Podcast format/download

MoonMan13MoonMan13 Northern Kentucky
The podcast links have changed, no?
I probably do it the Luddite way, but have always downloaded straight from the link on bald move. Now I'm redirected to Apple and can't control where in the podcast I want to listen, it just starts at the beginning each time. Help?
Gantelephoneofmadness

Comments

• I've noticed a change too but haven't anything on why. I went to look for the instant take for GoT this morning and for some reason I was not subscribed to the podcast (which I have been for a long time now). It's odd. 
  • Yeah, they are using the Megaphone podcast service now. There is no longer any download link and it's quite annoying to be honest. Even my podcast apps were having a difficult time loading new episodes. 
    telephoneofmadness
  • + 1
  • took some googling but if you click "Share" in the megaphone player there is a download option, which then opens up a player with a download link from the menu.
    MoonMan13
  • MoonMan13MoonMan13 Northern Kentucky
    MrX said:
    took some googling but if you click "Share" in the megaphone player there is a download option, which then opens up a player with a download link from the menu.
    Is the megaphone player the one that's linked thru the apple podcast link?
  • MoonMan13MoonMan13 Northern Kentucky
    Actually on the last spoilore ep there isn't any megaphone player, just an Apple podcast link. At least through the two devices I browsed with.
  • Apple's podcast player does stink.  Try Pocket Casts.  You can download, jump around, and even listen to a slightly sped up or slowed down podcast.  Lots of goodness (no personal affiliation)
  • Is anyone aware of a resolution being worked on from bald moves end? I can only listen offline after downloading (while at work) and it's killing me to be unable to download the final few podcasts for the final few episodes.
  • MoonMan13 said:
    MrX said:
    took some googling but if you click "Share" in the megaphone player there is a download option, which then opens up a player with a download link from the menu.
    Is the megaphone player the one that's linked thru the apple podcast link?
    MoonMan13 said:
    Actually on the last spoilore ep there isn't any megaphone player, just an Apple podcast link. At least through the two devices I browsed with.

Oh yea that's weird - looks like SpoiLore podcast doesn't have the megaphone player, but the main cast and others like Bald Move TV do. Seems like they need to add the player to all posts on the website.

Probably best to email support@baldmove.com to see if they have a fix.

Here's where you press share to download if the player is visible - the main podcast for last weeks episode has it,

MoonMan13
  • Hey everyone.  Just wanted to jump in and say that I've added the players that were missing. Sorry for the mistake.  This is a new process and it's all manual.  I'm just getting used to it.  Thanks for pointing out the mistake.

Also, you'll probably see that the players for the back-episodes of many podcasts are missing on the website as well.  I'm working on getting those replaced but again, it's a manual process and it's going to take some time.
    MrXbazjenstertelephoneofmadnessFlukesMoonMan13chrisinthenorthbbord
  • Is anyone aware of a resolution being worked on from bald moves end? I can only listen offline after downloading (while at work) and it's killing me to be unable to download the final few podcasts for the final few episodes.
    You good now or still missing downloads? 
    chrisinthenorth
  • Bhorten1 said:
    Is anyone aware of a resolution being worked on from bald moves end? I can only listen offline after downloading (while at work) and it's killing me to be unable to download the final few podcasts for the final few episodes.
    You good now or still missing downloads? 
    Jim's fix did the trick! 
  • Jim said:
    Hey everyone.  Just wanted to jump in and say that I've added the players that were missing. Sorry for the mistake.  This is a new process and it's all manual.  I'm just getting used to it.  Thanks for pointing out the mistake.

Also, you'll probably see that the players for the back-episodes of many podcasts are missing on the website as well.  I'm working on getting those replaced but again, it's a manual process and it's going to take some time.

Manual grunt work? Sounds like something you should push off on to Bald Move's newest junior employee  :p
    awookieebbord