So how is GOT gonna end?

Comments

• FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited March 2019
    Jim and A. Ron should both craft detailed theories on the ending and then debate them. None of this "well it could end this way" crap. Pick an ending, and defend it like it already happened. Sort of like how politicians and pundents say what the results of legislation will be.
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Ok another dumb idea cause I’m loaded with them. I’d love to see all the characters, dead and alive finish us off with a Rockettes-style kick line.  
    CeciliaM
    cdrive said:
    Ok another dumb idea cause I’m loaded with them. I’d love to see all the characters, dead and alive finish us off with a Rockettes-style kick line.  
    This guy is a dead ringer for Russell Markert if I've ever seen one:

cdriveTravis
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    ^this guy gets it
    Travis
  • Freddy said:
    Jim and A. Ron should both craft detailed theories on the ending and then debate them. None of this "well it could end this way" crap. Pick an ending, and defend it like it already happened. Sort of like how politicians and pundents say what the results of legislation will be.
    A QYP for GOT?
    FreddytpelzyTravis
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Working theory - ice could be the sword that has to be reforged from Widow’s Wail and Oathkeeper but can only be done so with dragon fire - creating Lightbringer? 
    Makes sense. And the numbers don’t matter. Kill the Night King and all that he created shatters, which is every white walker/wight. 
  • Rewatching Season 7 with my GF in preparation for Season 8, and I think i missed it the 1st two pervious times i watched the season, but Tyrion has a lot more angst than i remembered about Dany and her actions, which makes no sense, he Burned 1000s of people at Blackwater with wildfire but gets all nervous about how she burned the tarlys. Him and varys talking about trying to controll her, the boat scene. Just seems like a lot of foreshadowing for him and her having an issue at some point. I dont like it.
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    I read an interesting speculation that the Song of Ice and Fire is really a song, and not Dany or Jon, etc. And that the song defeats the white walkers. It does make me laugh to imagine who would be seeing this song? Dear god don't let it be Ed Sheeran!!
    The finale's a musical?  :o
    Travis
  • Serious comment here sorry:  I think I have proof that Gendry is the legitimate son of Robert & Cercei...why would Lord Arryn ask Gendry what his mother looked like? It seems as though all the other bastards he looked after that he was simply asking about their needs...but with Gendry it seems more is going on, like he had just tracked him down.  I just can’t think of a reason why Lord Arryn would be needing information about Gendry’s mom if he already knew who his mom was?

Definately think Cercei had his death faked but couldn’t bring herself to actually do the deed
    BroRad33jenetee
    In the article linked below Maisie Williams said, “After reading the scripts I went back and watched season one again because so much of it refers back to that season. There are so many scenes that will look similar. And also I watched just to remind myself of the arc I’ve taken already. I wanted Arya to go full circle and try for some kind of normalcy like when she was younger.”

I already did a rewatch of all seasons but now I’m thinking of watching season one again.

Any thoughts what specifically she’s referring to?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.indiewire.com/2019/03/maisie-williams-game-of-thrones-final-season-refers-season-1-rewatch-1202053569/amp/
  • I could see Brienne having a scene where where she tells Arya to run away like Syrio Forel in season one. I hope Brienne doesn't have to die though. 
    Just rewatched season one episode one. In the opening scene north of the wall there is definitely a white walker GIRL. Blue eyes leave no doubt. I never noticed before. 
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Just rewatched season one episode one. In the opening scene north of the wall there is definitely a white walker GIRL. Blue eyes leave no doubt. I never noticed before. 
    Do you mean the little girl, the one that was on the tree at first?  She's a wight.
    You’re right @Cory. It goes to show it’s been TOO LONG since last season. 
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    So, the thing that I still wonder about and assume we won't get an answer on, what happened to the baby The Night King turned into a White Walker in season 4? Like, do they age normally? Faster? Is it sitting back at the home base in case The Night King dies and then he mounts his own attack the next time another Long Night rolls around in a thousand years or so?
    CorybudesignsCeciliaM
  • budesignsbudesigns Tega Cay, SC
    So, the thing that I still wonder about and assume we won't get an answer on, what happened to the baby The Night King turned into a White Walker in season 4? Like, do they age normally? Faster? Is it sitting back at the home base in case The Night King dies and then he mounts his own attack the next time another Long Night rolls around in a thousand years or so?
    Yeah, I've been wondering that. Presumably, the Craster Crew has made many sacrifices over the years. How long does it take them to grow up into big, bad WWs?

If we're lucky, they'll do a spin-off to really flesh out these answers ... Night King's School For Boys — Whitewalker Academy. 
    MurderbearCeciliaM
    Yes!!
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    budesigns said:
    Yeah, I've been wondering that. Presumably, the Craster Crew has made many sacrifices over the years. How long does it take them to grow up into big, bad WWs?

If we're lucky, they'll do a spin-off to really flesh out these answers ... Night King's School For Boys — Whitewalker Academy. 
    Craster bragged to Jeor that he had 99 sons.
    Murderbear
  • tpelzytpelzy Dallas
    edited April 2019
    @Murderbear I think we will probably get those answers. My whole theory of the ending kinda hinges on the idea that WWs are people too and our heroes will need to come to believe that somehow. 
  • I am starting to wonder how much understanding of the White Walkers and the Night King we are going to get in season 8, someone at work was saying they have to leave questions for the prequel, and it really got me thinking, will we find out their motivations, and even if we do, will it be sort of vague, I am on the bandwagon that someone might have to take the night king’s place, but I am really starting to think they will leave a lot unanswered questions, that they will then be answered by the prequels.

Me thinking out loud - the last time Ned spoke to Jon in season one he said, "I'll tell you about your mother next time I see you." Will Ned return in some magical/fantasy/dream sequence way and tell Jon the truth?
  • @Teresa from Concord I think there's a better chance we may see Sean Bean again for a different reason. It feels like bad storytelling to have Bran and Sam go on a whole arc to find out about Jon only to have Ned swoop down from the afterlife to relay that info.  

• BroRad33 said:

I am starting to wonder how much understanding of the White Walkers and the Night King we are going to get in season 8, someone at work was saying they have to leave questions for the prequel, ...

They may leave some questions, but I believe the show is going to give us the five w's on the WWs. I very much expect to know how new WWs are made for instance. 
  • tpelzytpelzy Dallas
    edited April 2019
    Just in case you weren't shook today here's another teaser trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwmAWOE5F9o
    Freddy
    edited April 2019
    tpelzy said:

Well, Hell (the frozen over variety, apparently)...
    Teresa from Concord
    tpelzy said:

A hand in the snow is worth two in the...what the hell was that? More excited every day.
  • lolz:

Murderbearcdrivetpelzytelephoneofmadness
  • So can the Night King resurrect wights south of the wall?

edited April 2019
    I bet he can now that the wall has been breached. Also, watching The Door again last night made me realize how disappointed I am in The Children of the Forest. You created him, why is he sooooo much stronger than you? He can resurrect a seemingly endless amount of people, break your little pathetic forcefield in the cave, mark people while they are in the World Wide Weirwood network...it's crazy how powerful he is now. And what do you have? Some grenades? That's some weak sauce.
    Teresa from ConcordBroRad33