What grinds my gears (today)

Comments

• HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    CeciliaM said:
    Don't pick on @Michelle - she's like the nicest person on here.

There's a major difference between vaccinations and organ donation. The major difference is someone has to die to give up their organs. So it creates a moral hazard to say that organ donation should be mandatory or to set up automatic harvesting of organs when one dies; it creates an incentive for the death of a human being. Whereas making immunization mandatory only helps society as well as the individuals involved be healthier. 

Also, referring to anything about "both sides" on the vaccination issue is just nonsensical. There are not two sides on this. There was a fake article written 20 years ago for personal gain that has been disproven by several subsequent studies. There are only two sides if you consider the opinions of people like Jenny McCarthy equal to the carefully studied work of the entire field of medical science.
    michelle answered the question. i don't have anything else to add to the discussion. 

annnyways. what grinds my gear today. people who rsvp after the rsvp date....seriously, the date is listed there for a clear reason. don't rsvp 2 days before the event...its a dick move. 
    MichellemylifeaskirkNoel
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    @Hatorian I hope you have a “do not invite again” list. There are many reasons someone lands on this list, and late rsvp is one. 
    Hatorian
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Thank you @CeciliaM:blush:
    CeciliaMChinaskiNoel
  • I have no idea why but man it *really* bothers me when people do certain “get your attention” things. Like snapping or clapping or whistling. But the worst is probably rolling the car window down and waving their hand when they want to pull in front of you for some reason instead of using a turn signal.

Maybe it’s the impatience of it all where the other person is immediately putting the value of their time over mine. Because it’s usually a situation where the offender can’t just follow normal human procedure
    CeciliaM
  • When I'm walking outside in terrible weather, and it takes forever for the pedestrian traffic light to turn green.

Traffic light algorithms should adapt to the weather conditions.
    CeciliaMmylifeaskirk
  • Tele-conferencing:

1) When you start a sentence at the same time as someone else does, and then you both stop, and then you both start again at the same time.
    2) When people interrupt you mid-sentence, and you need to raise your voice to a rediculous level in order to get your point across.
    3) When you want to share your screen and it never works
    DeemylifeaskirkNoel
  • Using a printer. I'm guessing none of you need more details.
    DeemylifeaskirkCeciliaMNoel
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Tele-conferencing:

1) When you start a sentence at the same time as someone else does, and then you both stop, and then you both start again at the same time.
    2) When people interrupt you mid-sentence, and you need to raise your voice to a rediculous level in order to get your point across.
    Wait, do you work in my office... 
    CeciliaMDarmock&Jalad@Tenagra
  • Dee said:
    Tele-conferencing:

I do! Look me up and say hi. You can recognize me by my fedora and the smell of sardines
    DeemylifeaskirkCeciliaMNoelhisdudeness915asmallcat
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Tele-conferencing:

Yes!
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Dee said:
    Tele-conferencing:

I do! Look me up and say hi. You can recognize me by my fedora and the smell of sardines

CeciliaMMichelleNoelhisdudeness915
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    lemme know when we start talking about shitty drivers, dudes that wear fedoras that eat sardines out the can..AT THEIR DESK, and people who take the time to broadcast a poster with headshots of GOT like it’s the Bachelorette.

i love me a gripe thread, let's not lose this one too.
    DeeCeciliaMMichellemylifeaskirkNoel
  • Tele-conferencing:

When you're the office IT person and yet your headphones never work as expected during conference calls .. With other IT professionals
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Part of my job is listening to other staff’s calls to quality check them, and if there is a more soul destroying way to spend an afternoon, I don’t want to hear about it. 
    mylifeaskirk
    Chinaski said:
    lemme know when we start talking about shitty drivers, dudes that wear fedoras that eat sardines out the can..AT THEIR DESK, and people who take the time to broadcast a poster with headshots of GOT like it’s the Bachelorette.

One of my coworkers heated up his fish in the breakroom microwave today.  Let the flaming begin! (It was sooooooooo bad.)
    mylifeaskirk
  • Michelle said:
    Chinaski said:

One of my coworkers heated up his fish in the breakroom microwave today.  Let the flaming begin! (It was sooooooooo bad.)
    I'm starting to think there should be a separate office for women at any workplace lol
    Dee
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Michelle said:
    Chinaski said:

WHAT IS WITH THAT???
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @CeciliaM Yesssssssss!
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Went to my local market on the way home tonight because I can’t be arsed doing it in the morning and all the yoga mums were out with little Oliver and Sophie, shoving their way in front of me to get to the cheese tasting while I’m just trying to buy my bloody eggs. This is why I don’t shop Friday nights. 
    CeciliaM
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    What really seriously grinds my gears (today) is that fucking Motley Crue gets to drink Lowenbrau in the biopic The Dirt and get me all jelly and I can't buy it anywhere or have it shipped.  I found a place on amazon.uk that said they'd ship to the US but it blocked me when I put in my address. I think it's archaic that we can't buy and ship beers from Europe.  *sigh* **whispers: sweet lowenbrau** I mean, just look at it.

Chinaski
  • CeciliaM said:
    Here's to hoping the coworker doesn't retaliate by clipping his toenails while waiting for his fish to finish microwaving.
    CeciliaM
  • Grinding my gears today... I do the IT for a small department at a large university. We have one staff member who got his job through nepotism and grinds my gears on a regular basis with a sense of entitlement and made up problems that are intended to lead to him getting a new computer. I started writing out things about him that grind my gears, but it's so specific I probably shouldn't write it on the internet even without my real name! Suffice it to say I referred him to a service I use sometimes when I am overloaded because when this user comes to me, I say "not today!"
    mylifeaskirk
    Construction traffic delays!  I’m on 101 south on my way to Sacramento, and have been sitting here at a standstill for about 15 minutes so far while controlled traffic heading northbound has been zooming by.  Let’s go!!!!!  :angry:

Chinaski
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Michelle said:
    Construction traffic delays!  I’m on 101 south on my way to Sacramento, and have been sitting here at a standstill for about 15 minutes so far while controlled traffic heading northbound has been zooming by.  Let’s go!!!!!  :angry:

haha when traffic is so bad that you can browse the forums and post. i know that one well.
    MichelleCeciliaM
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    CeciliaM said:
    That is a cute look and I if I were 25 years younger I’d wear that. 
  • Dee said:
    CeciliaM said:
    That is a cute look and I if I were 25 years younger I’d wear that. 
    Just do it now. Why not? Go for it.
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @CeciliaM I don’t have the skillz anymore. Decades of being a wine mum is not good for the steady hands required for eye makeup. 
    CeciliaM
  • You could become the "crazy makeup lady" in the office.
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @CeciliaM That’s my plan for when I’m a literal old lady - I want to be one of those old ladies who has really garish makeup, with the hot pink lipstick outside the lines a bit because the eyes aren’t what they used to be, and my hair dyed either jet black or fire engine red. And they always wear coats with fur collars and lots of heavy costume jewellery. 
    NoelmylifeaskirkCeciliaMMichelleChinaski