What are you playing?

Comments

• kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    For Skyrim and Fallout 4 fans that might not have played in a year or more. They offer a lot of items on the Creation Club thing they brought out a while back. Some people feel strongly about micro transactions. But you can maybe spruce up your old game a bit. It is for all platforms and there is a lot to choose from. Some is crap some is good. If you haven’t seen itt maybe it’s worth a see. 
  • Satisfactory came out today and I played so much I think I hurt my arm. It is like two of my favorite games, Factorio and Subnautica, had a baby. It's early access so hopefully I get through all the content they have right now and normal life can resume.
    Murderbear
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    I have been playing one of the strangest, most boring games ever and I absolutely love it. Spintires: Mudrunner. Essentially the game is you are a driver somewhere in the middle of nowhere Russia in a nightmarescape of mud, water and bogs. And they give you missions like: go get some logs and bring them to the lumber yard or take these trailers to these empty garages to unlock them. And that's about it.

You are tasked with taking these trucks that range from a jeep like vehicle to these massive construction type vehicles though this shitty terrain. And it is a constant battle with fuel and damage and obviously the ground itself. I love the hell out of it.
  • I’m all about Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice at the moment. I’m bad at it and it’s really freakin’ hard but I’m loving it. Just wish I had more time right now to really dig into it and get the mechanics down. It’s definitely not for everyone, but it’s so good. 
  • DaveyMac said:
    I’m all about Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice at the moment. I’m bad at it and it’s really freakin’ hard but I’m loving it. Just wish I had more time right now to really dig into it and get the mechanics down. It’s definitely not for everyone, but it’s so good. 
    Did you play dark souls? Is it pretty similar (I know it's from the same creator). If so I am all in cause Dark Souls 1 and 3 are both on my short list of greatest games of all time. 
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Wife and I ended up at Brash Brewery Saturday night here in Houston and we beat The Simpsons arcade, which was super satisfying.  Also played some Bubble "MacGyver" Hockey and that was super fun too.  I miss the good ol' arcade action.  

HatorianMurderbearFreddyDaveyMac
  • @asmallcat Yeah Dark Souls is my favorite game of all time and I love the whole series as well as Bloodborne. And even after having played the hell out of those games, this game is a struggle. But for me that’s not a bad thing.

The mechanics of combat are different and it’s more punishing. This has more of a hurdle to get over in the beginning, and since there’s no online component you can’t summon others in to help with bosses. So there’s not a lot in the way of alleviating difficulty. But as with the other games when you do succeed, it’s immensely satisfying. And I’m just now getting into the rhythm of it all. 

For some differences, there’s no leveling like in the Souls games. But there are skills trees, which are incredibly useful when you start unlocking them. There are no classes either but there is flexibility with the tools provided to you. 

It’s also a much more straightforward game narratively and the tutorial aspects and systems are much more clearly laid out than in their other games. And they even give you means for practicing new moves and stuff. 

Even though it’s more straightforward, it’s still got heaps of great world-building and mystery built into it with some really interesting mechanics, which is a FROM staple at this point.

Oh and you can jump and swim now. And the verticality of the level design is awesome.

I’m leaving out a lot, but it’s maybe too much to put in a forum post.
  • DaveyMac said:

Oh and you can jump and swim now. And the verticality of the level design is awesome.

What is this blasphemy?! Also, what, you don't consider the akward running and double-button tapping or stick-clicking to get a whole 6 inches of vertical true jumping? Casual =P

I ordered the game yesterday lol. From has earned that from me by putting out game after game that I love. I have faith in them. 
    DaveyMac
  • Haha! The amount of time I spent trying to jump in Blighttown for some of those items...

Hope you enjoy Sekiro as much I as I am. I’m really starting to get the hang of it.
  • edited March 2019
    Borderlands 3. In my mind for the moment, of course, but at least it doesn't lag there (unlike today's presentation).
    TxSandMan
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    I'm definitely ready for a new Borderlands. So many hours playing 2 and there hasn't been a loot shooter as good since.
  • Crossing my fingers this game is a step up from 2014's Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. It wasn't a bad game but of the three Borderlands games, 2 was definitely the standout. So much goodness there.
    Crossing my fingers this game is a step up from 2014's Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. It wasn't a bad game but of the three Borderlands games, 2 was definitely the standout. So much goodness there.

That game was made by a different studio so hopefully this will be a lot more like 2 than presequel. Those low gravity and oxygen mechanics were really terrible. 
  • I've fad up of shooting games that's why I am playing online girls games with my daughter. However, I also love to play unturned, Rage 2, Residential Evil 2 and OverCooked 2!. But for some mental relief, it is better to play girl dressing games. 
    cdriveFreddy
    I have been playing a ton of Assassin's Creed Odyssey. It's great. I think I might prefer Origins but this one has been pretty damn good so far. I've been hunting down some legendary animals recently. Sorry @CretanBull, I just took down your namesake! 
    CretanBullrusskelly
  • Why'd you have to do me like that? :( 
    Murderbear
  • I busted out the classic NES and SNES’s recently (introducing my 5yo to Mario) and I’ve been playing the hell outta some Zelda and SMB3. Beat those 2 and now I’m working on A Link to the Past. One of my all-time favs. These damn games are harder now than they were back then!!!
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    I busted out the classic NES and SNES’s recently (introducing my 5yo to Mario) and I’ve been playing the hell outta some Zelda and SMB3. Beat those 2 and now I’m working on A Link to the Past. One of my all-time favs. These damn games are harder now than they were back then!!!
    No love for Zelda 2? The all time underrated game.
  • Freddy said:
    I busted out the classic NES and SNES’s recently (introducing my 5yo to Mario) and I’ve been playing the hell outta some Zelda and SMB3. Beat those 2 and now I’m working on A Link to the Past. One of my all-time favs. These damn games are harder now than they were back then!!!
    No love for Zelda 2? The all time underrated game.
    I have tried to get into that game so many times. Maybe I’ll give it one more go after ALttP
  • Because I can't stop from deciding to play an all waking hours consuming game I just got into Stellaris.
    Murderbear
    I've been playing Outer Wilds and it is really something special. You're flying around a pretty small, super dense and tightly crafted solar system trying to figure out a mystery and what happened to this precursor race that left notes and logs and stuff around the system. I can't remember the last time a game stayed in my head like this. If you like the idea of exploring a mystery cruising through space in a little makeshift ship your friend built you should play it without being spoiled on any of it cause even the basic gameplay loop is sort of a spoiler. It's hard to talk around it so much but it's so good I just want everybody to play it.

Murderbear
    I've been playing Outer Wilds and it is really something special. You're flying around a pretty small, super dense and tightly crafted solar system trying to figure out a mystery and what happened to this precursor race that left notes and logs and stuff around the system. I can't remember the last time a game stayed in my head like this. If you like the idea of exploring a mystery cruising through space in a little makeshift ship your friend built you should play it without being spoiled on any of it cause even the basic gameplay loop is sort of a spoiler. It's hard to talk around it so much but it's so good I just want everybody to play it.

I am desperately hoping that comes to ps4 soon. It looks awesome!!
    bizmarkiefaderBroRad33

I am desperately hoping that comes to ps4 soon. It looks awesome!!
    Damn, I didn't realize it wasn't on PS4 yet. I have it on the PC through the Epic store, it sounds like its a timed exclusive for Microsoft and Epic but will be coming to Steam and PS4 eventually. That's a bummer.
  • took the $1 Xbox Gamepass deal. going through a ton of games that i just couldnt justify actually buying. plus some old 360 games like oblivion. 
    Murderbear
  • Hatorian said:
    took the $1 Xbox Gamepass deal. going through a ton of games that i just couldnt justify actually buying. plus some old 360 games like oblivion. 
    Oblivion is so good
    Hatorian
    Oblivion is awesome. Report back on how it holds up. I'm curious after 13 years of Bethesda RPGs iterating on that formula how it is going back.

Also, play Outer Wilds! It's on game pass.
    HatorianFreddy
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Pokémon Go in a jacuzzi. 
    CapeGabeFreddy
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited July 2019
    Golf Club 2019

Rededicated myself to golf this year, and anyone who plays golf and video games knows all too well: the golf bug leads directly to the newest golf video game.

Great game so far, but pretty high learning curve (For new players. Luckily for me it's similar enough to the original Golf Club, and I got pretty decent at that). It's hard enough that it actually tracks your handicap, and there are hardcore fans that can't shoot par on a course. On the plus side: making a really great putt or holing out from off the green is almost as satisfying as in real life.
  • The Witcher 3 is fantastic, can't believe I waited so long to start the game.

I'm reading the books simultaneously and having that background lore enriches the world.

I hope the guys do coverage (even Bald Move TV style) of the Netflix series.
    Murderbearbizmarkiefaderrusskelly
  • Anyone still playing Apex? Not really feeling the New Character, but its still early in season 2.