910 - Omega

The current IMDB rating for tonight is super high, so maybe we’re in for a treat. 

Comments

• The current IMDB rating for tonight is super high, so maybe we’re in for a treat. 
    What is it? 
  • I’ve read some bullshit about this episode with backstories etc. Oh boy. 
  • Hey everyone! 

We all have lots of thoughts and feelings about The Walking Dead so why not be part of a podcast! 

I run #thewalkingdeaduk podcast on entertainmenttalk.org and I want you to send me all your questions and thoughts! 

Simply email matthew@entertainmenttalk.org or click on our contact page! 

Here’s a link for last weeks #TheWalkingDead podcast for 909! 

• iMatty94 said:
    The current IMDB rating for tonight is super high, so maybe we’re in for a treat. 
    What is it? 
    100+ ratings right now and it’s a 10. That number will drop and is inflated at the moment but gives hope 
  • lengmolengmo RTP, NC
    edited February 2019
    Fine episode except for Henry's actor sucking the life out of every scene he's in.  Hope he's booked acting lessons between seasons.

Still creepy AF to see "walkers" not acting like walkers.  Glad the show is drawing out the Whisperers story arc at least a little.
    Pangsrustywright4
  • Decent episode. Although it makes Seasons 7 and 8 all the more disappointing that they had 32 episodes and didn’t spend a single minute giving is some flashbacks on Negan and made him a complex character instead of a one note villian. 
    lengmoPangsrustywright4
  • edited February 2019
    The action needs to pick up the pace in the next episode. I liked the flash backs and they were well done but this is all the backstory we need for a half season, hell a whole season. Combined with some of Henry's scenes and it starts to feel like some of the ol foot draggin. All that said this episode was at the very least engaging for me. 

Edit: We're back transporting walkers now?
    Pangs
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited February 2019
    Samantha Morton!  :star: 

I know this isn't an in-depth comment or analysis of the episode.  I just love her as an actress and am thrilled that she is now part of the cast.
    Kela15
  • Henry is real danger of dethroning Chris from FtWD as Most Annoying Walking Dead Universe Teen.
    Byrdie
  • I liked the episode, but the Walking Dead 'Cast podcast about it made me really appreciate it.  I don't have a direct link besides itunes, but you can see the podcast artwork here: http://www.podcastica.com/

Marci
  • I really love Darryl this season, his line,"they like it when you're scared." really made the scene and made the, up to that point, a rushed backstory IMO. Its nice to be invested on the show, for instance how the Hilltop proceeds with the Lydia conundrum. Can you give her back? One hand theres empathy for her bc Alpha has really fucked with her head and also Henry shared some sensitive intel, but if you give her back you could maybe end this skirmish. 

Not feeling this new crew and the whole we're going to do what we want and not follow leaders, felt like we were backsliding to season 6-8. And when they got out there the person who pushed to go is like This is too dangerous lets go back! Still not sure I trust that crew, was thinking they were whisperer spys.
    Kela15
  • So.... in the final scene of the episode, a group of about twenty Whisperers shows up at the gate. They seem to be armed with knives.

The Hilltop community has superior numbers and superior weapons (crossbows, bows and arrows, spears, horses, etc.). What would stop them from just taking out this threat right here, right now?

Okay, Alpha has a shotgun. But still....
    Kela15
  • What would stop them from just taking out this threat right here, right now?
    Same reason no one could shoot Negan.

I agree it would have been much better for the Whisperers to have shown up with a 1000 walkers.  Maybe the Whisperers are counting on Hilltop being a weak settlement like they're used to.
  • lengmo said:
    What would stop them from just taking out this threat right here, right now?

I agree it would have been much better for the Whisperers to have shown up with a 1000 walkers.  Maybe the Whisperers are counting on Hilltop being a weak settlement like they're used to.

I hope they address it next week. I assume it will be the two hostages (the music teacher and the other guy) that keeps Hilltop from going on the offense right away

• lengmo said:
    What would stop them from just taking out this threat right here, right now?

I hope they address it next week. I assume it will be the two hostages (the music teacher and the other guy) that keeps Hilltop from going on the offense right away

That and I thought they were still pretty far away, 60 yards or more. Pretty difficult to get a kill shot with a bow and arrow. They also had a corn field to their right that the deaf woman ran into. So theres no way they could have killed them all imo. 

I'm also hearing a lot of people saying walking among the walkers is a bad idea due to the easy target and the fact that everyone kills the walkers. And that would be correct if theres like 5 walkers rolling up on 5 people but when theres 20 to 30 walkers rolling up on 5 people, I think thats how they benefit. They can control one of the most abundant lethal weapons in the world atm. Also, they have the element of surprise, I'm alittle nervous every time I see one of ours go in for a knife headshot. 
  • Henry is real danger of dethroning Chris from FtWD as Most Annoying Walking Dead Universe Teen.
    He beat out Judith for most annoying character on the show, I mean my god was that dude begging for death
  • Angela Kang seems to be reintroducing some "soapy" elements that were kind of lost with Darabont's departure. For better or worse. I think the dynamic with the kids and Daryl worked out really well and am sort of surprised at how well they are mining Daryl's character to move the story forward. That has been the case since she took over where the story is suited to what we know about each character for the most part. Still though the new Magna group's decisions to take up a rescue mission and then abandon it/split up were inane and felt Gimple-style forced, just to get pieces in place by having people make decisions that make no sense. But as with most of the episodes under Kang I've started highly skeptical and been more or less pleased/won over at the end.
    mtron32rustywright4
    This can never, and will never, happen. That was one of the worst characters I've ever had the misfortune of witnessing. 
    mtron32Landscraping
  • I liked the idea of Henry being used by Daryl to get info out of the prisoner, but don't like how they set it up as Henry having no clue until afterwards. I thought the previous scene of him and daryl watching them bury jesus was setting up them planning the 'good cop/bad cop' thing while henry pondered his place in the community.

They should have had it as Henry knowingly getting her to talk, but afterward regretting playing her. Instead they had him clueless with Daryl manipulating both of them, and then henry just regretting being an idiot. Same outcome but I think would have been a little more character growth the other way.

Other than that, liking where it's going. Agree on Judith being a little much, but so far used sparingly, and kind of fun in small doses. WIth her being Rick's conscience to Negan's internal conflict is a good pairing. Maybe Negan dies saving Judith at some point to close his character arc. We're pretty far off the reservation compared to the comics with these characters so who knows.

For those thinking they've had their fill of flashback for the season, I'm pretty sure we'll have at least one or two episodes to resolve the post rick death aftermath and the scars on Michonne and Daryl.

• This week is a series low of 4.5