Unofficially Officially Unofficial Game of Thrones Death Pool discussion thread

Comments

• Bye bye Missandei.  How did we miss adding Rhaegal and Drogon to the pool?  What a waste. 

Updated scores on Tuesday. 
    I thought the same thing and I think I even mentioned it but by that point in time it would have probably been a huge pain in the ass to have everyone add them in and resubmit it.
    Flukes
  • JoshTheBlackJoshTheBlack Atlanta, GA
    Here are the updated standings:

Cory 22
    Tulipblossom 22
    kate23 21
    TelephoneOfMadness 19
    Murderbear 19
    Teresa from Concord 19
    Rose 19
    JoshTheBlack 18
    brielara27 18
    Hatorian 17
    budesigns 17
    letrbuck2006 17
    TheRealCrazyDave 16
    AllTheChickens 16
    jsny88 15
    jluzania 13
    Doctor_Nick 12
    Flukes 12
    MoonMan13 10
    MurderbeartelephoneofmadnessFlukesMoonMan13Cory
  • MoonMan13MoonMan13 Northern Kentucky
    What bragging rights come with last place? 
    MurderbearTulipblossomTheRealCrazyDaveCeciliaM
  • MoonMan13 said:
    The Melisandre Prophecy Award?
    SanguinePenguinTulipblossomCeciliaM
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    First place gets free tuition at The Jon Snow School For Using a Bad Scottish Brogue When Plagiarizing Speeches! Congrats to the future winner. 
    Murderbear
  • MoonMan13 said:
    A "shame walk" like moment that takes place through the forum???
    SanguinePenguin
  • MoonMan13MoonMan13 Northern Kentucky
    What the virtual analog for hurled moldy produce?
    Alright fellow BM's.  Tonight promises to be another blood-soaked butt-clencher.  Who will live?  Who will die?  Will Mother's Day claim the mother of dragons?  As always, I'll update the standings on Tuesday.  

May the worst person win.
    MurderbearawookieeTheRealCrazyDaveTeresa from ConcordFlukesCeciliaM
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    Father's Day claimed FotY Nominee Tywin Lannister. Just sayin'..
    It was certainly a blood bath. A terrible, awful, no good very bad blood bath. I counted Varys, Euron, Qyburn, Jaime, Cersei, The Hound, and The Mountain as dead. Did I miss anybody?  I'll go ahead and Mark them as dead, but if they show up next week alive... Wights?  Cause they definitely dead. 
  • I wasn't in the pool but if you had BRICKS for most kills: YOU WIN!
    CeciliaM
  • CapeGabe said:
    I wasn't in the pool but if you had BRICKS for most kills: YOU WIN!
    If I push over a wall, and the wall falls on you and kills you, did the wall kill you or did I?

I'm just sayin, Drogon making a late push for most deaths attributed to literally any living thing in the history of westeros, including unliving things. 

And @JoshTheBlack you missed Harry "budget jamie" Stickland, but since he didn't exist till this season, anyone who predicted both his appearance and his death should get extra points.
    CapeGabe
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited May 2019
    If I didn’t do the white walker thing I’d feel very good about this episode. 

Called

Jaime
    Cersei
    Qyburn
    mountain
    hound
    euron
    varys

CeciliaM
    I hate you all.  I've been bumped from 7th to 13th in the last two weeks. @Cory and @Tulipblossom have managed to stay on top another week.  We have 1 more week to go, and it's looking like Dany is gonna die, which could tie up Cory and Tulipblossom's race, and pull @Murderbear ahead of @Kate23 and @Rose.  However, if Jon dies as well Cory will maintain his lead, and Kate23 and Rose will stay tied with Murderbear.  Not to mention how all the other potential deaths will effect the leaderboard.  It's up to the old gods now.  

Our game ends in 5 days!  

Cory 29
    Tulipblossom 27
    kate23 26
    Murderbear 26
    Rose 26
    brielara27 25
    letrbuck2006 24
    TelephoneOfMadness 24
    Teresa from Concord 24
    AllTheChickens 23
    TheRealCrazyDave 23
    budesigns 22
    JoshTheBlack 21
    jsny88 21
    Hatorian 20
    jluzania 20
    Flukes 16
    Doctor_Nick 15
    MoonMan13 13
    awookieeTulipblossomMurderbear
  • Watching Arya run threw the streets of Kings Landing narrowly escaping death blow after death blow I was so conflicted in wanting her to live but also knowing her deaths helps me out in the death pool. 

Long live Jon! 
    JoshTheBlackCeciliaM
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Whoa, back in the lead?  I wasn't expecting to be anywhere close.  Guess I better hope my "Jon dies by suicide" theory somehow comes true.
    Murderbear
    My name is going in the wrong direction
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    My name is going in the wrong direction
    Not if it's below mine!  I'm going mad with power!  I WILL BURN YOU ALL!!

Fear my dragon!
    ROAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CeciliaM
    This is it people.  The evening you've all been most regretting.  The SERIES FINALE is upon is.  In just 5 short hours we will all know who lives and who dies, and who sits the iron throne (assuming one remains to sit!)

I hope one of you fuckers dethrones Cory.  5 Weeks in the lead is too many.  Who would have thought the most optimistic ticket would still be winning by week 5?  What happened to this story not having a happy ending?  I was paying attention!  THEY LIED TO ME!

Worst of luck to you all.  Results will be posted as soon as I have time.  Wednesday at the latest.
    MoonMan13TheRealCrazyDaveawookiee
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Well, I guess it's a tie.

Okay.  Final tally

Place - Username - Score
    1 Tulipblossom 28
    1 Cory 28
    3 Murderbear 27
    4 letrbuck2006 25
    4 Rose 25
    4 kate23 25
    7 TelephoneOfMadness 24
    7 TheRealCrazyDave 24
    7 AllTheChickens 24
    7 Teresa from Concord 24
    7 brielara27 24
    12 budesigns 23
    13 jsny88 22
    14 Hatorian 21
    14 jluzania 21
    16 JoshTheBlack 20
    17 Flukes 15
    18 MoonMan13 14
    18 Doctor_Nick 14

Neither of our winners played the wight game.  I don't think we can really call it a tie, and the win has to go to Tulipblossom because Cory scored 1 point for Howland Reed, who never made an appearance in the show.  So our modified standing might look more like this:

1 Tulipblossom 28
    2 Cory 27.5
    3 Murderbear 27
    4 letrbuck2006 25
    4 Rose 25
    4 kate23 25
    7 TelephoneOfMadness 24
    7 TheRealCrazyDave 24
    7 AllTheChickens 24
    7 Teresa from Concord 24
    7 brielara27 24
    12 budesigns 23
    13 jsny88 22
    14 Hatorian 21
    14 jluzania 21
    16 JoshTheBlack 20
    17 Flukes 15
    18 MoonMan13 14
    18 Doctor_Nick 14

On second thought, EVERYBODY WINS!  Give yourself a pat on the back for getting so many points in the Unofficially Officially Unofficial Game of Thrones Death Pool!

Here's the final score cards for our top two scoring individuals:

awookieeMurderbeartelephoneofmadness
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    I DEMAND A RECOUNT!
    Murderbeartelephoneofmadness
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    This was a lot of fun! I think the point for Howland Reed is a bit questionable...we don't really know if he's dead or alive. But that's probably just cause I'm right behind Cory. Ha! Thanks for all the number crunching and hard work you put into this!
    CoryTulipblossom
    It wasn't too difficult with the power of GOOGLE SHEETS!

I had fun, despite coming in 16/19.  I really thought there would be more fire and blood.
    MurderbearTulipblossom
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    OK, OK, I've calmed down after my nap (I worked the last two nights).  It's pretty clear what's going on here... @JoshTheBlack is working with the Russians... when will the tyranny end?

If only I had a dragon, I tells ya.
    awookieeTulipblossomJoshTheBlackRose
  • Oh shit!!!! Hail Queen Tulipblossom First of her name, lover of flowers and defender of the gardens! Long may she reign! 
    MurderbearFlukes
    Had a ton of fun playing along. Thanks @JoshTheBlack!
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Losing in the series finale... the ending truly was bittersweet...
    Tulipblossombudesigns
    This was a lot of fun! I think the point for Howland Reed is a bit questionable...we don't really know if he's dead or alive. But that's probably just cause I'm right behind Cory. Ha! Thanks for all the number crunching and hard work you put into this!
    Just heard on a podcast with Joanna Robinson that one of the “who’s that” guys in the dragon pit deciding on Bran as king May be Howland. A scoring twist perhaps? 
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Just heard on a podcast with Joanna Robinson that one of the “who’s that” guys in the dragon pit deciding on Bran as king May be Howland. A scoring twist perhaps? 
    I second this!