905 - What Comes After

Comments

• MichelleMichelle California
    I actually really dug this move! Kang has made it interesting again. I don’t know how, but these fuckers have managed to pull me back in. This may not be a popular opinion, but I’m excited to see where this goes! Show, movies and all.
    I'm with you!  I really liked it.
    blue_sleeveTaraC73stephen.jones44rhcoop
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited November 2018
    @Murderbear
    I’m telling you man, going into the last 5 minutes I thought “wow they’re actually going to pull this off” and they pulled the wool over our eyes yet again! I can’t fucking believe I bought into their bullshit again!
  • That whole episode annoyed the hell out me! They were doing so much better, I’m so disappointed. 
    Pangs
  • Michelle said:
    I actually really dug this move! Kang has made it interesting again. I don’t know how, but these fuckers have managed to pull me back in. This may not be a popular opinion, but I’m excited to see where this goes! Show, movies and all.
    I need to hear A.Ron’s take on this. Hoping for a revisit on the podcast, even if it’s only periodically.
    Deek_Fasay
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    Nerd Rage! I was going to start watching again I was happy with Rick dying. I thought we crossed the bridge. I was willing to forgive and forget.  Now I only have hate in my heart. Bitter black bile!
    TaraC73
  • Michelle said:
    gguenot said:
    What’s this I hear about 3 telepics green lit by AMC featuring Andy Lincoln as Rick Grimes and written by Gimple?
    Did Gimple say they were going to be written by him?  If so, I missed that part.
    Oh God, I hope not.
    Michelle
  • I actually really dug this move! Kang has made it interesting again. I don’t know how, but these fuckers have managed to pull me back in. This may not be a popular opinion, but I’m excited to see where this goes! Show, movies and all.

Same here, shockingly
    blue_sleeveMichelleamhatch
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited November 2018
    Edit: never mind.

TaraC73
  • Weeks in which TWD has not devolved into a complete dumpster fire: Back to 0! Try again next time! Fuck Everything!
    NervousRhinoMarci
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    I like that it's been six years and everyone has changed up their look and Daryl is just like, nah, disgusting greaseball is still my thing. I want to look exactly the same.
    TaraC73Kela15
    edited November 2018
    The end of Rick Grimes should not mean “the end until he comes back in some half assed made for TV movie”. It would be one thing to write out a tertiary character like that but the main protagonist?!
  • Honestly, what the fuck was that? Rick didn’t die. This is worse than the Glenn fiasco. Talk about Grade A horseshit from Gimple and company. Keeping the character a live so maybe you can cash in down the line. If you still watch the show after this, please reconsider.
  • Welp, alright TWD if you’re really gonna make Daryl Dixon and this 8 year old the leads now then I expect you to drop all pretenses of being a serious drama and just lean all into the silliness because that’s what you are now. You’re slightly larger budget Z-Nation schlock and don’t pretend like you’re not after the stunt you just pulled tonight. I wanna see this show get as ridiculous as possible over the next three episodes because fuck any sort of coherent narrative. You’ve done it AMC, you’ve finally broken me, I just want that sweet zombie carnage now. 
    edited November 2018
    I don’t want character arcs, I don’t want heart to hearts, I don’t want touching moments of any kind because I accept now that you’ll never pay off on them in any form of satisfying way so just give me the silliness. That’s all I’m asking from you for the remaining three episodes, just make them entertaining. 
  • Just have to say this again....What a load bullshit that episode was. 
    GiovanniNervousRhino
  • I see Rick Grimes is leaving the show so I pour some out. Then I see that they plan on making TV movies (plural indeed) with his character. Uh....

MurderbearMarci
  • Haha, I called that he'd wind up in a helicopter. I thought someone had to get on that helicopter/chekovs gun. What better way to tease people for the next several years that Rick might be coming back. 

Not sure how this story works with Judith as the lead. If they got a bad child actor this thing could go downhill at the speed of an avalanche.
    russkellytelephoneofmadness
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    I don’t know what to say, honestly... I didn’t hate it. <span>:confounded:</span>
    Michellerusskelly
  • Okay, I have not watched one episode this season, but tuned in for this one as I have a soft spot for Andy Lincoln and this was his farewell.

I don’t know what the prior 4 episodes were like, but this is bad TV.

Bad, Scott Gimple TV.

I’m out.
    JTKIIIPangsgesualdo
  • edited November 2018
    3 meta observations...

1- Rick wishing he had been killed instead of being Beth’d away to the city for more years of this world is all of us.

2- What is this universe’s obsession with having the lead (Nick) blow up a bridge while standing on it only to survive and jump the proverbial shark

3- Gimple is the dynamite that someone left conveniently laying around that could blow up at any moment and completely finish off any bridge between the show and the fans
    Alkaid13TaraC73telephoneofmadnessgesualdo
  • I was entertained. That’s all it’s really supposed to be about right? Last season every episode pissed me off but so far not once this season. Mini superhero Judith made me lol (but in a good way). And remember, we’ll never have to see or hear the Romulan sub commander “A” “B” bullshit ever again. Onward!
    MichellerusskellyTaraC73
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    edited November 2018
    So when I read the spoiler stuff, the one I was most dreading (besides the obvious one) was the Maggie/Negan scene. I knew it was a comic book thing but the way it all played out on the show, I thought it was stupid Rick didn't kill him. Yeah, martyrdom and all that but to any holdouts, he's also a symbol of hope. But whatever.

I've always liked Jeffrey Dean Morgan but his Negan wore its welcome out long ago. But him breaking down and showing Maggie how truly broken and pathetic he is now was surprisingly effective. I was impressed and it actually convinced me that Maggie would deny herself the justice she so truly deserves because this is worse for him.

The visions were kinda hit or miss for me. I already mentioned the Shane one and I thought was head and shoulders above the others. The Hershel one was great and it was very touching to see Scott Wilson again but Jesus they know how to ruin a good scene with a terrible green screen. And Sasha? Okay. She wasn't bad or anything but of all the characters that touched Rick over the years, Sasha? Should have OBVIOUSLY been Carl but well, we all knew that wasn't going to happen. We just got a shot of his back lying on the ground before we got a fake Beth too.

Also, nitpicky thing here but how did Rick A ) survive that blast to begin with and B ) get pulled TOWARDS the explosion and fall in the river? Wouldn't it have pushed him AWAY? And someone from the group would have clearly seen or heard that helicopter. Jadis was pretty close to the explosion. But I'm sure they all assume he was dead and we'll never hear about that helicopter again.

I wish the show well. I'm not going to make a declarative statement that I'm so insulted that I'm done with the show to only slink back in and keep watching like I've the past few seasons. I'm definitely a lot less compelled now to stick with it though. Seeing the dude from Balls of Fury in the new group of seemingly capable people turned me off. (I don't know, it's been like eight years since the zombie apocalypse started, how is EVERYONE not the biggest badass?) Maybe this is exactly what the show and Angela Kang need to have a hard reset and it gets better from here. I hope it does. Truly. But until then, peace out Walking Dead.
    Kela15Alkaid13russkellyJTKIIITaraC73
  • Michelle said:
    Gimple just confirmed that this is the end of Rick Grimes on TWD.  But it's not the end of his story,  They're creating AMC feature films and his continuing story will be part of the AMC feature films.  But he won't be back on TWD.
    I think AMC should make a movie.  It should star Jon Bernthal and be called Deputy Shane Walsh and the First Nine Days of The Walking Dead.

TaraC73blue_sleeveKela15
  • redlancerredlancer Seattle
    edited November 2018
    so now we have to wait 2 more seasons until AMC starts running the promos that go (in deep announcer voice):

"Only  six  five  four more episodes...

until...

RICK!
    Comes!
    BACK! "

I don't believe for a second this is the end of AL on TWD. Rating will continue to sink, any kind of 'Walking Dead Movie Universe" will be put on hold, Gimple let go, Andrew Lincoln will get 2 or 3 more dumptrucks of money, and he'll come back for what AMC hopes will be a big rating boost/story reboot

amhatch
  • Michelle said:
    Same here. I embraced the hokey, the drawn-out, the over-the-top, Lassie the Wonder Horse AND Chekhov's dynamite, and really, really enjoyed it. They did the meaningful glancing well this episode, I know I teared up at that wordless exchange between Michionne and Maggie after the Negan encounter. (And HELL - THE NEGAN THING?!? Is Maggie a sap or are WE?)

(I'm glad they didn't have Negan do the plotting stare of evil after he turned away from Maggie. I imagine some us saw it anyway ;-)  (I hope he's still a baddie. The crying redeemed former badass thing is so overdone.)

Judith was fantastic. New young people seem alright. And I want to see more of CAROL'S HAIR!
    But mainly I want to know where Rick's been between last night and next Sunday. Will we ever see what I imagine is Cheyenne Mountain East or what's under the garbage? Yeah, I know...
    rhcoop
  • edited November 2018
    Remove Gimple from TWD franchise and let Kang do her fucking job! 
  • Gimple needs to fuck off. Having him on talking dead was weird. That being said this was the best episode since 701. But as you all have said on here gimple needs to move aside and let Angela get in there 
    NervousRhinoKela15
  • Natter CastNatter Cast San Francisco, CA
    So...in 10 years' time, there are still sizable hordes of walkers and everyone is still living in run down camps instead of towns? Awesome. That means we have a decade's worth of new seasons where literally nothing will change except there will be some new characters wearing different hats than the old characters. So awesome.
    TaraC73
  • DoubleTDoubleT Melbourne, Australia
    Great episode. Just needed Carl &/or Laurie in the dream sequences. Probably instead of Sascha who didn't have a particularly close bond with Rick.
    TaraC73
  • Holy fuck. That was such an unapologetic, brazen cash grab that I can't even get mad at it. All this build-up to Rick's departure, only to end with a sudden reversal, a trilogy of Rick Grimes movies announced, and new contracts for Reedus and McBride that show they aren't even nearly done milking this show for all its worth? It's the most explicit, shameless, in-your-face franchising the show has ever done. It was abysmal, it was complete trash, and to be honest, I loved every minute of it. Seriously. It was so terrible that it actually wrapped back around into being some kind of deranged genius. And the season had even been okay up until this point! Maybe it'll be okay afterwards, too - while Gimple is busy working on his Rick movies, maybe Kang can cobble together something approaching a decent TV show from what she has left over. Stranger things have happened, after all - this episode proves that. We've left reality behind!
    TaraC73amhatch