McCain - respected by republicans and democrats alike, he served his country for 60-something years. 
    MichelleCretanBullFreiberg
  • And Neil Simon... 
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Yes, RIP John Mcain. I'm really sad about this one.
    TaraC73
  • Yeah, I remember really liking Biloxi Blues with Matthew Broderick when I was in my Ferris Bueller phase....

akritenbrink said:
    jhpark said:
    And Neil Simon... 
    Oh no! I read so many of his plays in high school. 

• kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    edited August 2018
    The South Pass pigs murdered ERs nurse Wendy(Vanessa Marquez). The pigs said she had a B.B. gun. So they killed her. I used to go to South Pasadena a lot when I was a kid it’s real nice it has a hard side but it’s mostly expensive old homes. The cops there always had a rep for being overbearing. 
    When I saw the article I instantly remembered her from the show. She was the kinda ditzy nurse soft spoken didn’t have a lot of lines. It’s just sad that happened. 
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    dang, Burt Reynolds passed away.
  • Wow, Burt Reynolds.  He seemed immortal, in a way.  I didn't realize he was 82. :(
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Mac Miller with an apparent overdose. Only 26 years old. Don’t listen to too much of his music but I know he’s very popular.
    darwinfeeshy
  • RIP Major Healey
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    fidoz said:
    RIP Major Healey

That's sad. I named a character after Roger in my current novel-in-progress.
    fidoz
  • fidoz said:
    RIP Major Healey
    That’s a tough one.  I loved I Dream of Jeannie growing up.  Man, 91, what an incredible Bill Daily lived.
  • Freiberg said:
    fidoz said:
    RIP Major Healey
    That’s a tough one.  I loved I Dream of Jeannie growing up.  Man, 91, what an incredible Bill Daily lived.
    It was a good ride.
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    “Herschel!”
    how we loved saying that. Rest In Peace, kind soul.
  • MichelleMichelle California
    So sad.  He seemed like he was a very kind, well-liked man.
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited October 2018
    Paul Allen, Microsoft founder and Seattle sports mogul.  

Was reading his obituary and found this:

"n the 1990s, Mr. Allen bought a swatch of land in the South Lake Union neighborhood to help build a Seattle version of Central Park, but the public ultimately voted down the plans. He took those real estate holdings and, through his company, Vulcan, developed South Lake Union into the home of Amazon. Google and other tech companies have been opening offices in that now revitalized neighborhood."

There has to be more to the story here, this doesn't seem like a tradeoff most cities would make nowadays....
  • Stan Lee, at least “Stan The Man” was 95 so that’s a pretty long life. 
  • rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    I got to hear Stan speak at HeroesCon in Charlotte a few years ago, still very passionate about comics.  I was afraid he wouldn't live very long after his wife died a while back.  

Great comic creator, if you didn't believe it he would tell you so himself :b

https://www.cbr.com/stan-lee-obituary/

• MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Aww
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited December 2018
    Laverne (and Shirley) was such a big part of my childhood!

• May not mean much outside of the Los Angeles area, but I'm pretty devastated by today's passing of Chris Burrous. He was the weekend anchor at KTLA and he was by far the best I've ever seen. The guy just lit up the screen. He was so funny and snarky and fussy and would button down and get serious on a dime when it became appropriate. Perfect balance. He made "taking your vegetables" fun, and in a way he made me a healthier person by initiating the 8:30 stretch as part of the show. I actually have an alarm on my phone so I keep it up during the week. He was only 43 and the passing came out of nowhere. He leaves behind a wife and a 9 year old daughter.

It's funny how people who you don't know can really weave their way into your life (*cough, cough* eat your vegetables and drive very safely @Jim and @A_Ron_Hubbard ) . It's silly, I know, but I do feel like I lost a friend today. As Sam Rubin from the station said so perfectly, he was that amazing house guest that you would have over for breakfast every weekend. Fact of it is, he made my life more fun while at the same time being someone who I trusted to keep me informed on the world. He made me laugh in a way that the news never had and possibly never will again. Simply, he was the best there was, and by all accounts a hell of a guy. RIP.
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    @Travis I didn’t know who he was. I seldom watch morning local news. I did see them talking about him on KTLA this morning. I know what your sayin about them weaving into our lives. I watched when Hal Fishman was the main guy there. I think of that station as some what iconic here in LA. My first job was a couple blocks from there building. It was right off the Freeway at the Sunset exit. You knew you were in Hollywood when you exited there. So it was kinda like a small version of the Hollywood sign.
    Travis
  • I didn't see this clip happen, but they've referenced it a lot today and it's such a perfect example of what made him so great. He was just a fun guy to watch, but he also (not seen here) was a great anchor when things were more serious too. It's so perfectly Burrous.

This discussion has been closed.