Gendry’s 3 Clarification for Podcast

I am not sure if anyone points this out already—but on your podcast you received fb from someone about this topic and you were way off, imo. Gendry admits to having three sexual encounters before Arya and you were saying he was lying because he could not have accomplished this. But he definitely could have during his time in Kings Landing POST Melisandre. Also, Arya says that SHE wants to know what it’s like, she does not ask Gendry “don’t you want to know what it’s like?”

Sorry to backtrack but it has been bothering me!

Comments

• All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    edited May 4
    Yeah, the plain reading of that scene was that Arya got the truth out of him using her faceless men questioning training. Gendry came back to Kings Landing and was a successful blacksmith for years. 

Combine that with him being a nice looking dude, if anything it's a little surprising that he only had sex with 3 people in all those years.

If he were Bobby B at his age, he would already have 50 children.
    CeciliaMladyperrinereinhart
  • podcartfanpodcartfan Cincinnati
    I frankly found it odd that they spent any time at all on the feedback since it was for the previous episode and non-consequential.  
    ladyperrinereinhart
  • edited May 4
    Yeah, the plain reading of that scene was that Arya got the truth out of him using her faceless men questioning training. Gendry came back to Kings Landing and was a successful blacksmith for years. 

Combine that with him being a nice looking dude, if anything it's a little surprising that he only had sex with 3 people in all those years.

If he were Bobby B at his age, he would already have 50 children.
    This was exactly my take on that scene  unas Maybewell. Also it's possible that he was more of a "relationship" kind of man, unlike his old man, big Bobby B ;)
    ladyperrinereinhart
  • GrahamGraham Grand Rapids, MI
    I think if anything it would make Gendry Rhaegar's bastard