What music are you streaming?

Comments

• kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    Best hall of fame moment is when the Grateful Dead were in and Jerry didn’t show. The band brought a cardboard cut out of Jerry to replace him.
    Fuck The Hall Of Fame! But I don’t begrudge bands who want to be in it.

• Travis said:
    I tried out the new Jenny Lewis, but I couldn't stop thinking "don't we have Aimee Mann for this kind of thing?" Can't get past it. Actually ended up listening to one of her records (after detouring through a shit ton of John Vanderslice).
    It has moments where it has this like 70's Dylan vibe, which I dig, but overall it's more misses than hits and the lyrics leave a little to be desired. I haven't really gotten into anything she's done since More Adventurous though.
    CecilyTravis
  • Okay, I have to do another shameless plug!

So the rocksteady/reggae band I am in and have mentioned before have FINALLY started migrating to the streaming services. No more Bandcamp links! Ha! So if you feel like checking it out on your favorite service, I would VERY much appreciate it! We're on Apple Music, Spotify and Google Play.

Newport Secret Six
    Congrats! Came right up with "Newport s" ;)

"One Step Beyond!!!"
    Murderbear
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    Billie Eilish new album is firrrrrrreeeeee.
    TravisChinaskiCretanBullDaveyMacdarwinfeeshy
  • I think I'm going to do a bunch of Daniel Rossen stuff today now that I've gone through a couple podcasts. Starting with Department of Eagles then maybe a run or two through his solo ep, and some Grizzly Bear. That dude is just fantastic.
    Chinaski
  • I know I've said it before, but I really can't recommend Fionn Regan's The End of History enough for some quality folky goodness. His other stuff is good, but can be kind of patchy. That record is really fantastic though. 
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    I don't know much about this singer but I'm way into this song

• cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited April 2019
    John Cougar - Hurt So Good 

Ginuwine - Pony
    Travis
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited April 2019
    It's funny, I somehow made it out of the 90s not having heard of Ginuine and thought he was a fictional person that Parks and Rec made up. It was one of the better "head scratchers" over the course of my marriage when I told my wife, actually played out quite a bit like my wife in the Tom role and me in the Ann role of the conversation in the show (minus the over the top outrage on Tom's part).

@bizmarkiefader Thanks for tossing that up. I'm going to give her/them a shot today. Cool tune.
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    haven't listened to Sufjan Stevens - Illinois in awhile so decided to throw it on. going perfect with today's gloomy weather. still love this album and can't believe it's almost 14 years old!

TravisfidozMurderbear
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited April 2019
    I personalized a Pandora station years ago based on the old new wave and 'modern rock' of the mid-through-late '80s and very early '90s, in the style of the old 'classic' Live105 (San Francisco radio station).  I'm listening to that today and longing for those carefree years spent in the Bay Area!   Do any of my Cali friends remember the station from back then?  It's so different now, but from like '85 - '92 they had the *best* lineup of music and dj's.  I still have a soft spot for Steve Masters. 
    TravisChinaski
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited April 2019
    I don't think I know that station, but I'm probably a little far south, and I never did a ton with the radio (in my town all of the good stations had crappy reception so it never really felt like an option). Sounds like a good one though. Perhaps a little KROQ north? or maybe like the LA area 90s iteration of 107.1 which was doing a sort of college rock thing for a bit before turning into yet another goddamn pop country station and breaking everyone's heart?

Germane to nothing, going out on a limb here and gonna say something controversial. Kid A: pretty good record.
    @Travis it's very KROQ.  What part of Cali are you in?  For some reason I was thinking you were near Sacramento.  I dunno why.
    oh yeah! big shout out to Live 105 in the late 80's n 90's! pretty sure we've discussed several Bay Area radio stations from back in the day!
    Michelle
    Chinaski said:
    oh yeah! big shout out to Live 105 in the late 80's n 90's! pretty sure we've discussed several Bay Area radio stations from back in the day!
    I think we did but they can never get enough love from me for those years.  Steve Masters, Big Rick Stewart, Roland West, Mark Hamilton (and his British accent) and Alex Bennett in the morning.  Loved it!
  • mtron32mtron32 San Diego
    edited April 2019
    I've been streaming Gostemane most of the week:

https://youtu.be/31j4DIpgY9U
    Murderbear
  • @Michelle I live in Ventura County. I was raised in Camarillo, but over the course of my life I think I've lived in all of the major towns in the county aside from Ojai and Santa Paula. I have family up in and near Redding and I've mentioned spots up there a few times. Maybe that is where the disconnect came from.
    Michelle
    edited April 2019
    If anyone still listens to Pandora, this is the station I mentioned yesterday.  https://www.pandora.com/station/2355216376996434682
    The Sundays - Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic
    One of my favorites of all time. :heart:
    amyja89 said:
    Billie Eilish new album is firrrrrrreeeeee.
    first artist born In the 2000s to hit no. 1.
    Travis
    I'm back to my Classic Live105 station.  No boss and office to myself = Chelle singing along with the music turned up.  :grin:
    Travis
    Fiona Apple - Tidal
    TravisMurderbear
  • Michelle said:
    Fiona Apple - Tidal
    Nice! She's awesome. I need to dust off Extraordinary Machine again sometime soon.
    Michelle
    Travis said:
    Michelle said:
    Fiona Apple - Tidal
    Nice! She's awesome. I need to dust off Extraordinary Machine again sometime soon.
    I might need to listen to that one.  I was only really ever into this first album of hers.  When it was released I just fell in love with it and still have such a soft spot for it.  I agree, she is awesome and very talented.
    Travis
  • I like that one a lot. It's definitely different than the first two, (quite possibly because that's where she stopped working with Jon Brion (not that I see that as a good thing, per say, Jon Brion is great, but it's a thing that happened), but it's really good. I absolutely love the last track, Better Than Fine. Just a nice, feel good tune.
    Michelle
    I may listen to it tomorrow morning.  I think my favorite track on this first album is Sullen Girl'or maybe The First Taste.  Sullen Girl is so great to sing along to though, although not the most upbeat of lyrics.
    Travis
  • Michelle said:
    I may listen to it tomorrow morning.  I think my favorite track on this first album is Sullen Girl'or maybe The First Taste.  Sullen Girl is so great to sing along to though, although not the most upbeat of lyrics.
    It's tough. She has so many good ones. Gun to my head, I think I would take On the Bound, the opener from When the Pawn, but man that's a tough choice.
    Michelle
    edited April 2019
    I just heard about this artist last night.  I don't think he's widely known but he's very, very good.  He reminds me so much of Damien Rice ( :heart: ).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzKdPxq3LKU
    This is such a beautiful cover!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUzxFixGDHQ

in an electro synth pop mood, so threw on some Cut Copy - In Ghost Colours. such a fun album. i saw em live last year and they absolutely killed it. felt like i was transported into the 80's.