Positivity! aka the good vibes thread

Comments

• I realize there are millions of adorable kid videos but this was too much

Michelle
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Oh, when he hugs the other toddler... :heart:
    I love this so much.  If we could all go through life with hearts and minds like this.  One love for everyone.
  • I've started my first week of finance a course through Harvard Business Online (obviously their requirements aren't terribly stringent, Ha!) and I had a lot of fun with the first week's coursework. It's all pretty exciting. We took 14 mystery balance sheets (by percentage) and had to assign them by a list of companies from different industries and taught us how to work through it. Then we looked at a company over 5 years and had to try to divine what was going on within them. It's pretty fascinating. Very cool format where you watch a short video of conceptual teaching (1-3 minutes) and that leads to a bit of written info and a question is posed that you give your thoughts on and read the thoughts of your fellow students, and you basically move through in that format. Very cool way to learn. I'm really psyched (though I'm a little nervous about the quiz for the week, one concern that I have about learning this way is it's great to grab concepts, but if they test on details I'm not sure how cemented they are becoming for me).

Yay learning!
    adobo1148MurderbearrusskellyMichelleKate23Freddy
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Agent Jay from the LEGENDARY band The Slackers is somehow mixing our next record and he gave us a little shout out. Kinda pooing my pants right now ha

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10218286508664933&id=1557577695&ref=m_notif&notif_t=page_post_reaction
    MichelleKate23TravisGredalBeecdriverusskelly
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Today I was making my online monthly payment of my student loans for $128 and I saw the remaining balance was $351.  I didn’t realize it had dwindled down so close to the finish line so I zeroed it out.  Finally paid off all my student loan debt and it feels sooooooo damn good. Only took about a decade but hey it’s done.  *sighhhhh*. 
    MichelleMurderbearChinaskiDeeKate23TravisCeciliaMFreddy
    cdrive said:
    Today I was making my online monthly payment of my student loans for $128 and I saw the remaining balance was $351.  I didn’t realize it had dwindled down so close to the finish line so I zeroed it out.  Finally paid off all my student loan debt and it feels sooooooo damn good. Only took about a decade but hey it’s done.  *sighhhhh*. 
    That's awesome!  Congrats!  :)
    cdrive
  • cdrive said:
    That's awesome, man! Congrats!
    cdrive
  • Last week I misread "a competitive banking show" when someone posted about a "competitive baking show."

In other news: does anyone know how to set up a pitch meeting with Hulu for a new project I'm developing called "Cash Them Checks"?
    MichellecdriveCeciliaM
    Woke up to snow-covered everything this morning!  This almost never happens here!  :)
    MurderbearTravis
    edited February 10
    Snow on the beach in Northern Cali this morning (not my photo):

..and a video of snow on the beach in Oregon (not near me, just thought it was beautiful):

https://www.facebook.com/CannonBeachPropertyManagement/videos/1076728182534269/

JoshuaHeterTravis
    edited March 4
    Two young girls, 5 and 8, were found alive and safe this morning after disappearing for 44 hours in the southern Humboldt wilderness.  They live close to the forested area, which extends for many, many miles around them.  They had asked their mom if they could take a walk; she said no, then realized after a little while that they were gone.  A massive search and rescue operation had been in effect since early Friday evening, and the girls were found this morning by two guys from a local volunteer fire dept.  Everyone up here is breathing a *huge* sigh of relief.  Hug your babies a little tighter today!  :heart:

https://www.facebook.com/brianna.finney.9/videos/1751033411663988/

cdriveChinaskiMurderbearKate23
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Michelle said:
    Two young girls, 5 and 8, were found alive and safe this morning after disappearing for 44 hours in the southern Humboldt wilderness.  They live close to the forested area, which extends for many, many miles around them.  They had asked their mom if they could take a walk; she said no, then realized after a little while that they were gone.  A massive search and rescue operation had been in effect since early Friday evening, and the girls were found this morning by two guys from a local volunteer fire dept.  Everyone up here is breathing a *huge* sigh of relief.  Hug your babies a little tighter today!  :heart:

https://www.facebook.com/brianna.finney.9/videos/1751033411663988/

i read about this in the AM. glad those little girls were found safe <3
    MichelleMurderbear
  • cdrive said:
    That's amazing. I did not know that it was even possible to pay off one's student loans. LOL
    cdrive
    My boss is out of town all week, it's a quiet and non stressful Monday, and life is good despite the heavy rain we're getting today.  It's a great positive start to the week!  :)    Happy Monday, everyone.
    cdriveChinaski
    @Michelle- heavy rain? really? it's like 72 and super nice in my neck of the woods.
    Michelle
    Chinaski said:
    @Michelle- heavy rain? really? it's like 72 and super nice in my neck of the woods.
    Lucky!  I am sooooooo longing for warm, sunny weather!   *daydreaming of a tropical island*  :sunglasses:
    Winner winner chicken dinner!
    I played this Game of Thrones slot machine at Harrah’s Kansas City where I’m staying tonight and I turned 20 bux into almost 50 bux.

”When you play the Game of Thrones, you either win or you die.”

MichelleChinaski
    cdrive said:
    I played this Game of Thrones slot machine at Harrah’s Kansas City where I’m staying tonight and I turned 20 bux into almost 50 bux.

Congrats!  Time for a great bbq dinner. :) :tongue:
    cdrive
    edited April 12
    Michelle said:
    cdrive said:

Congrats!  Time for a great bbq dinner. :) :tongue:
    I could take you thru my plates at their buffet cause it was the jam.  A brisket slice and a roasted jalepeno (plate 1). Peel n eat shrimps (getting fancy plate 2) btw these are classy portioned plates. Ok plate 3 was some egg rolls w/ Chinese mustard and crab rangoon w/ sweet n sour. Boom chocolate mouse pie! I pimp walked out of that place. 
    MichelleChinaskiCeciliaM
    edited April 12
    After a long week that's been kind of up and down with personal/life stuff, someone paid it forward to me at Starbucks this morning.  I thought that was super sweet & generous.  They had no idea what was going on personally with me (despite it being a breezy work week, the life stuff kind of kicked my butt emotionally), so for all they knew they were just doing a 'pay it forward' without knowing that it made my heart smile.  I'm going to pay it forward the next time I'm in line for something (maybe today's lunch?).  Plus it's Friday; I'm housesitting for my boss again this weekend, so I get a little 'escape' out of town (they live more rural, in the hills); and I got a sweet text from my youngest niece that made my heart smile even more.  So it's a pretty positive end to the week/start of the weekend.  :)    I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend.  :)
    cdriveChinaski
    cdrive said:
    I could take you thru my plates at their buffet cause it was the jam.  A brisket slice and a roasted jalepeno (plate 1). Peel n eat shrimps (getting fancy plate 2) btw these are classy portioned plates. Ok plate 3 was some egg rolls w/ Chinese mustard and crab rangoon w/ sweet n sour. Boom chocolate mouse pie! I pimp walked out of that place. 
    Living your best life in Kansas City!  All you're missing is a good bourbon! :)
    cdrive
  • I think I just found my last meal

cdriveChinaski
    adobo1148 said:
    I think I just found my last meal

Hell yes. Look me up if you’re ever in Houston.  We’ll hook you up. I’ll get it. This is a birthday dish, but it’s always someone’s birthday somewhere.
    Chinaski
    edited May 5
    (bumped)
    I love getting a sweet fortune at the right time.  Loving this special girls weekend with my nieces. :heart:

Chinaski
    Michelle said:
    I love getting a sweet fortune at the right time.  Loving this special girls weekend with my nieces. :heart:

now the question is.. what did you get from Panda Express? shout out Orange Chicken!
    Michelle
    Chinaski said:
    Michelle said:

now the question is.. what did you get from Panda Express? shout out Orange Chicken!
    That’s what I got! 
    Chinaski
    shout out to all Bald Move Moms. whether it be members, wives, sisters, aunts, or any mom you're close to. treat yourself today, you deserve it!
    MichelleDeeFreddycdrive
    Super proud auntie - thanks @Chinaski! :smile:
    Happy Mothers/aunties/grandmas/sisters/bff’s as second moms Day everyone! :heart:
    Chinaski
    Can we bring this back to the top today?  The forum is a sea of people divided over Game of Thrones and politics.  It would be nice to hear (read) something happy!  It's awful weather here and work is a little cray right now, so I'm kind of on the struggle bus but does anyone have anything positive to share?  :smile:

Oh wait - I did book my room for my first 2 nights of summer vacation today.  I so can't wait. :smile:
    ChinaskiDee