Making A Murderer - Season 2

2»

Comments

• FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    We watched the first two last night. Uh.. "brain fingerprinting"? What the fuck is this bullshit?

I did a little poking around. The guy who conducts the test with Avery is Dr. Larry Farwell - the inventor of Brain Fingerprinting. Only Dr. Farwell and his company are permitted to conduct this testing. In studies published by Dr. Farwell, he routinely cites twice as many participants than actually participated. Each person is usually tested twice once as a guilty or knowing individual and once as an innocent or unknowing individual. Dr. Farwell counts each test as a separate participant, presumably to inflate his N for the study.

Dr. Farwell published a review of his own studies in 2012. The link below is a published response/comment on this review.

I'm more swayed by Ms. Zellner's assessment of Avery's innocence than by the results of this "fingerprint".
    BrandonTheBardCretanBullskinnerboxed
  • I'm only through the first two episodes. My impression has been that a number of people involved in the prosecution are corrupt. I don't put it above them to plant evidence or lie about evidence. Many of them are pieces of garbage, and remind me of the type of people in the good old boys network who do what they want to get what they want. 

I don't know if Steven is guilty or not, but I think the justice system there is a complete travesty. 
This discussion has been closed.