What are you binging right now?

Comments

• fidozfidoz Houston
    Just did Bosch season 5 this weekend. Just a really solid show. 
    CapeGabe
  • Surprised to see all the Bosch love. I gave up after a couple episodes when I checked out the first season. Police detectiv type shows really aren’t my thing, but I should give it another chance. 
  • ken hale said:
    Surprised to see all the Bosch love. I gave up after a couple episodes when I checked out the first season. Police detectiv type shows really aren’t my thing, but I should give it another chance. 

I am big fan of the show but if detective shows aren't  your thing then I'm not sure how much you'll like it. 

Like many show it catches its stride after the first season but is still essentially the same show.

The characters actions are mostly believable and the only real bit of suspension of disbelief needed is that all the stuff happens to one guy. The supporting cast is all excellent. 
    ken hale
  • edited May 9
    I had to buy it on Amazon (wtf netflix?) but the season was only like 8 bucks, so I'm finally going to re-watch Borgia: Faith and Fear.  I loved this damn show so much the first time I watched it that I can only hope it holds up to my high expectations, but so far I'm watching episode 1 with a stupid grin plastered on my face.  I love the intricate politics, brutal historicity, and sometimes questionably-acted, always heavily-accented melodrama.  If you haven't seen it, give it a chance!
  • I just binged Season 3 of Colony.
    As with past seasons it's good for USA Network.
    After finishing on cliffhanger I found out it was canceled. 
    Elisa
  • I watched season 2 of Imposters over the weekend. (Originally Bravo, i watched on Netflix)

I am not sure I buy the premise of anything in the entire season. However, it has young attractive people in it, that Bravo slickness which is kind of fun if you are in that kind of a mood, and some kinda funny moments, and it was a decent thing to have on while I worked on a crochet project that took a lot of my attention. 
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I spent today and tonight watching the latest season of Line of Duty, which was recently shown in the UK. I wish I’d rewatched the first four seasons beforehand though, because they have huge gaps between seasons and I have forgotten A LOT. I might have to do a full series rewatch in the near future. 
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I binged the first season of Barry last night, and started season 2 this morning.  I just finished the S2 opener.  I was never really into Bill Hader much, but I now see what all the fuss has been about with this show.  
    Teresa from Concord
  • I just finished series 3 of Unforgotten on PBS. It was good, not as great as series 2, but that was near perfection.

I wish there were more shows like this that show the real emotional toll to the victims families and the police that have to find the killers. It is way more satisfying than normal police procedurals.

This show in particular really shows it in a real believable way. You don't feel manipulated and the emotion really comes through.

Dee
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @CapeGabe Yeah, I really liked S3 but it just could never live up to the sheer brilliance of S2. Still eagerly awaiting S4, though. The UK’s habit of just chucking out a 6 episode season of shows every couple of years kills me! 
    CapeGabe
  • Just finished Netflix's Love, Death & Robots. Some of the CGI was amazing ("The Witness", "Beyond the Aquila Rift"). "The Witness" was directed by Alberto Mielgo -- it seems he was the brains behind Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.
  • Little House on the Prairie on Amazon Prime. I needed a break from Breaking Bad. :)

Before that, it was Better Call Saul. 

One thing about Little House is that I had no idea how it started. It's surprisingly interesting if you read some of the history, and biographies of the actors. 

CeciliaM
  • edited May 13
    Ooops on the double post. 

• We just finished Dear White People in 4 sittings. Fantastic! Thought provoking and a perspective that I feel really grateful that I could take in. Not to mention also incredibly entertaining. I know I'm really late to that particular party, but I definitely recommend it. Can't wait for Volume 3 to come out.
    Elisa
  • We watched the first 4 What We Do in the Shadows episodes last night and it is really great! Super fun and silly and just a joy to watch. Won't spoil any of it, but the werewolf episode has the best laugh I've had in quite some time in it. The city council one had a few great ones in it too. Definitely worth a look.
    CapeGabeTeresa from Concord
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Man just burned through the first season of What we do..

hilarious.

Love the concept of the normal guy that you work with is actually feeding off boring you to death with small talk. The emotional vampire was pretty good as well. 

Each episode has had a few belly laughs. I love the guy from The IT Crowd. So good. 
    Travisken haleTeresa from Concord
    Oh some of the cameos are awesome as well. Won’t ruin them here. 
    Travismanhattnik
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited May 16
    Hatorian said:
    Oh man, with this in mind... how to do it... I agree about any spoiling. Well, it may not land, but the episode that we watched last night was just absolutely brilliant in this regard. 

I haven't watched the IT Crowd, but I seem to remember from the show cover is it Guillermo? He is great. I also love the whole Energy Vampire thing too, and that dude from the Office is the perfect guy to play him. So good.
    Hatorian
  • hisdudeness915hisdudeness915 Atlanta, Ga
    edited May 17
    Just found out that Fleabag Season 2 has finally dropped on Amazon prime. Bout to binge this whole thing in one night.  :)
    TravisElisa
    edited May 17
    Friends S8, right now I'm on TOW The Videotape. 
    "You don't want to see this, do you??"  "Hell yeah!"  :lol:
    But also, "...did I ever tell you about the time I went backpacking through western Europe?"  lol

Travis said:
    Hatorian said:
    Oh man, with this in mind... how to do it... I agree about any spoiling. Well, it may not land, but the episode that we watched last night was just absolutely brilliant in this regard. 

I haven't watched the IT Crowd, but I seem to remember from the show cover is it Guillermo? He is great. I also love the whole Energy Vampire thing too, and that dude from the Office is the perfect guy to play him. So good.
    The guy from IT Crowd is Matt Berry. If you haven’t seen it I recommend it. It’s only like 5 seasons of 10 episodes each. Very easy to digest but requires some enjoyment of British humor. 

The vampire council episode just has an amazing cameo list. And it’s even better when you consider everything they say and what characters they played in previous shows. It’s one of the best comedy episodes of the year show far.
    CapeGabeTravis
  • Hatorian said:
    Travis said:
    Hatorian said:

The guy from IT Crowd is Matt Berry. If you haven’t seen it I recommend it. It’s only like 5 seasons of 10 episodes each. Very easy to digest but requires some enjoyment of British humor. 

The vampire council episode just has an amazing cameo list. And it’s even better when you consider everything they say and what characters they played in previous shows. It’s one of the best comedy episodes of the year show far.
    I always heard good things about the IT Crowd. I have a buddy who rides pretty hard for it. Maybe I'll bump it up the list. Thanks! I also like Lazlo quite a bit.

I loved how clever the Vampire Council was. What a great idea! I will say that though that was the smartest bit, I still think the Werewolf one was the funniest. In one of the jokes (don't want to step on it with details, but you probably know) I had one of those laughs where it plays out over a couple of minutes where it starts to die down, but then the funny comes rushing back and you start over again. Oh man. That was so great!

Trading Spaces season 10! :heart:
    (So glad they brought this show back!)
  • Naaah said:
    Little House on the Prairie on Amazon Prime. I needed a break from Breaking Bad. :)

Before that, it was Better Call Saul. 

One thing about Little House is that I had no idea how it started. It's surprisingly interesting if you read some of the history, and biographies of the actors.
    So, I am old, so I was a kid when that was really on, and we watched it and read all the books. When I was in my early 20s, we were in southern Missouri for some reason so I made my boyfriend go with me to Mansfield, MO to the farm where Laura and Almanzo Wilder lived for most of their adult lives. It was super cool! You could visit their house and property where they lived, and there is a little museum. One thing that really stuck with me was that they were both really short. They custom built their home themselves and the counter tops were all really low, their beds were small etc. 
  • manhattnikmanhattnik the big apple
    Many upvotes for The IT Crowd, particularly if you've ever done any IT support ("have you tried turning it off and back on?"). Also, "I've come here to drink milk and kick ass, and I've just finished my milk." 

Currently binging The Queen of the South because it's lightweight melodrama. 

I am going to go back and binge Doom Patrol because it's that awesome. 

Just finished binging Das Boot, and, meh. 

Considering Cowboy Bebop next. 
    ElisaTravis
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    edited May 25
    I just finished watching all of Veep for the first time. Mostly loved it, but bingeing it altogether it felt like there was a very definite shift in tone between seasons 1-5 and seasons 6-7. The last two seasons where still funny but they went from being sort of endearingly problematic to straight up mean and nasty. Maybe a response to Trump I guess?
    Travis
  • Many upvotes for The IT Crowd, particularly if you've ever done any IT support ("have you tried turning it off and back on?"). Also, "I've come here to drink milk and kick ass, and I've just finished my milk." 

Currently binging The Queen of the South because it's lightweight melodrama. 

I am going to go back and binge Doom Patrol because it's that awesome. 

Just finished binging Das Boot, and, meh. 

Considering Cowboy Bebop next. 
    Cowboy Bebop is really good (so is the soundtrack).
    manhattnikTravis
  • I just binged The Widow on Amazon. It's a totally preposterous show yet somehow I watched all eight episodes. I blame crochet.
    Travis
  • jluzaniajluzania Denver
    With GOT ended, I'm going through the last two seasons of The Americans. Though I've come to realize that if I hadn't already gotten this far, I may have chosen to not finish it. I know a lot of people love it, but I don't think it's quite my cup of tea.
    rkcrawf
  • What are people watching now on TV? I don't have anything set up recording currently on my DVR and I feel like right now is a void with nothing good on cable TV? I know Black Mirror just dropped a few more episodes but otherwise I'm just plugging away on older shows I've wanted to watch that I missed out on.
    Travis