Positivity! aka the good vibes thread

Comments

• JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    I'm losing 50 pounds, started in August. Today I broke 16 pounds, so 32% there. This was also one of those significant digit changes. :)
    FreibergDani_ArmindorusskellyMichellemajjam0770Freddyadobo1148TravisKate23Murderbearand 1 other.
  • edited October 2018
    Another hurricane... another positivity post! Estimated 100 MPH winds have a way of bringing things into focus and I know what's important to me now.  We'll see what happens when the shit hits the fan in a few hours, but moving forward, I feel extremely optimistic about which direction I want to go. :)
    Kate23Michellemajjam0770FreddyJaimieT
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Headed to Portugal in March. Well, technically flying into Madrid and then driving to Portugal. Haven't left the country in over a decade. March can't get here soon enough. Btw, any recommendations for Madrid, Porto, or the road between would be appreciated!
    russkellyMichelleFlukesJaimieT
  • russkellyrusskelly Indianapolis
    Eight days deep into keto. I am keeping track of every single calorie I consume and plugging them into spreadsheets. I am making sure I hit the marcos correctly. Here are some observations so far...

1: I miss cookies and soda and beer, but this is not as difficult as I thought it would be. I thought It'd be a real bear.
    2: I am eating way more vegetables than I ever had before. I didn't expect that.
    3: I am eating way less meat than I thought I'd eat. A couple of strips of bacon and a few grams of chicken. That's it.
    4: Of all the diets, keto has shown me that a transition to a vegetarian diet would be so easy. (Not gonna happen tho...)
    5: Holy Lord! I am eating a lot of fat! I thought I'd do this until I hit my ultimate goal weight. Then I said no more than a year. Now I'm giving it a three month lease and if I don't see an exceptionally large amount of weight loss, I'll switch to normal macro levels. (While maintaining a calorie deficit. I am running a deficit now.)

My clothes are already looser. I have a general sense of clarity now. I feel better. I feel like I have a little bit more control. Things are going great so far. :)
    cdriveMichelleFlukesJaimieTTravisKate23
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Freddy said:
    Headed to Portugal in March. Well, technically flying into Madrid and then driving to Portugal. Haven't left the country in over a decade. March can't get here soon enough. Btw, any recommendations for Madrid, Porto, or the road between would be appreciated!
    Holy shit. Freddy in Madrid.  Yeah I got some recs. Let me formalize them.  But you will love that city. Dinner starts at 11. Random pop up street parties and everything is going hard until 5 am. 
    Flukes
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited October 2018
    @russkelly Would you mind posting your spreadsheets (assuming your diet consists of more than just avocados with a little bit of bacon and chicken sprinkled on top)? I have a ton of facebook friends who post keto meals, but none post their diet plan.

Congrats btw, nothing better than clothes that used to be too tight fitting loose.
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    America .. I AM IN YOU! This is my first visit to the USA in a few years. First night in the Chicago area and  I managed to get myself to Lou Malnati's for some Chicago deep-dish pizza. It's my first visit to my corporate's overlords' HQ out in the Chicago suburbs and I'm crushing local craft brew with some folks who could definitely further my career. 

Yes, I got into one prickly conversation with an American colleague about health care and tax cuts, but i totally deflected that shit into a round of Revolution Anti-Hero IPAs. :D
    MichellecdriveFreddyrusskellyKate23Murderbeartom_g
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Flukes said:
    America .. I AM IN YOU! This is my first visit to the USA in a few years. First night in the Chicago area and  I managed to get myself to Lou Malnati's for some Chicago deep-dish pizza. It's my first visit to my corporate's overlords' HQ out in the Chicago suburbs and I'm crushing local craft brew with some folks who could definitely further my career. 

Yes, I got into one prickly conversation with an American colleague about health care and tax cuts, but i totally deflected that shit into a round of Revolution Anti-Hero IPAs. :D
    Get it boy. That’s awesome.  
  • JaimieT said:
    I'm losing 50 pounds, started in August. Today I broke 16 pounds, so 32% there. This was also one of those significant digit changes. :)
    YOU GO!!!!!!!!
    JaimieT
    I'm 21 days in. I'm down 16+ pounds. Made it through a wedding and a pumpkin carving/pizza party without breaking faith.
    DeeMichelleadobo1148JaimieTMurderbearTravis
  • russkelly said:
    I'm 21 days in. I'm down 16+ pounds. Made it through a wedding and a pumpkin carving/pizza party without breaking faith.

Awesome!!!!!!
    russkellyTravis
    russkelly said:

Good for you man! Week 6 is about where I hit the high, and I'm never looking back. Nothing feels better than this way of eating. 
    russkellyTravis
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited November 2018
    I love Humboldt sunsets.  This was last night's, at Trinidad. (Photo credit: Zack Stanton)

MurderbearJaimieTrusskellyKate23FreddyTravis
  • edited November 2018

Have some feel Good
    russkellyMichelleKate23MurderbearTravis
    adobo1148 said:

Have some feel Good
    We just started a Netflix show called Dogs. You should check it out. 
  • Its on my watch list
    russkelly
    Only 5 work days left in the month for me!  

adobo1148cdriverusskellyTravis
    Halfway through my 50 pound weightloss goal! 25 pounds gone.

I can't wait to go back to my doctor, who was super concerned last January and started asking me about "vegetable servings" (gag, I never wanted to be that person) and see (1) their reaction and (2) whatever number I was on the scale that freaked them out. I asked them not to tell me when I weighed in, haha.
    russkellyMichelleKate23MurderbearTeresa from ConcordTravis
    @JaimieT congrats!  That's awesome!  :)
    JaimieTTravis
    I just bought my first ever pair of Crocs.
    adobo1148Freddy
  • As part of my “trying new things” campaign I just made Spaghetti aglio e olio and it was so  fucking good, Next up ....Carbonara! 
    ChinaskicdriveMurderbearDeetom_gMichelleTravis
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    edited December 2018
    Just made my last car payment! Feels great to have that off my back!
    Deeadobo1148Kate23JaimieTrusskellytom_gMichelleJoshuaHeterTravis
    I've been using Aron's 'snowball' method of paying down debt and am now 1/2 way out of my old debt (medical expenses - they build up when you've had surgery!)
    (@A_Ron_Hubbard I think that's what it's called?  I remember you talking about it on a lunch a long time ago and it stuck with me.  Thanks! :) )
    Deeadobo1148JaimieTTravis
    Just made my last car payment! Feels great to have that off my back!
    Congrats!  :)
    adobo1148MurderbearTravis
    Blessed.

DeeMurderbearcdriveTravis
  • https://youtu.be/7auXTfgONgc
    My nephew shared this video with me. Im not a cat person, Im not even really an animal lover but holy shit this pierced my heart. Its a long video and crazy harrowing but absolutely worth it. Enjoy and hug your pets and keep them safe. 
    Kate23Michelle
  • An email form a student: "Dr. Heter, I’m not sure if you are using the same textbook next year. I still have my book and will no longer need to use it. Can I drop it off to your office and you can give it to a student next semester who may need it? It was free with my scholarship so it will be free to them! Just let me know."

russkellyKate23Michelleadobo1148Dani_Armindotom_gDeeTravis
    Decorating Christmas cookies. There is a cookie under that mound of sprinkles, I swear.

JaimieTJoshuaHetercdriveadobo1148ChinaskiDeeFreddyTravis
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    last day of work until 1/2!
    MichelleDeeFreddyTravis
    Hey, everybody. Merry Christmas! I love you all. <3
    JaimieTTravis