4.10 Winner (Season Finale)

Comments

• I did not like the use of Lalo this episode. The ceiling thing was dumb, riding solo, killing someone, crashing into cars when he has no idea what’s going on just makes him look like someone not that smart and who would have never made this far without dying or getting locked up. 

I still liked the episode. I just looked forward to this guy joining the show and it feels like they are writing him all wrong. 
    Dummyjohnnytruant
  • What happened to the instant take?
    R.mhagan1
  • I loved this episode. It evoked many different emotions and the way they told the story of Jimmy's final turn to Saul with the use of the opening scene, with the cemetery/library scenes, and with that girl who worked with the elderly just like him was just great.  And the final scene was heart wrenching and amazing all at once.  Can't wait for Season 5.
    Anominal
  • I thought this episode was awesome and tied a nice bow on the season. Those saying that it was weird that Lalo was following mike even though he didn’t know him— that’s kind of the point, Mike is an unknown/wildcard to Lalo so he’s obviously going to do some digging. 
    Anominal
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    LarryMay said:
    What happened to the instant take?
    A.Ron was traveling so they couldn't do it.
    R.
  • The shot of Mike and Werner’s silhouettes against the magnificent New Mexico Sky was awesome. 
    gguenotMurderbearMichelleR.wasiMelonusk
  • JamesJames southern California
    I did not like the use of Lalo this episode. The ceiling thing was dumb, riding solo, killing someone, crashing into cars when he has no idea what’s going on just makes him look like someone not that smart and who would have never made this far without dying or getting locked up. 

I still liked the episode. I just looked forward to this guy joining the show and it feels like they are writing him all wrong. 
    I agree that the ceiling thing seemed weird, but it was a quick way to get him behind the glass barrier when the clerk was already suspicious.

As I was watching I thought that, while Lalo is arguably the "clever" member of the Salamanca family, that's not a high bar to clear. He's clearly in Gus' cross-hairs -- just someone to play against until Tuco gets out of jail...

I'm just stuck on Kim's devastated look as she got her first good look at Saul Goodman. I kinda feel like a reunion with Gene at the end of next season just fell off the table.
    NervousRhinoR.
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    James said:
    I'm just stuck on Kim's devastated look as she got her first good look at Saul Goodman. I kinda feel like a reunion with Gene at the end of next season just fell off the table.
    Yeah, that shot of her just standing there as the camera goes down the hallway was brutal. I don't think this closes the door on Kim and Gene though. I do think it probably closes the door on the "Kim is the Wizard behind Saul" theory though. She does love him. And maybe after not talking for a few years during the BB era, she will be open to coming to the aid of ol Jimmy one more time.
    Doctor_Nick
  • It was a nice bait and switch to have the Jimmy/Chuck scene at the beginning to make you believe there was a relationship that we either forgot or didn't quite see to that extent once the timeline of the show had begun.  

Makes you think at the end....maybe Jimmy really is coming to grips with Chuck's death....but then...NOPE...
  • This show is not normally guilty for a lack of realistic dialogue between characters, but I do find it odd that Jimmy never brings up his last conversation with Chuck to Kim. Even Odenkirk brings this up in interviews that Kim doesn't know about the last conversation with Chuck. If he had, I feel like Kim might be a little more understanding of his inability to properly cope with it. 
  • Natter CastNatter Cast San Francisco, CA
    edited October 2018
    Esto otoño, Lalo ES ... El  Araño Liquido

• They’re good at making us kinda gloss over Jimmy’s problem behavior, like they did with Walt.  That guff Jimmy fed the applicant, Esposito - clearly bunkum. Jimmy is proof of that. The copier sales people were going to give him a chance because of his patter even though they saw a giant red flag on his resume. More impressively, Jimmy (w/Chuck) did the work on Sandpiper Crossing and was full cocobolo at Schweikert and Coakley. Jimmy's bad choices got him where he is now. 
  • R.R. San Jose
    edited October 2018
    James said:
    I did not like the use of Lalo this episode. The ceiling thing was dumb, riding solo, killing someone, crashing into cars when he has no idea what’s going on just makes him look like someone not that smart and who would have never made this far without dying or getting locked up. 

I agree that the ceiling thing seemed weird, but it was a quick way to get him behind the glass barrier when the clerk was already suspicious.

As I was watching I thought that, while Lalo is arguably the "clever" member of the Salamanca family, that's not a high bar to clear. He's clearly in Gus' cross-hairs -- just someone to play against until Tuco gets out of jail...

I too could get past the ceiling even if a little strange.  My issue was the chewing gum scene at the parking pay kiosk.
    It may not have been as much “action” but I would’ve rather seen him pull up, bumper to bumper and simply push him through the gate at the outset, right after Mike took off.  Then that still taking time to give Mike a headstart, show him guessing a turn wrong and losing Mike.  I mean why wait 3 minutes doing nothing and THEN smash up everything?  I doubt Lalo was going to stop to pay even if the box was working!
    NervousRhino
  • R.R. San Jose
    Funny how you appreciate things even more when you don’t have them!
    LarryMay said:
    What happened to the instant take?
    A.Ron was traveling so they couldn't do it.

• DeeDee Adelaide
    They’re good at making us kinda gloss over Jimmy’s problem behavior, like they did with Walt.  That guff Jimmy fed the applicant, Esposito - clearly bunkum. Jimmy is proof of that. The copier sales people were going to give him a chance because of his patter even though they saw a giant red flag on his resume. More impressively, Jimmy (w/Chuck) did the work on Sandpiper Crossing and was full cocobolo at Schweikert and Coakley. Jimmy's bad choices got him where he is now. 
    But in Jimmy’s mind he has always been the victim. 
    Aww_PHuuCk
  • Natter CastNatter Cast San Francisco, CA
    Dee said:But in Jimmy’s mind he has always been the victim. 
    AND he likes beer. At this point he's a shoo-in for the Supreme Court.
    JoshTheBlack
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited October 2018
    I’m not even sure why Lalo even bothered to tell you the truth. It was obvious he was completely blown at the parking lot. He should have been passing Mike off to someone else anyway. 

R. said:
    James said:

I too could get past the ceiling even if a little strange.  My issue was the chewing gum scene at the parking pay kiosk.
    It may not have been as much “action” but I would’ve rather seen him pull up, bumper to bumper and simply push him through the gate at the outset, right after Mike took off.  Then that still taking time to give Mike a headstart, show him guessing a turn wrong and losing Mike.  I mean why wait 3 minutes doing nothing and THEN smash up everything?  I doubt Lalo was going to stop to pay even if the box was working!

NervousRhino
  • AnominalAnominal San Francisco Bay Area
    edited October 2018
    Dee said:
    They’re good at making us kinda gloss over Jimmy’s problem behavior, like they did with Walt.  That guff Jimmy fed the applicant, Esposito - clearly bunkum. Jimmy is proof of that. The copier sales people were going to give him a chance because of his patter even though they saw a giant red flag on his resume. More impressively, Jimmy (w/Chuck) did the work on Sandpiper Crossing and was full cocobolo at Schweikert and Coakley. Jimmy's bad choices got him where he is now. 
    But in Jimmy’s mind he has always been the victim. 
    He's always been the victim (in his mind) with a chance of overcoming. A chance to be accepted at HH&M and become one of them. A chance to have the respect among his peers. But now he realizes he needs to crush them and get to the 50th floor and look down on everyone, because they'll never give him a chance, so he should stop giving them a chance.
  • @Doctor_Nick  Thank you!

Not much he did made any sense to me. It was all dumb luck he figured anything important out. He had no idea what was even going on but he was killing people and crashing into cars in broad daylight with witnesses all over and for what? He didn’t even know if it was that important. WHY was he doing this solo anyways? 

• He was accepted at Schweikert's firm.  A healthy reaction to Fuck Chuck would have been to show how kickass Jimmy would be at Schweikert's firm, rather than proving Chuck right by being erratic as hell.

Anominal said:

He's always been the victim (in his mind) with a chance of overcoming. A chance to be accepted at HH&M and become one of them. A chance to have the respect among his peers. But now he realizes he needs to crush them and get to the 50th floor and look down on everyone, because they'll never give him a chance, so he should stop giving them a chance.

• HunkuleseHunkulese Québec, Canada
    jleav382 said:
    This show is not normally guilty for a lack of realistic dialogue between characters, but I do find it odd that Jimmy never brings up his last conversation with Chuck to Kim. Even Odenkirk brings this up in interviews that Kim doesn't know about the last conversation with Chuck. If he had, I feel like Kim might be a little more understanding of his inability to properly cope with it. 
    I would have found it extremely unrealistic for the character Jimmy to bring up the fact that his brother told him that he never mattered to him and that he was going to end up hurting everyone in his life right before he burned himself alive. When has he opened up and had a real conversation about anything with anyone? The closest he's come to that was yelling at Kim for not wanting an office with him last episode.
    Anominal
    edited October 2018
    I still think Walt is a way better person than Jimmy. There's almost nothing redeeming about Jimmy except he's charming. I thought what Jimmy did to Irene was worse than anything Walt ever did because it was a 100% selfish act against a 100% innocent victim. Say what you will about Walk, but I do think he truly believed his actions were to help his family and/or Jesse.

In my eyes, Jimmy did absolutely nothing this season to redeem himself in the slightest.
  • Hunkulese said:
    I still think Walt is a way better person than Jimmy. There's almost nothing redeeming about Jimmy except he's charming. I thought what Jimmy did to Irene was worse than anything Walt ever did because it was a 100% selfish act against a 100% innocent victim. Say what you will about Walk, but I do think he truly believed his actions were to help his family and/or Jesse.

In my eyes, Jimmy did absolutely nothing this season to redeem himself in the slightest.
    Hunkulese said:

Uh, Walt straight up killed people
    DeeNatter CastgguenotMurderbearUnderwoodblacksunrise7
    edited October 2018
    Hunkulese said:

Hunkulese said:

Walt's definitely not a good guy, but everyone he killed either had it coming or deserved it to some extent with the exception of Gale if you want to pin that on him. And nothing Walt did was consciously for selfish reasons.

Jimmy also tries to convince Walt and Jesse to order a hit on Badger.
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited October 2018
    Well, poisoning Brock was awful. And he could have just taken the Grey Matter money and swallowed his pride instead of deciding he needed to set his family up for life on the back of the Meth trade. 

Hunkulese said:
    Hunkulese said:

Hunkulese said:

Walt's definitely not a good guy, but everyone he killed either had it coming or deserved it to some extent with the exception of Gale if you want to pin that on him. And nothing Walt did was consciously for selfish reasons.

gguenotCindyMelonusk
    Well, poisoning Brock was awful. And he could have just taken the Grey Matter money and swallowed his pride instead of deciding he needed to set his family up for life on the back of the Meth trade. 

Hunkulese said:
    Hunkulese said:

Hunkulese said:

Poisoning Brock was awful, but Walt knows his shit and was pretty sure Brock would be fine. He also did it to save Jesse from Gus. He could have taken the money, but the show probably wouldn't have lasted for 5 seasons.

I'm not saying Walt wasn't awful since he is defined by his actions, but he at least in his own head, his actions were necessary. Jimmy's garbage is 100% selfish.
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    Hunkulese said:

I'm not saying Walt wasn't awful since he is defined by his actions, but he at least in his own head, his actions were necessary. 
    Except they weren't. Remember when he admitted to Skyler finally that he did it because he liked it? It was always about Walt's pride, never about the family.
    DeeCindyAnominalMelonusk
    Frakkin T said:
    Hunkulese said:

I'm not saying Walt wasn't awful since he is defined by his actions, but he at least in his own head, his actions were necessary. 
    Except they weren't. Remember when he admitted to Skyler finally that he did it because he liked it? It was always about Walt's pride, never about the family.
    That's part of what makes Walt a fascinating character. He didn't come to that realization until everything came crashing down.
  • Hunkulese said:
    Frakkin T said:
    Hunkulese said:

That's part of what makes Walt a fascinating character. He didn't come to that realization until everything came crashing down.
    Goal post move. Fascinating =/= good 
    Dee
    edited October 2018
    gguenot said:
    Hunkulese said:
    Frakkin T said:
    Hunkulese said:

Goal post move. Fascinating =/= good 
    I never said Walt was a good guy. He just had far more redeeming qualities than Jimmy who is pretty much 100% selfish dirtbag. Walt has a ton more layers and dimensions to discuss than Jimmy.

You can disagree with me about Walt and that's fine. But you have to at least admit there's an argument there to have. What's the argument for Jimmy not being about Jimmy and only Jimmy?