804 - Could it be...Satan?

2»

Comments

• Michelle said:
    KingKobra said:
    Michelle said:
    Were those Twisty the Clown heads at each end of the chain that Michael was wearing in that final scene??????
    They looked like Devil/Demon heads when I went back and rewatched that scene. 
    I decided to screen shot, zoom in, and then screen shot *that*.  It’s a bit blurry, but here it is:

I think it for sure is a depiction of the Devil with two horns. The snakes (serpents) are often used in Devil imagery. 
    Michelle
  • Michelle said:
    Any speculation as to what the building was that stood above ground, above the Outpost?  It can’t be the murder house, there’s no streets/sidewalks/neighboring homes.  Was it the Roanoke house?  Do we for sure know what state the Outpost is in?

The surrounding hills and treelines definitely looked similar. Story and timeline-wise it might not make sense, but would be a cool connection.

I think the Roanoke set was built in the hills outside LA, so maybe it was just that they had access to the area and some room to build the swirl/sculpture thing

• This is my first time posting on here, so don’t make fun of me. 
    This was a really good episode, I feel like I’m just waiting for things to happen. I get that it’s early but I feel like they could have trimmed all the fat in the first two episodes. Like why did we have to care about the teenagers. Unless everyone in the outpost is a witch or warlock which I think is what’s going to happen. And why did we even have Venable? I think they’re just trying to get people enticed with witches to keep watching, even tho nothing is happening.
    Also the year is confirmed when the two teenagers looked on Langdons laptop the date the emails were sent was October 2021. Which still doesn’t line up with the season 5 ending in 2022. But I guess details don’t matter. 
    Also since the world ended & they aren’t going to revisit the apocalypse I think it’s pretty much confirmed that the next seasons will take place in the past.... oof 
    cdriveMichellealina_mac
  • redlancerredlancer Seattle
    edited October 2018

This was a really good episode, I just feel like I’m just waiting for things to happen. I get that it’s early but I feel like they could have trimmed all the fat in the first two episodes. Like why did we have to care about the teenagers. And why did we even have Venable? I think they’re just trying to get people enticed with witches to keep watching, even tho nothing is happening.

My guess is that will all come back into play at some point. That was an awful lot of set up both story-wise and just the logistics of filming to throw it all out and essentially start the season at episode 4
    Michelle
  • OK - so we know The Supreme can resurrect the dead. They established that in Coven. However . . . she did so by bringing their physical bodies back to life. Same as Misty May did, same as Cordelia did last week with Coco, Mallory and Dinah.

So  . . . what exactly did Michael do for Queenie and Mallory? He did not resurrect their dead bodies, he simply freed their ghosts from their respective hells. Did he also make them corporeal?

It's interesting that warlocks are supposed to be less powerful than witches, because the tests they gave Michael showed significantly greater powers than the test of the "seven wonders." I don't remember any of the witches in Coven ever having the power to teleport/vaporate. Or change the weather. I know Michael is supposed to be the "alpha" but even the headmasters said they could each do some of these powers themselves. I'm not seeing the warlocks as being distinctly less powerful here.
    Michellealina_mac
  • Michelle said:
    Any speculation as to what the building was that stood above ground, above the Outpost? 
    They said all that was left of the original school was the garden statue, so I guess that's what it was. An ugly ass statue, but there you go.
    Michelle
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Michelle said:
    Any speculation as to what the building was that stood above ground, above the Outpost? 
    They said all that was left of the original school was the garden statue, so I guess that's what it was. An ugly ass statue, but there you go.
    Yeah, I did a rewatch this morning and caught that.  Thanks!
    I've been thinking - Adina Porter (Dinah Stevens) and Billy Porter (Mr. Chablis) look an awful lot alike.  They must be related somehow.  Did anyone else think so?
    alina_mac
    KingKobra said:
    I think it for sure is a depiction of the Devil with two horns. The snakes (serpents) are often used in Devil imagery. 
    That makes sense considering the horned skulls and the snakes in the opening sequence.
    KingKobra
  • Jamie91Jamie91 Pennsylvania
    Let it not be mistaken, that Murphy and co. honored the messy chronology between all the seasons, plot holes, and dead-end storylines. I am quite impressed how Hotel's treatment of Queenie, Madison in Hell, and the Coven mythology was fleshed out. This episode felt mind-bending to me as I watched it. AND DARE I SAY IT, I also wouldn't mind if Seasons 9 and 10 were interconnected as well. It looks like this season is shaping up to be a good vs evil fight to the death and I am here for it. However, some concerns and things that MUST happen:

1.I can't deal with another clumsy season where the theme is gender/ identity politics. It's getting tired now on the show. The whole Voodoo= black, Warlock= gay man, Witch= white girl...it's a little..simple for me.

2. I also will not be okay if Ms. Venable and Timothy and Emily do not reappear again. They must! Otherwise, it would be the most unforgivable bad writing the show has done. I mean worse than Chloe Sevigny wanting to be a Victorian vampire child-wrangler. I think Venabble will be seen again though. I see her appearing in the timeline leading up to the blast.

3. MICHEL ALSO MUST BE DEFEATED...BUT IN A CLEVER WAY.
    alina_mac
  • April_May_JuneApril_May_June California
    edited October 2018
    I was so excited to see H.H.Holmes Evan Peters again!  (I can't remember his character's name, I just always thought of him as H.H.Holmes Evan Peters, lol)
    I'd forgotten how great he was, and he is definitely my favorite version of Evan Peters!  :)
    Michelle
  • "Hell yeah... I'm a devil mama!"

I'm glad they explained that the base used to be a school for warlocks (I guess this explains the infinite candles), and gave some background on the new characters. As a non-fan of AHS expecting this season to be a self-contained story, I'm finding it a little frustrating how much it seems to be relying on references to past seasons.
    Because I love 'researching' all the little things that get mentioned in these episodes, I couldn't help but to search the net for Galatoire's.  This is the restaurant that, after finding out that they have to fly out for the council meeting, Myrtle says she had made reservations at - "Airline food for lunch when I made reservations at Galatoire's.  It's just too cruel."

Their menu sounds delicious!
    http://www.galatoires.com/
    http://www.galatoires.com/uploads/files/07242018209MENU.pdf
    telephoneofmadnessalina_mac
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Mmmm maybe Michael killed all the Warlocks either prior or as part of the Apocalypse?? 

The warlocks were awesome - BD Wong, the return of Cheyenne Jackson, Billy Porter from Pose, Jon Jon Briones from Gianni Versace Story - what a bad ass crew!

These last two episodes have been simply amazing.  Harry Potter eat your heart out.
    MichelleKingKobratelephoneofmadnessalina_macNervousRhino
  • Hoping the pancakes didn’t die our hosts in this AM. 
    alina_macMichelle
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Found this on Reddit and had to share.  Not exactly a horror-inducing photo of the anti-christ:

alina_macElisaMichellexulsolar22
  • alina_macalina_mac Akron, Ohio
    @rickfurd23 I came here to say the same thing! This episode was so gripping - I can't wait for the next episode. I almost want to take back what I said around episode 2 or 3 of this season, that the bunker characters were boring, but they were! Why did we spend so much time with them, Ms Venable and the teenagers, if they didn't matter! But, yeah, now I'm totally hooked! 
    ElisaMichelleNervousRhinorickfurd23
  • alina_macalina_mac Akron, Ohio
    edited October 2018
    @TBINKANSAS I also wondered that: "Were the witches able to teleport???" Did I just not remember an important part?

@Cecily Michael says during his ritual after being confronted with Mallory that he thought he killed all the witches. And now we know he had met Emma Roberts, Cordelia, and Myrtle and knew they were witches in the past, so he must have killed them in that gap in time. How did they get brought back if they're the last three witches outside of the bunker witches?? So excited for answers in the coming episodes. 
    ElisaMichelle
  • I didn’t catch this episode until last night. That was amazing! It definitely changes my opinion of the season.  

I loved the hotel scenes and the demonstration of Michaels powers. Now there is a whole lot of backstory on both sides I can’t wait to see them fill in. 
    ElisaKingKobraalina_mac
  • I was so excited to see H.H.Holmes Evan Peters again!  (I can't remember his character's name, I just always thought of him as H.H.Holmes Evan Peters, lol)
    I'd forgotten how great he was, and he is definitely my favorite version of Evan Peters!  :)
    James March. I remembered "March" but had to look up the first name. I agree March is probably my favorite Evan Peters role - he just relished chewing the scenery in that one.
  • So now that we've seen Michael can pull the dead out of their respective Hell's with seemingly no effort, does that mean in the Murderhouse episode it will show him pulling his 'Dad' out? Aka Tate Langdon/rubberman?

That would explain why if it's Tate in the suit he's able to appear at the outpost and no longer trapped. Michael using Tate to terrorize & manipulate the people there would make sense.
This discussion has been closed.