2nd Annual Not Actually Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day Marathon - Saturday, February 9th, 2019

Comments

• kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    I mean your name is @Murderbear and @A_Ron_Hubbard has bearish qualities. They might be a little hesitant for in person visits.
    MichelleCecilyweeniegirl
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    I'm a bear who murders not a murderer of bears! Ha! I have a bottle of bourbon that I have been wanting to give them for a while. My thought was try and time it in between movies, pop in and do a shot, make a small donation and then get out. I'm not trying to hop on the stream or make this a big thing or anything. Also, if they are at all iffy on the idea, I completely respect that and will watch from the comforts of home. I was going to be sort of in the area in the afternoon and had the thought. Please @A_Ron_Hubbard, say no if you don't want visitors!
    kuman07Noel
    Then again, if @DoubleA_Ron goes through with their plan and gets some Stormtroopers to show up, I'll just grab the last one in line and put their costume on. I feel like I saw that in a movie somewhere...
    DoubleA_RonCecilycdrive
  • Then again, if @DoubleA_Ron goes through with their plan and gets some Stormtroopers to show up, I'll just grab the last one in line and put their costume on. I feel like I saw that in a movie somewhere...
    Heh, naw... had more peeps chimed in with some interest I definitely would have made more of an effort to make it happen.
    Murderbear
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Got my shirt ready!

God, I dressed like a dickhead in my 20s...

DoubleA_RonMurderbearMichellecdriveA_Ron_HubbardLandscraping
  • Did they mention what version of the movies they are watching?
  • Freddy said:
    Got my shirt ready!

You dress like you’re favourite movie is Boondock Saints and you listen to Limp Bizket. ;)
    FreddyMichellegguenotweeniegirl
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Was Axe body spray a thing back then?
    gguenotHatorian
    edited February 2019
    Michelle said:
    Was Axe body spray a thing back then?
    "Extreme Dime Bag at the Mall Arcade"
    MichelleMurderbearNoelHatorian
    Hatorian said:
    Freddy said:
    Got my shirt ready!

You dress like you’re favourite movie is Boondock Saints and you listen to Limp Bizket. ;)
    At least you didn't say Triple X and Papa Roach.
    HatorianMichelle
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Freddy said:
    Got my shirt ready!

MurderbearNoelMichelle
  • chrilewchrilew Austin, TX
    I just wanted to thank you @A_Ron_Hubbard for better explaining the live watches over the past few podcasts. I really wanted to participate in the Christmas stuff this year, but I really didn't understand where to go or how it works to watch live. I'm still not 100% sure, but I can go to twitch on Saturday and figure it out. 

Also, someone mentioned somewhere about figuring out how to sync it up to watch the actual movie on one tv while the twitch feed is on another to get the big movie visuals with the commentary on the "side". We are a house divided, so we have a secondary tv we move into the LR when we need "Sports Bar Mode" (ie, the Rockets and the Mavs are playing at the same time). If anyone can share some tips that would be nice. 

Also, I'm at work so I don't have time to read through all the posts, so I'm sorry if this has been shared before. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure it's buried in the forums somewhere, but I have no idea where to begin. 

Thanks all!
  • BrieanneBrieanne California
    Speaking of t-Shirts, wasn't there supposed to be a t-shirt commemorating last year's event?
    DoubleA_Ronsbench2Cecily
    edited February 2019
    I don't know why I feel compelled to make these things. It's just super easy and when inspiration strikes... so, apologies. Ha
    MichelleNoelweeniegirlDoubleA_RonKate23A_Ron_HubbardFreddyMarcirkcrawf
  • I've heard it said before that there is a secret fan edit of the prequel trilogy called the "Anti Cheese edit" that makes all three of them immensely more watchable.  Supposedly the creator had uploaded them to youtube in 2015, but Lucasfilm had them removed in 2016.  Rumor has it they can still be found in places one might go to find such things.  Depending on your level of commitment, you might even find them in glorious HD.  

Here's a brief article about them on polygon.
    Murderbear
  • Will we be getting the slight audio bleed of the movies through the vocal mics like last year?  It was immensely helpful from a “listening more than watching” standpoint.

Murderbearcdrive
    ^ details 
    DoubleA_Ron
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Yeah, it should be exactly like last year audio wise, except new location and it's not on groundhog day and we're both 53 weeks older. 
    DoubleA_RonNaugustine
  • Yeah, it should be exactly like last year audio wise, except new location and it's not on groundhog day and we're both 53 weeks older. 
    Also, Ewoks.  Lots more Ewoks.
    Yeah, it should be exactly like last year audio wise, except new location and it's not on groundhog day and we're both 53 weeks older. 
    Also, Ewoks.  Lots more Ewoks.

Starcruiser?  Starrrrrcruiser! Crash!

JoshuaHeter
  • Not on twitch and only saw the first one, original release in a packed theatre, extremely high in the first row, neck-sore for days...but there in spirit with a small donation via the Alliance link. Have a great time for a needy cause!
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    edited February 2019
    So...I am really bummed. I live in Northern California and last Monday night we got hit by a huge snow storm. I have have not had power since then. So I guess I will not be watching this live. I just checked our power company and it  remains off in my area. I hope you all have a blast though. 
  • Wish I could stay up for the whole thing, but I have a preschooler and they don’t sleep in, EVER. Hubby was going to get up with him, but was just informed that his work screwed up some scheduling and now he has to get up at 4am tomorrow to deal with that, so I’ve got to head to bed at a reasonable hour. Now planning to get up early and watch a bit in the morning before things get going for the day. With you in night owl spirit!
    gguenot
    So...I am really bummed. I live in Northern California and last Monday night we got hit by a huge snow storm. I have have not had power since then. So I guess I will not be watching this live. I just checked our power company and it  remains off in my area. I hope you all have a blast though. 
    Can you watch on your cell?  Do you have a charged power bank?  Bummer!  :(
    edited February 2019
    Just a little over 2 hours left.... get hype!  :smiley:   I have my coffee ready, I’m mapping out the closest pizza places, & thinking of creative ways to donate this year.  Last year was so much fun - I’m really excited for this year’s and am ready to stay up for the entire 24 hours!  Can’t wait to see how high we can raise that donation bar.  :star:
    weeniegirlCecilydjcaudle01
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Michelle said:
    Can you watch on your cell?  Do you have a charged power bank?  Bummer!  :(
    I theoretically could, but no charged power bank. And not actually watching the movies while the guys commented seems kinda like a bummer. I will probably hop back on this once power gets sorted. It just won't be in real time. It is a bummer, agreed. 
    Michelle
  • I’m so excited! I just left my work party early so I could get home in time. LFG!
  • I don’t have anything on the Bald Move Twitch Channel, last year they had a place holder. 
  • Am I missing it?

DoubleA_RonMurderbearweeniegirl