So how is GOT gonna end?

Comments

• CoryCory New Scotland
     And what do you have? Some grenades? That's some weak sauce.
    And they're just pumpkin grenades they borrowed from the Green Goblin.
  • tpelzytpelzy Dallas
    redlancer said:
    lolz:

People who can act that well scare me lol 
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Part of me thought No way Maisie is for real, and yet part of me was scared shitless for her. I bet HBO had half their legal papers already filed. 
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    edited April 4
    Watching Hardhome for the first time in a verrry long time. Wow, I forgot about the snow storm they roll in and instantly turn thousands of living, breathing people into wights. (Or just killed them and then he raised them? Hard to tell since it was behind the gate) I'm guessing they could do that since there were four of them together? Some kind of combined power effort? This dude is OP as hell.

This final season is going to be nuts.
  • edited April 4
    I bet he can now that the wall has been breached. Also, watching The Door again last night made me realize how disappointed I am in The Children of the Forest. You created him, why is he sooooo much stronger than you? He can resurrect a seemingly endless amount of people, break your little pathetic forcefield in the cave, mark people while they are in the World Wide Weirwood network...it's crazy how powerful he is now. And what do you have? Some grenades? That's some weak sauce.

Because...

Bran is his lifeforce 10,000 years in the future after warging backwards to try to stop the COTF from creating WW’s and failing and getting trapped as a WW for all that time...

i hope this this theory is wrong b/c it’s the saddest most depressing thing to ever do to a character.

Edit:  I know it’s silly to have all these spoiler tags in here but if I didn’t already know that theory, I wouldn’t want to hear it

• HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    I bet he can now that the wall has been breached. Also, watching The Door again last night made me realize how disappointed I am in The Children of the Forest. You created him, why is he sooooo much stronger than you? He can resurrect a seemingly endless amount of people, break your little pathetic forcefield in the cave, mark people while they are in the World Wide Weirwood network...it's crazy how powerful he is now. And what do you have? Some grenades? That's some weak sauce.
    I thought they always could and that’s why the north burns bodies. 
    There was something about the magic of The Wall that kept all that business beyond its border. But I guess a lot of people think that because the NW brought that very first guy in that awoke and attacked Mormont in themselves, he was able to pass through?

This is a very cool theory that that first wight that attacked Mormont was actually orchestrated by the Three Eyed Raven. And if you read the evidence, it's pretty compelling. https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/5m9pnd/spoilers_main_the_wight_strikes/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app
  • tpelzytpelzy Dallas
    @Murderbear I think there's a ton of stuff with Bran, the Children, and the Three Eyed Raven that will happen in the books that we're not gonna see in the show. I had a theory that might only be 1/2 right. It's that the Children have a really long con master plan to get humans out of Westeros. And basically everything that happens with dreams, visions, and warging is the Children trying to influence humanity. 
    Murderbear
  • jluzaniajluzania Denver
    edited April 10
    I've decided I'm agreeing with the idea of the height of Bran's powers involves him wrestling control of Viserion from the Night King in a critical moment, probably right as the wights reach him and kill him. 

I'm also going to predict that Beric's theory about killing the Night King ends everything only applies to wights because that will allow me to stick with the Night King dying but the other White Walkers surviving for a new pact between WWs and humanity. And that one of the final scenes of the show will be humans (including both Westerosi and wildlings) and WWs working together to bring down the rest of the Wall.

tpelzy
    edited April 9
    I still hope that when it's all said and done, the Night King and his army are gone, Cersei is out of the way, Dany or Jon has started a new world with a new type of leadership and there is peace across Westeros, the final shot is of a cackling evil baby White Walker back at the Night King's hideout, plotting the next one.
  • I have the same reaction to Sam that A.Ron has to Tormund.  

• Yall got anymore of them little finger theories.
    (Not a spoiler, i mean not unless this guy is a genius. I found this super interesting despite being farfetched.) 
  • "We like Jaime."
    "Jaime has suffered enough."

Can't believe the podcast was defending this Bran-pushing, Ned-fighting monster.
    Murderbear
    edited April 11
    "We like Jaime."

Can't believe the podcast was defending this Bran-pushing, Ned-fighting monster.
    Yeah, his character has been compelling at times and his time with Brienne showed us he's MAYBE not all bad. His time with Edmure Tully also showed us that he would sooner launch a baby in a catapult at the walls of Riverrun just to get back to Cersei sooner. And I bet he would have. He even threw another "the things we do for love" into that conversation for good measure. Sounds like a greeeeat guy!
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    "We like Jaime."

His time with Edmure Tully also showed us that he would sooner launch a baby in a catapult at the walls of Riverrun just to get back to Cersei sooner. And I bet he would have.
    I've really came around on Jaime since the, and including, the season  finale.

I don't think he had any intention of catapulting Edmure's baby into Riverrun, he just took advantage of the reputation he had.

I still think he needs to die, though.
    Doctor_Nick
  • I haven't listened to the latest podcast yet but re: Jaime,...Many people praise Jaime's character arc. Jaime's is really well done but I prefer Theon's as I think it's more genuine. 

Hard to compare are the two, because screen time alone is far from equal, let alone character exposition. But I think Theon comes from a purer heart, and a much, much steeper climb. 
    djcaudle01
  • AjasAjas Seattle, WA
    Here's how I would love to see Cersei/The Mountain storyline to wrap up.  First of all, obviously the Clegane Bowl has to happen, and it plays out like the Black Knight scene from Monty Python's Holy Grail, the Mountain having all his limbs cut off.

But he can't die!  So one of the episodes is a reprise of Johnny Got His Gun from 1971, with The Mountain as Johnny, Cersei as his nurse, and The Hound as father who drops by every once in a while to hector him.  If you haven't seen the movie, Wikipedia has a good plot synopsis:

edited April 12
    Jesus. That sounds like a fun movie!
  • Anybody in the UK just watch the graham norton show? I think kit harrington just gave away his fate. 
    The one in the teaser? 
    stephen.jones44
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited April 13
    That sounds like the plot of the documentary about a man's life they showed us in philosophy class.  Dax Cowart, about an All American, football player, fighter pilot type who got horribly burned due to a propane gas accident looking at real estate in the 1970s.  He consistently tried to refuse treatment right after the accident, they treated him, he survived though it was horribly painful.  He was blind, had hearing loos but able to walk and speak, and became a lawyer, always believing and advocating that he should have been allowed to refuse care.  

Ajas said:
    Here's how I would love to see Cersei/The Mountain storyline to wrap up.  First of all, obviously the Clegane Bowl has to happen, and it plays out like the Black Knight scene from Monty Python's Holy Grail, the Mountain having all his limbs cut off.

But he can't die!  So one of the episodes is a reprise of Johnny Got His Gun from 1971, with The Mountain as Johnny, Cersei as his nurse, and The Hound as father who drops by every once in a while to hector him.  If you haven't seen the movie, Wikipedia has a good plot synopsis:

• The one in the teaser? 
    Oh good, thank you @Murderbear. I thought i had just been spoiled.  
    Murderbear
    No problem! I had a worry too that was the case and I saw someone mention it on Twitter and was instantly relieved.
    stephen.jones44
    I took this picture on a trip last week. Decided to make it Into a meme for GOT...

Murderbearcdrive
    Big fan of Bill Simmons and listen to all his sports podcasts. But all his entertainment podcasts outside of rewatchables are pretty lame.

so his latest sports podcast he does the typical advertisement and has the nerve to say they have the best GOT podcast....last i checked bald move owns the best GOT podcast. Even without the commercial backing and social media clout, Bald Move still has the best podcast. no offense to the ringer but they are by far number 2. I’m sure the podcast numbers will prove this as well over the coming weeks. 
  • Quick guesses:

Seeing Jaime will be traumatizing enough that it restores some of Bran's humanity.

Jaime will have a short heart to heart with Jon after everyone learns about Jon's parentage. He can relate. 

One of the reasons Arya is genuinely freaking out in that trailer: Hodor the wight
  • Does this make sense?

Game of Thrones dead pool!

Here’s how it would work. You pick a character for $5 (multiple picks are encouraged) and guess on which remaining episode they will die (episode 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6). Payouts will be as follows:

All players who picked the right character/episode match will split the prize pool for that character. (Meaning If five people bet on Tyrion and only two guess the right episode, the two players split the $25 Tyrion pool). If you guess the wrong episode, either too early or too late, you forfeit your money.

If the character *doesn’t* die, the prize money gets put into a general pool that will be split evenly amongst all of the pool participants at the end of the season (not just those who chose that character).

The character has to actually die on screen and any judgements thereof will be made by me (who will not be participating to make things fair).

• tpelzytpelzy Dallas
    This theory perfectly fits all of the points from my original post. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_0ag77_HG4

I don't believe it lol, but it definitely works with the themes of the books and show. It also would be a very satisfying, non-tropey ending, at least for me. 

1. You literally can't get any further from Tolkien than by making your Big Bad also one of the protagonists of the story. 

2. It doesn't involve killing the Nightking in some final climactic battle. Btw, if that's what we end up getting I'm going to be genuinely bored and let down. 

3. It totally humanizes the Others in a tragic way. 

4. Call that shit cranberry juice cause it's bittersweet af. 

5. If Bran is also the Last Hero that could maybe explain why humanity defeated the WWs without totally destroying them. Imagine how many things Bran might have to try to fix the timeline. 

One caveat to all the "Bran to the Future" theories is that the do kind of rob the story of it's significance. Think of all the characters who've died, sacrificed and done terrible things just so Bran could snap his fingers and fix it all in the end.

Another caveat, GOT seems to have a particular kind of time travel. Someone should ask GRRM what he thinks about solutions to the Grandfather Paradox. I bet he doesn't think any of them are valid. As the 3ER said, “The Past is Already Written. The Ink is Dry. So any actions that a time traveler does have always already happened. To put it in a more confusing way, if Bran goes back in time to kill himself, then how can he be alive to go back in time to kill himself?  To put it simply there's a chain of dominoes that would bring Bran to point were he can travel to the past, but he can't move any of those dominoes without breaking logic or the fabric of the universe. (It could be the case that D&D don't care about any of this or don't have enough details to make a logical ending involving time travel. Hopefully GRRM laid it all out for them.) I would love to see a time travel theory does work logically.