801 - "Winterfell"

Comments

• If she just wants to be rid of Bron, why not kill him? It's not like murdering one upjumped sellword is going to destroy her reputation; she's already massacred dozens of lords and ladies. This way she's losing gold and sending a friend to her allies.
    MurderbearSanguinePenguin
  • Which, by the way, are we to understand that Cersei's having no trouble with unrest in the capital after blowing up their holy site and a bunch of important people with it? I mean, if it turns out that Macron personally lit Note Dame on fire, I don't think he's getting reelected. 

I'm going to be a bit peeved if we get to the Battle for King's Landing and this isn't even mentioned.
    Doctor_Nickmajjam0770
  • Does Cersei still care about Jaime? I can see Jaime being used to try to blackmail Cersei into helping with these wight battles. Team Dany sending ravens to King's Landing saying, "The wights are attacking X, please send troops, btw JAIME IS THERE." I hope this doesn't happen.
    Does she care about him? Sure. Would she send aide to assist him? No.

She just paid an assassin to kill him in case he survives the battle, and she already let him go off to the north by himself without sending help. Hell, she was happy when Qyburn told her that the Army of the Dead had broken through the wall, so she doesnt seem too worried about him even now.

I'm with you in hoping that doesnt happen. I dont think it will but if it did the writers would have shit the bed by contradicting themselves. I personally believe Jaime will die in the battle, so that possibility wont come up anyhow.

Yeah, if Jamie dies up North, I'm sure Cersei might shed a tear or two when she finds out.  But at this point in time, Jamie made his choice and Cersei made hers.  If Jamie came crawling back begging for forgiveness, I think Cersei would accept it and welcome him back.  But that's unlikely to happen.  And I think at this point, if Jamie had to kill Cersei to save the realm, I'm sure he would be very torn in doing so and I'm not entirely sure he could do it.
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Yeah, I thought why not kill him too but hell, why not see if you can entice him into murdering your brothers?
  • Yeah, I thought why not kill him too but hell, why not see if you can entice him into murdering your brothers?
    This. She doesn't like Bronn (in show or IRL), but he's clearly capable. Maybe he comes through, or he joins Tyrion and Jamie and dies in the north. No skin of her back from her perspective. 
    MurderbearUnderwood
  • MrX said:
    Pretty sure it's because Lena Headey and Jerome Flynn had a bad breakup years ago and don't speak to each other:

https://www.nme.com/blogs/tv-blogs/cersei-bronn-never-share-scenes-game-of-thrones-2132497

I knew he was going north because I remembered this story. I thought it was in her contract that she never had to do a scene with him. Remember last season he went to get a drink with Pod before Cesei showed up?
    Murderbeartelephoneofmadness
    CapeGabe said:
    MrX said:
    Pretty sure it's because Lena Headey and Jerome Flynn had a bad breakup years ago and don't speak to each other:

https://www.nme.com/blogs/tv-blogs/cersei-bronn-never-share-scenes-game-of-thrones-2132497

I knew he was going north because I remembered this story. I thought it was in her contract that she never had to do a scene with him. Remember last season he went to get a drink with Pod before Cesei showed up?
    Wow. I've known about this story for a long time but holy cow I didn't even think about that scene. I was watching the episode again before HBO aired the premiere and that still out as weird to me that they just randomly left. Makes sense.

Man, the gossipy side in me really wants to know what the heck could have happened that you can't even be in the same room with each other professionally.
    SanguinePenguin
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    Which, by the way, are we to understand that Cersei's having no trouble with unrest in the capital after blowing up their holy site and a bunch of important people with it? I mean, if it turns out that Macron personally lit Note Dame on fire, I don't think he's getting reelected. 

I'm going to be a bit peeved if we get to the Battle for King's Landing and this isn't even mentioned.
    Not only that, but a few surrounding city blocks were blown up and/or burned down. KL's common folk were also burned to death and/or lost their homes in this explosion, not just the Sept and a bunch of lords and ladies inside of it. That's why after the explosion you hear half the city crying out in pain and anguish.

Don't expect it to be harped on though. At this point, we're just meant to assume that she's ruling by complete and total fear, which is why her halls are dark and there is never anyone in the throne room.
    majjam0770
    a commenter on Watchers on the Wall posted this as a possible scene next week with Jaime in the Great Hall, half as a joke, but I wish it would happen now:

Opens with Jaime

-Dany: You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    -Jaime: I’m fighting for the living. By the way, I’m the only one coming
    -Sansa: Really? No one would ever have guessed
    -Tyrion: (chugs)
    -Brienne: Imma look sad
    -Jon: We need his command expertise. Hello? Dead guys coming! Are you people insane?
    -Sansa: Oh, it’s nice you took your dick out of her long enough to notice.

-Bran: My champion is fire
    -All: Wut?
    -Bran: That’s what your father said, when grandfather went to King’s Landing to get Aunt Lyanna back from Rhaegar. He agreed to trial by combat and said “My champion is fire” and roasted our grandfather alive in his armor.
    -Dany: (shows an emotion for like the third time ever)
    -Bran: My uncle was also named Bran Stark. Your father tied a cord around his neck and put a sword just out of reach. Uncle Bran strangled himself trying to get it.
    -Dany: (shows an emotion for the fourth time ever)
    -Bran: I think now is a time for forgiveness, don’t you, your grace? (Glares meaningfully at Jaime.) It’s one of the things we do for love, isn’t it, Ser Jaime?

-Jaime: (Shits himself)

SanguinePenguinBloodyTacorkcrawfTheRealCrazyDaveCeciliaM
  • Natter CastNatter Cast San Francisco, CA
    edited April 17
    Hot take: Euron is William from Westworld. He doesn't always play the cowboy game. Sometimes he plays the dragon/zombie/pirate game.

He's also the official recipient of the last fuck Cersei Lannister had to give.
    mylifeaskirkDummyalexander.klassenCeciliaM
  • edited April 18
    a commenter on Watchers on the Wall posted this as a possible scene next week with Jaime in the Great Hall, half as a joke, but I wish it would happen now:

Opens with Jaime

-Jon: We need his command expertise. Hello? Dead guys coming! Are you people insane?

-Bran: That’s what your father said, when grandfather went to King’s Landing to get Aunt Lyanna back from Rhaegar. He agreed to trial by combat and said “My champion is fire” and roasted our grandfather alive in his armor.
    -Bran: My uncle was also named Bran Stark. Your father tied a cord around his neck and put a sword just out of reach. Uncle Bran strangled himself trying to get it.
    -Bran: I think now is a time for forgiveness, don’t you, your grace? (Glares meaningfully at Jaime.) It’s one of the things we do for love, isn’t it, Ser Jaime?

@All the Chickens, the only thing you forgot was the following:

Dany:  Hello, my name is Daenarys Stormborn Targarynen, you killed my father, prepare to die (keeps repeating it)

Jamie:  Stop say that!

SanguinePenguin
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
     I made a thing.  Youtube, please don't take it down!

MurderbearAll the ChickensDummySanguinePenguinHatoriandarwinfeeshy
    @cdrive That's so stupid. I love it!
    cdrive
  • davemcbdavemcb Melbourne
    I don’t know if anyone else has mentioned it but if they were going to Smith the dragon glass than why was Gendry so worried about dropping it. If they were shaping the pieces it would make sense but not if they were smithing it.
    Dear God, they actually had Peter Dinklage and Lena Headey film this entire scene in full makeup and costume on set.

Sesame Street: Respect is Coming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2ppLtHbag4
    Hatorian
  • davemcb said:
    I don’t know if anyone else has mentioned it but if they were going to Smith the dragon glass than why was Gendry so worried about dropping it. If they were shaping the pieces it would make sense but not if they were smithing it.
    I think he was just worried about losing it, not breaking it. 
    SanguinePenguin
  • Dear God, they actually had Peter Dinklage and Lena Headey film this entire scene in full makeup and costume on set.

The best thing about HBO buying sesame street is these insane crossovers. Are we gonna get True Detective Grover next? 
    UnderwoodSanguinePenguin
    edited April 18
    asmallcat said:
    Dear God, they actually had Peter Dinklage and Lena Headey film this entire scene in full makeup and costume on set.

The best thing about HBO buying sesame street is these insane crossovers. Are we gonna get True Detective Grover next? 
    Welp, they also just dropped a Westworld version with Dolores, Bernard and Cookie Monster.

Sesame Street: Respect World

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1Efoe-Wx7w
    asmallcat
  • a commenter on Watchers on the Wall posted this as a possible scene next week with Jaime in the Great Hall, half as a joke, but I wish it would happen now:

Opens with Jaime

@All the Chickens, the only thing you forgot was the following:

Dany:  Hello, my name is Daenarys Stormborn Targarynen, you killed my father, prepare to die (keeps repeating it)

Jamie:  Stop say that!

Dany: Hello, my name is Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, (takes a breath) the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, (takes a breath) Protector of the Realm, Lady Regent of the Seven Kingdoms, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons.

Jamie: Stop saying that!

Dany: Hello, my name is...fuck it. Missandei?

Missandei: Her name is Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name...
    SanguinePenguin
    Arya: Sansa is the smartest person I've ever met.

Every non-Sansa stan: 

Tywin:

ME: 

Elisaalexander.klassenSanguinePenguin
  • My evidence is - Twyin's dead, Sansa's not. Also, Twyin started from a place of all the power, and Sansa started from a place of 0 power. 
    ElisaSanguinePenguin
  • asmallcat said:

Sesame Street has always done insane crossovers tho

"Twin Beaks:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vftf8TTve4s

"Walking Gingerbread"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJPnYMNGrEc

"House of Bricks"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92NXMtVtv8o

SanguinePenguinasmallcat
    edited April 18
    asmallcat said:
    My evidence is - Twyin's dead, Sansa's not. Also, Twyin started from a place of all the power, and Sansa started from a place of 0 power. 
    I'm not sure what Tywin being dead has to do with it, and I would say that she did start from a place of power, relatively speaking. She's not some commoners child, or an immigrant nobody from Essos like Varys who worked their way into a position of power after growing up poor on the streets. Sansa's family name is why she was important enough for others to protect and her enemies to keep alive, and it's the reason she is the Lady of Winterfell.
    Even Joanna Robinson, who loves Sansa and defends her so-called "bitchiness" this season, admits that this is rewriting Sansa's character by stating that she's suddenly the smartest person around. Especially if Sansa is basically taking after a sane version of Cersei, who is sometimes calculating and always willing to do anything to get shit done but is not necessarily considered an intellectual character.

And there was a deleted scene from last season that adds context that Sansa was really about to take Arya out, so she went to Bran and Bran is who spilled the tea on Littlefinger and all of the information she needed.  Sansa was really falling for LF tearing her and Arya apart until a magical force interceded to give her all the knowledge she needed. Essentially without a 3 Eyed Bran-bot 9000 as a crutch (or an entire wheelchair), they don't get to appear as if they outsmarted Littlefinger.
    Coryalexander.klassen
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    asmallcat said:
    My evidence is - Twyin's dead, Sansa's not. Also, Twyin started from a place of all the power, and Sansa started from a place of 0 power. 

And there was a deleted scene from last season that adds context that Sansa was really about to take Arya out, so she went to Bran and Bran is who spilled the tea on Littlefinger and all of the information she needed.  Sansa was really falling for LF tearing her and Arya apart until a magical force interceded to give her all the knowledge she needed. Essentially without a 3 Eyed Bran-bot 9000 as a crutch (or an entire wheelchair), they don't get to appear as if they outsmarted Littlefinger.

Glad they edited that bowlshit scene out. lol
    All the ChickensrkcrawfCeciliaM
    edited April 18
    Listening to the spoiLORE cast now, and someone asked "if Rhaegar had his marriage to Elia Martell annulled, is Dany a bastard?"

Why would Dany's BROTHER annulling his marriage affect Dany's status as trueborn Targaryen? I'm guessing the confusion here was the emailer thinking that Dany is Rhaegars daughter, and A.Ron just rolled with it. But Dany is Rhaegar's sibling, not his child.
    ElisaKate23jj04
  • A topic I don't think has been touched on in the forums or the podcasts is Theon's return to Winterfell.  That is definitely not going to be a happy kind of reunion for Theon.  The North hate Theon just as much as they do the Lannisters after he took over Winterfell and betrayed Robb Stark and "killed the Stark boys" which clearly everyone knows is false but I don't think that's going to help his cause.  He's in for a rude awakening if he thinks this is going to be a pleasant visit to Winterfell. 
    MurderbearSanguinePenguinElisa
    A topic I don't think has been touched on in the forums or the podcasts is Theon's return to Winterfell.  That is definitely not going to be a happy kind of reunion for Theon.  The North hate Theon just as much as they do the Lannisters after he took over Winterfell and betrayed Robb Stark and "killed the Stark boys" which clearly everyone knows is false but I don't think that's going to help his cause.  He's in for a rude awakening if he thinks this is going to be a pleasant visit to Winterfell. 
    It will be awkward for sure, but I think being in the good graces of Jon and Sansa, the leaders of Winterfell, will keep him safe. Not to mention that technically he is still under the protection of and in the services of Dany. And Bran might have had hard feeling towards him for running him out of his home, but Bran-bot 9000 won't care.

My biggest thing is wondering if Theon will make it to Winterfell before the battle? I fully realize that the scenes in different locations aren't happening at the same time, so the scene with Theon and Yara parting ways could be happening weeks before the scenes of current day Winterfell. I'm not one who gripes about "fast travelling" since the creators have already explained this detail and we don't have time for showing characters travelling on the Kings road or on ships. Even taking that into consideration, I don't think that he would have time to get there before the end of this next episode and that will seem a bit rushed if he does.

If he gets there after the battle, then that would be even more awkward, depending on who is there to greet him. Although that would be a bit more dramatic if Winterfell falls and we get Theons POV showing up the next day to the devastation of the place he grew up in and loved.
    Elisa
  • A topic I don't think has been touched on in the forums or the podcasts is Theon's return to Winterfell.  That is definitely not going to be a happy kind of reunion for Theon.  The North hate Theon just as much as they do the Lannisters after he took over Winterfell and betrayed Robb Stark and "killed the Stark boys" which clearly everyone knows is false but I don't think that's going to help his cause.  He's in for a rude awakening if he thinks this is going to be a pleasant visit to Winterfell. 
    It would be awkward, but consider how many pardons were given to the people that followed House Bolton. Probably just as awkward as it is for Jamie, who went into battle against them.