Bald Move fan meetup! (North Atlanta)

Comments

• yeah it does snow here occasionally...  that doesn't look like it would stand up to much snow, or a breeze, lol.  there was a barn in a similar state by the road up in canton not far from where my brother used to live, not sure if it's still there or not though.
    Michelle
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited September 2018
    Um...anyone wanna go with me to Gwar? I know. It’s weird. Never seen them and theyre in town when I’m there, now 3 to the 9.   
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It’s well inside the perimeter, but Scofflaw makes IMO the best IPA (the Basement) and I’ve been meaning to check it out forever. 
    I've been meaning to get over to Scofflaw for a long time. Had plans to go the anniversary last week but blah blah baby blah blah working wife blah blah. 

I'd probably be down for a meetup there. Assuming it's a good place to hangout. Looks like it in the photos.
  • We're just a little over 2 weeks out from this.  Bumping for visibility.
    JaimieT
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Recent thoughts:

• A brewery sounds cool
    • Let's stick with OTP North Atlanta though
    • My spidey senses are warning me that wherever we go, let's keep it in an area someone is familiar with in case we have to bail or diversify #justbiggroupthings
    • I really like the idea of having board games or card games so there's opportunity for low-intensity participation, and maybe there's a cool group game #mustbrainstorm

Maybe we can do a game of "Who am I?" (the names on the forehead) and we all pick characters from anything Bald Move has reviewed.
    Or does anyone have Cards Against Humanity? Just spitballing here. No one has to play a fucking game if they fucking don't want to, god damn.
    hisdudeness915A_Ron_Hubbard
  • I have a few board games. Also you can find CAH online. 
    JaimieT
  • I have CAH with most of the expansions.  Also, a dozen other games that will play several people.  I have about 80 board games.  It's a problem.  

Simple suggestions:
    Secret Hitler (5-10 players, social deduction)
    Werewords (5-10, but really could do more; social deduction/20 questions-like word guessing)
    Codenames (Requires even teams)

I can bring a bag with me and we can bust them out if we wanna, or leave them in the car if we dont.
    JaimieT
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited October 2018
    Secret Hitler is fun. I have Betrayal at House on the Hill, Forbidden Island, Love Letter, Sea of Clouds, and Sushi Go. LL and SG are quick and easy to set up. 
    JaimieT
  • I just found out that my wife has a work party this same day and we have a “tie goes to the uterus” policy when it comes to who gets a few hours away from the kid. So, unfortunately, it looks like I won’t be able to make it unless something changes. I’m pretty bummed about it but I hope you guys have a great time!!!

• I mean, are we firm on Nov. 10? I can do other days. 
  • Don’t change anything on account of me. Nov 10 was literally the best day for me for damn near the entire rest of 2018. So, I’m pretty much screwed no matter what day it is.  :(
  • No worries man, also we should probably decide on a location pretty soon in case we need to book it. 
  • JoshTheBlackJoshTheBlack Atlanta, GA
    edited October 2018
    I'll leave location up to you north OTP folk. I'm in South Decatur. 

BTW, I just updated my game collection list on BGG to be current. https://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/joshtheblack
    edited October 2018
    Here's my submission. I talked to a guy at work who is our age and he recommended this as a good spot for brewery + games. It looks like from their website they are very lax about hanging out, bringing in outside food, drinks, etc. Re: groups they say, "We would love for you to call or email ahead so that we can set aside some space for you and staff accordingly," so they're cool with it. 

http://jekyllbrewing.com/

Pics of place
    I'll leave location up to you north OTP folk. I'm in South Decatur. 

BTW, I just updated my game collection list on BGG to be current. https://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/joshtheblack

Holy shit dude!

Tentative time: 3pm

Alkaid13
  • damn I hate now that we moved away!  Have fun!
    edited November 2018
    This is it...

November 10, 3pm
    at Jekyll Brewing in Alpharetta

If anyone can no longer make it, comment or PM me. I'll be wearing my bright blue Bald Move shirt, although I might have a forest green hoodie over it. See you there!!! 
    Alkaid13JoshTheBlackvoodoorat
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Bummed I can’t stay long enough to make it, but I’ve been here since yesterday. The weather is so damn nice here right now.  I’m at the Twelve Downtown if any would please recommend some bars, restaurants and sports bars in that area. I’d be eternally grateful. Also local beers besides sweetwater. We tried Max Lagers last night, which was pretty good.  Gah it sucks. All the forum regulars are from here and I’m missing it by a day. 
    MichelleJaimieT
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Call in sick and push your flight to the next day!  :grin:
    JaimieTcdrive
  • cdrive said:
    Bummed I can’t stay long enough to make it, but I’ve been here since yesterday. The weather is so damn nice here right now.  I’m at the Twelve Downtown if any would please recommend some bars, restaurants and sports bars in that area. I’d be eternally grateful. Also local beers besides sweetwater. We tried Max Lagers last night, which was pretty good.  Gah it sucks. All the forum regulars are from here and I’m missing it by a day. 
    Definitely try Scofflaw Basement IPA if you like IPAs. It's my favorite.
    cdrive
    edited November 2018
    @daveh - You in? It's at a brewery so you have no excuse as far as I'm concerned. I can tape a "Scofflaw" poster over the sign for when you walk up.

@hypergenesb - You coming? Also damn I forgot you offered to help with the venue; I shoulda skimmed the thread again. This one looks good though.

@Koun7erfit - I'm assuming you're still in, right?

@Alkaid13 - I know you're in.

@voodoorat - I'm assuming you're in?

@JoshTheBlack - I'm assuming you're in, and bring a few cool games? I trust your judgment.

@hisdudeness915 - Bummer you can't come! We will drink a pint in honor of your memory.

@cdrive - FAIL. Just kidding, I'm sorry we're missing your trip window.
    cdrivehisdudeness915
  • Definitely
    JaimieT
  • I'm selling to the wife now... and at this moment it looks like I'll be +1.5 (wife and baby), hope that's ok. The largest caveat being the naptime of the baby. So I may be later than 3pm, or riding alone. 

I'll do my best to keep you updated if something changes. 

Thanks for organizing @JaimieT - and no taped Scofflaw posters needed. Haha
    JaimieT
    @daveh - Yeah, it'll be nice meeting them! Awesome.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Take photos! I wish I could be there! "Where two or more gather in Bald Move's name, there Jim and I are with them." - A.Ron 18:20
    JaimieTJoshTheBlackNoelAlkaid13hisdudeness915MichelleweeniegirlAnnelle
  • So... Who is making the cardboard cutouts of J&A? 
    MichelleJaimieT