4.10 Winner (Season Finale)

124»

Comments

• Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited October 2018
    After Gus's experience with Werner, and what he does to Nacho to get him high in the Salamancas, does it really make sense anymore that he spares Walter White after Jesse shoots Gail?  If he's willing to take a years long delay on a big project, I think he kills Walt out of principle because Gail was his loyal guy, Walt is a loose cannon and Jesse will be easier to control.  He kills Walter and feeds him to some pigs, puts Jesse in his own Gus style chain and shackles and trots him from where the Germans were living to the lab to cook until he can find someone to replace him.
    Dee
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited October 2018
    Listened to the wrap up and I think the last season will be a healthy dose of Gene. 

I wonder what they will do with Lalo. It’s clear Saul thinks he’s alive as of BBs2 timeline but Gus clearly days the salmanoca name dies with Hector in BB season 4. So obviously there will be interaction with Lalo and Saul next season but it would be hard to convince the audience Lalo is alive in the Gene timeline. 

Initially I thought maybe Lalo might be an antagonist in the Gene timeline but that doesn’t seem possible with what Gus said. 

Theres got to be a connection to Gene in Ohama and Kim’s hometown. I’m 99.9% sure she doesn’t die before the Gene timeline. I wouldn’t be surprised if the ending of the series is Kim walking into the Cinnabon and seeing Gene and then cut to black. 
  • After Gus's experience with Werner, and what he does to Nacho to get him high in the Salamancas, does it really make sense anymore that he spares Walter White after Jesse shoots Gail?  If he's willing to take a years long delay on a big project, I think he kills Walt out of principle because Gail was his loyal guy, Walt is a loose cannon and Jesse will be easier to control.  He kills Walter and feeds him to some pigs, puts Jesse in his own Gus style chain and shackles and trots him from where the Germans were living to the lab to cook until he can find someone to replace him.
    "You need at least sixteen pigs to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm. They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute. Hence the expression, "as greedy as a pig."
    HatorianDoctor_Nickbazjenster
  • After Gus's experience with Werner, and what he does to Nacho to get him high in the Salamancas, does it really make sense anymore that he spares Walter White after Jesse shoots Gail?  If he's willing to take a years long delay on a big project, I think he kills Walt out of principle because Gail was his loyal guy, Walt is a loose cannon and Jesse will be easier to control.  He kills Walter and feeds him to some pigs, puts Jesse in his own Gus style chain and shackles and trots him from where the Germans were living to the lab to cook until he can find someone to replace him.
    "You need at least sixteen pigs to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm. They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute. Hence the expression, "as greedy as a pig."
    Nice Snatch reference!
    letrbuck2006bazjenster
  • Hatorian said:
    After Gus's experience with Werner, and what he does to Nacho to get him high in the Salamancas, does it really make sense anymore that he spares Walter White after Jesse shoots Gail?  If he's willing to take a years long delay on a big project, I think he kills Walt out of principle because Gail was his loyal guy, Walt is a loose cannon and Jesse will be easier to control.  He kills Walter and feeds him to some pigs, puts Jesse in his own Gus style chain and shackles and trots him from where the Germans were living to the lab to cook until he can find someone to replace him.
    Nice Snatch reference!
    I read the entire post but all I focused on was the mention of a pig farm.  Anytime anybody says anything about a pig farm I immediately think of Brick Top.
    bazjenster
  • Natter CastNatter Cast San Francisco, CA
    Welcome to the Albuquerque open world role-playing game. Pick your character class:

1) Sociopath
    2) Mineral enthusiast

Have fun!

• edited October 2018
    I just don’t understand the guys take on this season.  It’s not the straight action of Breaking Bad, but the action of watching these characters figure out their emotions and to see where they go is riveting to me.

Breaking Bad is my favorite show and I’ve watched it through at least 10 times.  I was watching it this week through the blurred lens of Jim and ARon’s analysis of BCS and there are many of the same “issues”.  I was also listening to some of the old BB Insider Podcasts, and Vince did not have a clear view of the whole show just like Gould now.  When they made season five, they didn’t even know how the flash forward opening with the machine gun and Walt taking the ricin would turn out.  

Maybe it’s just a product of watching too many shows and podcasting too much, but their takes are really weak this year.  I can see not liking certain parts of a show and that’s a personal choice. Where they get into trouble is when they try to justify their views for 10 minutes based on weak and often wrong facts.  Just say you don’t like a scene and move on.
  • It's a lot easier to make something cool when you're not hemmed in by anything that has gone before. See also Star Wars.
    Dnowelsh said:
     I was also listening to some of the old BB Insider Podcasts, and Vince did not have a clear view of the whole show just like Gould now.  When they made season five, they didn’t even no how the flash forward opening with the machine gun and Walt taking the ricin would turn out.  

• Just finished listening to the wrap up and wanted to confirm that Mike was a sniper in Vietnam - he discussed this with ABQs favourite unlicensed-arms dealer (DB Cooper from Justified) when buying a rifle to kill Hector at the end of season 2.
    Doctor_NickMurderbear
  • edited November 2018
    I just finished this season, so I hadn't been following the weekly podcast, but, listening to the wrap-up, I'm kind of baffled by the negativity.  As someone who's personally been bitching about Jimmy dragging his heels, narratively, for the last four seasons when I've just wanted to see him become Saul already, the finale of this show personally left me feeling very satisfied about his arc and now his complete embrace of amoralism.  I think it's been paced really well, and a lot of the so-called "saggy middle" of this season was really more about Kim, in my opinion, leading up to the finale where her flirtations with his cons left him starkly revealed to her for what he's become. 

The show is really effectively juggling three intriguing storylines between that, Gus's gradual machinations to ascend over the Salamancas and the cartel, and Mike's coincident decline into a pretty irredeemable criminal who seems to justify himself with some kind of self-righteous code (killing Werner was a huge shift in his character, but he seemed able to just shrug it off because Werner's actions were so irredeemably stupid and compromising).  The one story that doesn't seem to be as well paced or interesting is Nacho's role, but I have some faith that he will be the narrative thread between the other three. 

Basically, in listening to the wrap-up, it seems to me like Jim and Aron are still (or again) getting hung up on what they think this show should be instead of appreciating what it is.  Aron's speculation that season 5 could become a procedural of wacky Saul adventures was particularly bizarre.  Opinions vary, but to me this season was way more compelling than the Jimmy/Chuck stuff that was beginning to feel really repetitive. 

Sorry to revive a somewhat dead topic, engage in criticism, or reiterate points that have already been made.
    MurderbearGarthgou81
    I feel like, after watching BCS, I better understand how Gus has a long-term plan in the background of BB to get revenge on Don Eladio, and Jesse was obviously a critical piece of that puzzle.  He wouldn't have gotten that big celebratory invite to Eladio's if he didn't have an apprentice cook to gift.  Offing Walt and de-railing his own operation right as he's about to make a major move against the cartel would sabotage his own decades-long plan for revenge against Eladio and Salamanca, so I think he chose personal motives over prudence and, ultimately, paid for it.