901 - A New Beginning

2»

Comments

• edited October 2018
    So I don't remember exactly when I finally binged through Black Sails but was Zach McGowan (Charles Vane from Black Sails) on last season?  They need to actually create a substantial role for him to play because he was awesome in Black Sails.  I haven't really seen him in anything else but he did extremely well in Black Sails and can act the hell out being a very intimidating person.

Image result for charles vane picture
  • So I don't remember exactly when I finally binged through Black Sails but was Zach McGowan (Charles Vane from Black Sails) on last season?  They need to actually create a substantial role for him to play because he was awesome in Black Sails.  I haven't really seen him in anything else but he did extremely well in Black Sails and can act the hell out being a very intimidating person.

Image result for charles vane picture
    Agree on Black Sails. He was also great in Shameless for a couple of years as a dude named Jody. How he isn’t committing career suicide with TWD.
  • I’d bet my “small” life savings he’s one of the “save us saviour” guys and will play a minor bad guy role this season. 
    awookiee
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Finally watched this episode yesterday. I can't believe no one mentioned the zombie with the spider in its mouth! I actually loved that. It seems so basic but I don't know if I've ever actually seen that before.

Also, okay, for the plow, I get it I guess. But you concocted this whole stupid plan of rolling this old rickety ass wagon out of the museum over glass and walkers because no one could build a damn wagon?? You're telling me you guys know how to build a bridge but you can't figure out how to build a wagon? Dumb
    telephoneofmadnessDeek_Fasay
  • russkellyrusskelly Indianapolis
    They should have named this episode ANUSTART
    telephoneofmadness
  • mtron32mtron32 San Diego
    DrKen said:
    Full disclosure...I gave up after about 10 minutes.  Watching the Texans/Cowboys.

I'll watch it later.  

Fuller disclosure...if the guys were doing a podcast, I'd be watching it now.  Makes me realize it was more like a job so I could enjoy the BM 'cast.
    I really miss the cast, that was the best part of TWD 
    Murderbear
  • Hatorian said:
    I’d bet my “small” life savings he’s one of the “save us saviour” guys and will play a minor bad guy role this season. 
    I'd say you nailed this on the head.  I figured as much as I didn't really see him playing a good guy but props to you for calling that and that showing up after just 1 episode.
    Hatorian
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited October 2018
    Finally watched this episode yesterday. I can't believe no one mentioned the zombie with the spider in its mouth! I actually loved that. It seems so basic but I don't know if I've ever actually seen that before.

That was my favorite part, because he was more scared of the spiders than the zombie. Kind of fits in with what they're trying to do - the challenge is rebuilding society, with occasional zombie annoyances that are just part of life now. But people have always been creeped out by spiders, regardless of the status of the apocalypse.
  • michielterlouwmichielterlouw Helsinki
    edited October 2018
    Okay episode.

But the writing is still silly at times. Like, what kind of glass floor in a museum would crack under the weight of a wooden wagon? It's in the middle of a museum: that floor was designed to withstand the weight of two hundred people. You could probably drive a tank over there and nothing would happen. The impact of a rotting zombie falling down from 7 meters up is not going to change any of that.

And then when the wagon gets stuck in the mud... you're going to pull it out with men power rather than horse power. Laughable. A horse is stronger than 10 rick grimes, even if it's a bit tired. And why do they panic when a small-ish group of walkers arrive? If our group of bad-asses simply work together for 2 minutes, they can safely clear out those zombies. You know, like they do AFTER the kid has been bitten. But no... first they abandon the goods (and a horse) and let the kid get bitten, and THEN they decide to simply take out all the walkers.
    telephoneofmadnessMurderbear
  • Erik Kain always writes good reviews.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2018/10/07/the-walking-dead-season-9-episode-1-review-a-new-beginning/

He says he has seen the first 3 episodes, and that number 1 is the worst and number 3 is the best out of those. The only way is up, folks.
    Kela15telephoneofmadness
  • Finally watched this episode yesterday. I can't believe no one mentioned the zombie with the spider in its mouth! I actually loved that. It seems so basic but I don't know if I've ever actually seen that before.

Also, okay, for the plow, I get it I guess. But you concocted this whole stupid plan of rolling this old rickety ass wagon out of the museum over glass and walkers because no one could build a damn wagon?? You're telling me you guys know how to build a bridge but you can't figure out how to build a wagon? Dumb
    I was thinking the same thing when I saw the episode.  What's even funnier is that in the scene where they are leaving the museum you see another wagon that obviously appears to be built from old car parts (car tires, etc.).  

So it seems like they know how to build wagons from the stuff available in the world around them.  That just makes them taking the risk to pull out an old pioneer era wagon even more of a pointless risk. 
    Murderbear