It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

2»

Comments

• It's great to have the show back, but that wasn't their best effort. I mean, it's still funny, but the political angle felt very forced and not needed. I guess Mindy Kaling was meant to make the show great again, but the overall theme didn't really hit with me because they seemed afraid to make a statement about it. The jokes about Mac fucking the sex doll made me laugh, though. I'm also super impressed by how good Mac looks. I thought the jokes about how unnecessary it was were mostly funny and I wonder if that's what the actual cast thought.
    Dee
  • They've always done a good job keeping details for up coming seasons secret. I was already prepared to not see Glenn Howerton all season. 
  • I’m sad. I was ready to see Mindy rock it. 

I wasn’t a fan of the 1st episode. I wasn’t offended or anything, it just didn’t seem like their normal top tier humor. 
    Jovial_Falcon
  • Loved the second episode. The Jurassic Park tributes were awesome. 
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    I about lost it when Dennis described an escape room as a highly sexual experience 
  • UnibowlerUnibowler San Antonio, Texas
    Am I the only one wondering who got the doll at the end of shooting the season? 
  • I really thought that Dennis wasn't coming back this season and that the actor just decided to call it.  So I was very happy that he did indeed come back (because in the first episode, i don't think he was listed in the opening credits but instead listed as a special guest or something else in the ending credits, but in episode 2, Glen was back in the opening credits).  I wish they kept the Dennis sex doll though.  Really found it funny.

For the 2nd episode, definitely enjoyed the fact how they were technically right that they got out of the room before time expired.

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I don't know how they managed to keep Dennis's return secret. Very awesome though.
    Jovial_Falconken hale
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited October 2018
    I’m so fucking pissed. We get 10 episodes a year AT best and they do a fucking clip show. 

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!!!!

edit: thank god they pivoted. Always pivot. Next time I’ll watch the episode before seeing the episode title and commenting
    Jovial_Falcon
  • I really liked the last episode. I now wish they would do an entire episode in the style of another show. Like an Always Sunny version of Scrubs or The IT Crowd or something that isn't their usual style. Very fun episode and the season has been mostly good, so far. 
    HatorianJovial_Falcon
  • Hatorian said:
    I’m so fucking pissed. We get 10 episodes a year AT best and they do a fucking clip show. 

edit: thank god they pivoted. Always pivot. Next time I’ll watch the episode before seeing the episode title and commenting
    Is there an example of an ACTUAL clip show that someone could point me to? Because, while I understand the concept, I think I've only seen it executed as parody (Best one is Community).  What's a show that actually did an episode of flashbacks?
  • The Simpson’s did one.

the office did one but had like maybe 3-4 minutes original content in it. 

A lot of the 90s shows had them as well
  • Ok, yeah I remember the Simpsons one, where Homer's in a coma from Bart's shook-up beer can prank. 
    That had some original content, too, as the framing device for the flashbacks.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    ken hale said:
    Hatorian said:

Is there an example of an ACTUAL clip show that someone could point me to? Because, while I understand the concept, I think I've only seen it executed as parody (Best one is Community).  What's a show that actually did an episode of flashbacks?
    The biggest offenders were TGIF shows. I would be very surprised if Family Matters or Step by Step did not have clip shows. If memory serves they'd usually do them towards the end of the season, like for a finale or something. 
    Hatorian
  • Seinfeld did at least 2 clip shows. 1 for the 100th episode and 1 for the second to last episode. 
  • I wasn't sure about this season at first, but I just caught up and these last few episodes have been fantastic! I thought Dan Harmon was the only way that could get away with a clip show parody, but going full inception at the end was inspired.  Keep it up, gang!
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    One of my favorite things so far has been the fact they can say fuck now.

I just watched the one about the bathroom and near the end when Mac is calmly saying, "Fuck you, Dee. Fuck you," had me cracking up.

My dvr didn't record the one before this which I heard was great, and I've got a couple to watch but I've liked this season so far.
    Jovial_Falcon
  • Yea there has been s ton of F bombs in this season. It’s fucking great
  • This show has officially lost its mind. A five minute long interpretive dance to end the season? That was easily the oddest thing in the show's history. 
  • Dummy said:
    This show has officially lost its mind. A five minute long interpretive dance to end the season? That was easily the oddest thing in the show's history. 
    That dance was absolutely beautiful. Danny even killed it and his response even brought tears. Wasn’t 100% stellar this season but that ending made up for it. 
    Freddy
  • As a gambler I really loved E8 and 9. Awesome. 

Episode 10 was something else. And as mentioned the last 5 minutes were Super powerful and Frank as the de facto Father really killed it. This show is still top quality. Can’t wait for season 14
    Freddy
  • Dummy said:
    This show has officially lost its mind. A five minute long interpretive dance to end the season? That was easily the oddest thing in the show's history. 
    That dance was absolutely beautiful. Danny even killed it and his response even brought tears. Wasn’t 100% stellar this season but that ending made up for it. 
    I admit my first impression was wrong. I've seen it a couple of times since and I'm now like Frank. I get it. 
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    That was some next level shit this season. That last dance has to be the entire reason Rob got into Olympian shape, right? I mean, who does that? Not just the shape thing, but he pulled incredibly complex and seemingly dangerous moves, just to give this show heart and guts it doesn't even really need. 

I'm so glad I turned the corner on IASIP a few years back. I'd have hated to miss this 
    Hatorianaki
  • A_Ron_Hubbard said: That last dance has to be the entire reason Rob got into Olympian shape, right? I mean, who does that? Not just the shape thing, but he pulled incredibly complex and seemingly dangerous moves, just to give this show heart and guts it doesn't even really need. 
    I thought the same thing...
  • Thanks to the comments on Lunch (I think) I checked out the last few episodes of this season.   The clip episode, the bathroom episode and the last episode of the season...  Wow.    Thanks @A_Ron_Hubbard!
    edited January 26
    Rewatching S13 and noticed during Mac’s interpretive dance all his Tatoos are gone. Not sure if those were real and he lasered them off before shooting the season or if they were fake and they didn’t put them on or if there’s some symbolic meaning behind them missing. 

Edit: Rob posted on Twitter an answer to the question simply saying “laser beams”
  • edited January 30
    I'm just sitting down to watch season 13 now.  Episode 1 felt a little off but had some absolutely hilarious moments. Two is alright.

Edit: Now that I've seen the first six, I don't know.  There's great moments but no real standout episodes I guess.  It's still  the best comedy out there, to me, though.
    Season 14 coming Sept 25th!!!! huge! Wasn't expecting this until 2020. awesome news.