Counterpart on Starz

13»

Comments

• rkcrawf said:
    I was all psyched, until I remembered I don't have Starz. Any legal ways to watch w/o subscribing (I'm assuming iTunes isn't available until the season is over)? 
    Amazon Prime offers a la carte premium channels....

I got lucky; the triple-play (phone/Internet/tv) option is actually the cheapest here in bear country, and I need a landline for fax. When I bumped down to the cheapest tv, the CS rep gave me Stars/Showtime free for a year! I've heard other stories of people doing some polite whining and getting free channels or a cost break for a year, just to stay on. 
    rkcrawf
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Hulu, Prime, iTunes with starz app, or starz.com for use with starz app with appletv or chrome or fire stick. I just re-subscribed month to month. 
  • Half of me liked the origin story episode and the other half thinks that the show should be 98% J.K. Simmons
  • Is anyone watching Season 2?  It has been excellent so far.  The psychological angles to this show are most interesting to me, and this season delves deeper into them than the first. I would really like to hear a Bald Move TV episode about this series and hear Jim and Aron's take on the show. 
    Kate23Elisa
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    I have been watching S2 and really enjoying it. Unfortunately the ratings are lower this season and it’s hard to jump in midstream. It’s a shame S1 wasn’t released on Prime or Netflix prior to this season on Starz. 
  • I don't know if it was intended but they shifted from a mainly J.K. Simmons perspective to a broader story. I like the story but the two versions of him drove the show early and wonder why they changed.

If I was a bumper sticker kind of person I would want one that said: We kill people, then we eat breakfast. I imagine it would give me more room out on the road.
    Kate23djcaudle01
  • I have really been enjoying it, though I also miss the JK Simmons focus. My assumption is that it was tough on his schedule so they dialed back. I wish they'd done more with Baldwin though. I'm still not into Shadow much, which is a downer as they've been focusing more on her situation. I enjoyed seeing James Cromwell though, as well as the origin of the Crossing, so it's been mixed but overall positive.

They are making the episodes watching on-demand starting Sunday midnight, so I actually watched it to decompress after the not-groundhog day marathon...
    Elisa
  • edited February 2019
    I just read the show was cancelled :( Really sad as I've enjoyed the second season more than the first one, loved how they expanded on Emily and unbelievably, I even found some sympathy for Clare.
    The showrunner said they will try to 'shop around' to see if another network wants to pick it up and I really, really hope they will be successful because it's a shame a show this good only gets two seasons.
    Elisa
  • Yeah... It was one of the few I watched as soon as possible. The good place was the only other. Bah. 
    Elisa
  • Even in the Golden Age of Television the quick trigger on killing a show is ever present.

Starz has passed on season 3 but the production company is still shopping it around. 

Same situation as The Expanse last year. Maybe they'll get lucky but I wouldn't hold out hope because the new channel would want the rights to the first two seasons and that is always too expensive.
    Elisa
  • Did Starz market this series at all??  I do not recall a single advertisement. 

Really bummed as I liked the premise but then again after last nights penultimate episode, I can see them wrapping up with some closure to many plot threads. 
    Elisa
  • Just got an email survey about Counterpart, maybe the decision to cancel isn't final?
    Elisa
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Kate23 said:
    Just got an email survey about Counterpart, maybe the decision to cancel isn't final?
    From whom?
  • edited February 2019
    Kate23 said:
    Just got an email survey about Counterpart, maybe the decision to cancel isn't final?

Answer every question, no matter what it is, with J.K. Simmons
    Kate23
  • edited February 2019
    The email was from “the STARZ app” (starz.com) . Rate the show & why, did I watch night of or later, what did I think of the show not returning, a few other questions. 
    Elisa
  • edited February 2019
    I’m going to try and hunt down that survey...loved to see Samuel Roukin (he stole the show as John Graves Simcoe in AMC’s “Turn”) playing the OG role in the origin episode...definitely want to see more of that, I thought they could actually do a season or two leading up to “the accident”

Edit: But I could watch JK Simmons ego vs id (see spy vs spy) ad infinitim
    Elisa
  • I think overall it ended well particularly thematically. Ends where it began and around the individual responsible for basically everything. 
    Elisa