802 - “A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms”

Comments

• Why did they only show scars on Arya side. Shouldn’t she have several stab wounds in the stomach. Could have easily showed her lifting her shirt up showing the wounds then cut away before her shirt was off.
  • edited April 24
    "Dead are already here" statement by Dany?   I believe the night king will raise the dead in the crypts... an attack from inside Winterfeld.  They seem to be setting this up.... sending everyone to the crypts to be safe, Dany saying "the dead are already here", 
    Murderbear
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    I'm sure there's a theory about this somewhere, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense that Dany will end up going back to Essos. She conquered half the continent, freed cities, and united people that it was thought impossible to get to work together, and they're still waiting for her to come back. The people she rules on Essos willingly made her their queen. So far on Westeros she's mostly just been taking lessons about how she doesn't know shit about Westeros or any of their people and how to rule them or even talk to them. Varys and Tyrion and them have been supporting her going back to Westeros mostly on the strength of the Lannisters being assholes. Does anybody on Westeros who didn't come over with her or isn't currently banging her want Dany as the queen? If there was a good, stable king/queen right now, would anyone really want her to go torch the place with Dragons? It seems like it would be more impressive an accomplishment to unite Essos and massively improve life for willing subjects than a hostile takeover of the Iron Throne. Let Jon use his rightful claim to either rule or break the pattern and just go back to the north and give everyone else their independence. Is there something obvious I'm forgetting or missing here?
    rkcrawfmajjam0770BloodyTacobbord
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Holy shit. Check out this clip from Season 1 EP 2. https://twitter.com/calicoville/status/1121051667657629696?s=21
    All the ChickensTravisTheRealCrazyDavemylifeaskirkUnderwoodBloodyTacoOliviaDDummyDaveyMac
  • I'm sure there's a theory about this somewhere, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense that Dany will end up going back to Essos. She conquered half the continent, freed cities, and united people that it was thought impossible to get to work together, and they're still waiting for her to come back. The people she rules on Essos willingly made her their queen. So far on Westeros she's mostly just been taking lessons about how she doesn't know shit about Westeros or any of their people and how to rule them or even talk to them. Varys and Tyrion and them have been supporting her going back to Westeros mostly on the strength of the Lannisters being assholes. Does anybody on Westeros who didn't come over with her or isn't currently banging her want Dany as the queen? If there was a good, stable king/queen right now, would anyone really want her to go torch the place with Dragons? It seems like it would be more impressive an accomplishment to unite Essos and massively improve life for willing subjects than a hostile takeover of the Iron Throne. Let Jon use his rightful claim to either rule or break the pattern and just go back to the north and give everyone else their independence. Is there something obvious I'm forgetting or missing here?
    I like this theory. It makes sense for Dany, The remaining Unsullied, and the Dothraki to go back to Essos. Its so odd, because the show vacillates between people following Dany by choice and her insisting that she has a right to rule. I would like her character to pick a leadership style and stick to it. 

I was also secretly hoping that she would make Sansa her Hand. In her current "smartest woman" incarnation, she is the best person for the job.
    bizmarkiefadermajjam0770
  • "Dead are already here" statement by Dany?   I believe the night king will raise the dead in the crypts... an attack from inside Winterfeld.  They seem to be setting this up.... sending everyone to the crypts to be safe, Dany saying "the dead are already here", 

What are your thoughts?
    "Dead are already here" statement by Dany?   I believe the night king will raise the dead in the crypts... an attack from inside Winterfeld.  They seem to be setting this up.... sending everyone to the crypts to be safe, Dany saying "the dead are already here", 

What are your thoughts?
    In my opinion, it's for sure happening. They are fighting an enemy that uses the dead as his army. Yes, it's pretty silly tactically to put people down in the crypts where all the dead are but I would venture to say it's still the safest place for a large group of people to go. I just hope that they send some soldiers and some Dragonglass down there with them.
    CeciliaM
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    rkcrawf said:
    I'm sure there's a theory about this somewhere, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense that Dany will end up going back to Essos. She conquered half the continent, freed cities, and united people that it was thought impossible to get to work together, and they're still waiting for her to come back. The people she rules on Essos willingly made her their queen. So far on Westeros she's mostly just been taking lessons about how she doesn't know shit about Westeros or any of their people and how to rule them or even talk to them. Varys and Tyrion and them have been supporting her going back to Westeros mostly on the strength of the Lannisters being assholes. Does anybody on Westeros who didn't come over with her or isn't currently banging her want Dany as the queen? If there was a good, stable king/queen right now, would anyone really want her to go torch the place with Dragons? It seems like it would be more impressive an accomplishment to unite Essos and massively improve life for willing subjects than a hostile takeover of the Iron Throne. Let Jon use his rightful claim to either rule or break the pattern and just go back to the north and give everyone else their independence. Is there something obvious I'm forgetting or missing here?
    I like this theory. It makes sense for Dany, The remaining Unsullied, and the Dothraki to go back to Essos. Its so odd, because the show vacillates between people following Dany by choice and her insisting that she has a right to rule. I would like her character to pick a leadership style and stick to it. 

I was also secretly hoping that she would make Sansa her Hand. In her current "smartest woman" incarnation, she is the best person for the job.

I think that change in her attitude from "follow me if you believe in what we're going to accomplish" to "fuck you I own this place cause of my dad you all hate" is a big part of why the audience is turning on Dany so hard. I don't believe her when she says her entire life has been devoted to getting back the seven kingdoms, she doesn't know shit about the seven kingdoms and she's barely even been there. Her life has been about becoming a queen for the oppressed and breaking the systems the powerful few use to control people for their benefit. I have a whole other theory about Jon eventually dying once the Night King is dead, so her mourning that and going back to Essos to rule over the people who actually want here there I think would be a great end to the series.
    ken hale
  • "Dead are already here" statement by Dany?   I believe the night king will raise the dead in the crypts... an attack from inside Winterfeld.  They seem to be setting this up.... sending everyone to the crypts to be safe, Dany saying "the dead are already here", 

What are your thoughts?
    In my opinion, it's for sure happening. They are fighting an enemy that uses the dead as his army. Yes, it's pretty silly tactically to put people down in the crypts where all the dead are but I would venture to say it's still the safest place for a large group of people to go. I just hope that they send some soldiers and some Dragonglass down there with them.
    Agreed,  just think if they have to fight their dead relatives in the crypt....   Aryia vs her father?
    Yeah, someone mentioned earlier they specifically said they boiled Ned's bones before they ever got to Winterfell (for the smell I guess?) so hopefully for our sake he's not whole anymore. It's going to be a shit show for sure though!
  • On the Arya thing as far as I am concerned it made total sense, just was a bit quick.  I understand why some people freaked out when, despite her arc and independence, she's been referred to and has referred to herself as "a girl".  One extra like from Jon would have done the trick, not just "look at youuuu!" But "look at you, you're a woman now".

Other thoughts are that since a rewatch I've liked this episode a lot more.  There were many character moments that gave the audience a lot to reminisce about but also remind them of a character journey and resolidify why we will care when many of them die.

I particularly loved the Hounds "I fought for you, didn't I?".  He has a complicated relationship with the Stark girls but they've been one of the reasons behind changing his character from butcherboy killing to almost dying from a fight to prevent Arya being taken away by a Lannister (Brienne).  It was the right amount of pathetic in his voice.

I also think he's destined to burn to death.
    SanguinePenguin
  • I think it's far more likely the NK is defeated this episode, leaving 3 episodes - one to deal with the aftermath up north, one to defeat Cersei's armies, one to bring Cersei to justice and decide the future of Westeros. I don't see how the NK wins here, and any survivors fleeing south aren't just killed by Cersei. That would make 0 sense. 
    majjam0770cherenkovbbord
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    ^

SanguinePenguinMurderbearasmallcatUnderwoodCeciliaMbbord

SanguinePenguinMurderbearBloodyTacoCeciliaM

What are your thoughts?
    What is dead may never die.
  • I would like to see Cercei's face if the Night King attacks Kings Landing  and by passes Winterfell....  
    MurderbearSanguinePenguinCeciliaM
    Well, this pretty much nails my thoughts. 
    JNoJorkcrawfGiovanni
    Switch Brienne and Jaime. And switch Gilly and Bran.
    Not sure where to post this, but HBO released official photos from next weeks episode, as they are want to do before each episode airs. It answers one question that Jim and A.Ron were pondering.

http://watchersonthewall.com/game-thrones-episode-3-photos-released/
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    If I was writing the ending - Dany and Jon survive both battles. They stand on a cliff overlooking Kings Landing. Dany turns to Jon and says, “I rule the seven kingdoms” and then orders Drogon to burn Jon. Drogon gives Jon the look, turns to Dany, and lights her up! 

• Natter CastNatter Cast San Francisco, CA
    "Daenerys Targaryen was sold to a horse lord at age 14 who raped her on her wedding night."

"Oh, come ON! That's just their culture. You can't judge!"

"Arya Stark had consensual sex with someone she's known and liked since she was a child on the eve of her almost certain death. She's probably about 18 now, but she might be 17."

"Gross, dude. Get your mind out of the gutter!"
    SanguinePenguinCeciliaMbudesigns
  • "Daenerys Targaryen was sold to a horse lord at age 14 who raped her on her wedding night."

"Oh, come ON! That's just their culture. You can't judge!"

"Arya Stark had consensual sex with someone she's known and liked since she was a child on the eve of her almost certain death. She's probably about 18 now, but she might be 17."

"Gross, dude. Get your mind out of the gutter!"
    Dany was coded as much older than Arya at the beginning of the show. 

Further, Emilia Clark was 24 at the beginning of the show. Maisie Williams was 13. 
    rkcrawf
  • Emilia Clark filmed the rough scene with Jason Momoa in which she was powerless when she was about 24 and he was about 31.

Maisie Williams filmed the tame scene with Joe Dempsie in which she was in control when she was about 21 and he was about 31.

I get the weirdness as we basically watched Maisie grow up on the show so she’s like a kid sister, I had similar weird feelings as actresses like Drew Barrymore and Emma Watson started doing more adult roles, but there is nothing objectively wrong with what they did or how they did it.
    SanguinePenguinElisa
  • I'm not arguing there IS anything wrong. It's just some people in this thread (me included) said "whoo, that made me uncomfortable" and it got treated like it was the most insane take in the world. 

People are allowed to feel feelings, sheesh. And I'm sure if we went back to season one we'd see a LOT of people who were uncomfortable with that arc of Dany's, just like lots of people though the Jamie/Cersei Sept Rape was completely unnecessary. 
    TravisBloodyTacoken haleCory
    Lifendz said:
    Aron cracks me up. The series is almost over and he still can’t pronounce Sansa’s name correctly. 
    You say tomato I say Sansa. :p
    The Battle of Winterfell hinges on the Forward Sansa Array. #MakeItSew
    SanguinePenguin
  • asmallcat said:
    I'm not arguing there IS anything wrong. It's just some people in this thread (me included) said "whoo, that made me uncomfortable" and it got treated like it was the most insane take in the world. 

People are allowed to feel feelings, sheesh. And I'm sure if we went back to season one we'd see a LOT of people who were uncomfortable with that arc of Dany's, just like lots of people though the Jamie/Cersei Sept Rape was completely unnecessary. 
    It’s all good. I said I understand the weirdness of the situation as well. Not trying to dismiss anyone’s feelings.
    edited April 24
    "What do we say to the God of Death?"
    "Take off your pants."
    "No...we say 'Not today.'"
    "I know. Now take off your pants."
    LordBySanguinePenguinasmallcatgguenotCeciliaM
    Come on! Do people really believe that after 8 seasons of this show lionizing the people in that crypt that it will culminate in a bunch of Harryhausen skellingtons hacking up babies?
    telephoneofmadness