Change.org petition to rewrite Season 8 has gotten 300,000 signatures in 20 hours!

https://www.change.org/p/hbo-remake-game-of-thrones-season-8-with-competent-writers

That's pretty impressive how many signatures this thing has gotten in such a short time. I think it would take about 10 million signatures to actually convince HBO to do something, but hell it might happen. After all the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
telephoneofmadness

Comments

• DeeDee Adelaide
    This is just ridiculous. The rage and entitlement people feel over a TV show is just beyond belief. Imagine putting this much energy into something that would actually improve the world. 
    TheRealCrazyDavecalebthrowerBrieannecdrivedjcaudle01MarciMattyWeavesMrXgguenotjohnnytruantand 15 others.
  • Fuck me people are dumb. 
    MrXTravisSanguinePenguinUnderwood
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited May 16
    These petitions are absurd. It was dumb for The Last Jedi and it is dumb for this. Yeah sure a bunch of people taking 5 seconds to press a couple buttons in their browser is really going to convince HBO to remake it. 
    Travisblue_sleeve
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    LOL. This will never happen. They spent millions and millions of dollars on production. And millions on advertising. The ratings are higher than they have ever been. HBO doesn't care. Would they have preferred it to be a more critical success? Sure. But after Sunday, they are on to the next chapter of the Game of Thrones universe. And people will continue to watch the prequels too.
    Travis
  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    The last two seasons have been dogshit, but if anyone thinks that a company is going to pour a hundred million dollars (or however much) do re-do something that they've already collected in (in terms of HBO subscriptions) doesn't understand how business works.
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    edited May 16
    lol internet petitions are the least you can do, aside from nothing. It takes more work to go to an forum and write a post bitching about the season/episode. 

Also, as far as getting the attention of HBO execs: 300K signatures out of at least 100 million viewers worldwide, or 0.3%
    rhcoopawookieeHatorianUnderwood
  • rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    lol internet petitions are literally the least you can do, aside from nothing. It takes more work to go to an forum and write a post bitching about the season/episode. 

Also, as far as getting the attention of HBO execs: 300K signatures out of at least 100 million viewers worldwide, or 0.3%
    It's like the fanbase of the Walking Dead comic threatening to boycott the show back in the day.  

NOBODY cares about 1% of a viewing audience. 
  • JoshuaHeterJoshuaHeter Omaha, NE
    This completely ridiculous and a waste of everyone’s time. Even if HBO would go for this (they won’t), we’re all too busy doing the very important work of getting The Last Jedi remade. 
    All the Chickensbudesigns
  • Every time a series ends, the gods flip a coin  ;)
    CretanBullCapeGabeTraviscalebthrowerNoelTheRealCrazyDaveSanguinePenguinCeciliaMHatorianUnderwoodand 1 other.
  • MrXMrX CO
    Also if you believe that GRRM will ever finish the books (¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ) then we will get the alternative ending to the series that everyone wants.
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    So, I think this is an appropriate gif to illustrate this situation. Imagine Cersei is HBO and Robert's will is this petition

TravisasmallcatbbordNoelssvendsenTheRealCrazyDaveSanguinePenguinblue_sleeveUnderwood
  • AnominalAnominal San Francisco Bay Area
    Can someone set up a petition to have an official declaration of how dumb this petition is? 
    TheRealCrazyDaveCapeGabeSanguinePenguinawookieeCeciliaM
  • lol internet petitions are the least you can do, aside from nothing. It takes more work to go to an forum and write a post bitching about the season/episode. 

idk I think my rankings of useless actions would be:
    1. Nothing
    2. Thoughts & Prayers 
    3. Online Petitions
    Giovanni
  • Fuck me, it's up to 581,000 now.  I think people, in their criticism of the stupidity of this action, are missing the point that anyone who signed it knows that it is merely symbolic, a way of tallying their dissatisfaction rather than an attempt to actually effect a change.
    TheRealCrazyDaveBloodyTaco
  • Where's the petition to sign to say that I liked the show?

Or the online petition that says that online petitions are fucking stupid and pointless? Because I'd sign that one in an instant.

Oh, wait.
    ken haleCeciliaM
  • AnominalAnominal San Francisco Bay Area
    edited May 16
    Delete 
  • edited May 17
    people who do not like that dany went mad queen are going mad queen on HBO.  People who loss their perspective cannot understand how dany lost her's, and in a war.  
    SanguinePenguin
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    https://www.change.org/p/hbo-remake-game-of-thrones-season-8-with-competent-writers

That's pretty impressive how many signatures this thing has gotten in such a short time. I think it would take about 10 million signatures to actually convince HBO to do something, but hell it might happen. After all the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
    I’d bet you my life savings that this could get 100mil signatures and they wouldn’t rewrite it. It’s just not going to happen. The only way anything would change is if a billionaire bought the rights to GOT and then spent another 500+mil dollars signing the original actors and remaking seasons 7 and 8. 
    TheRealCrazyDavechrisk
  • HunkuleseHunkulese Québec, Canada
    If you look at the current state of movies, tv, and video games, it's pretty clear that they're out of original ideas and just looking to remake everything. Why wait? Just start the Song of Ice and Fire remake next year and maybe George will be done book six by the time they get to season six this time.
    Teresa from ConcordOldGriswoldTheRealCrazyDaveSanguinePenguinken haleBloodyTacoAnominal
  • As my husband, who is a writer, says- Please feel free to write and create your own epic show like Game of Thrones and he will gladly watch it and judge for you which one is better. :) 
    TheRealCrazyDaveSanguinePenguinawookiee
  • Foreshadowing

TheRealCrazyDaveSanguinePenguin
  • I like how angry everyone is getting at this petition. It's basically a meme. Voting for this is like voting for Boaty McBoatface. Yeah, people kinda want to see it, but the vast majority of people aren't that serious. 
    TheRealCrazyDaveJTKIIIken halemajjam0770
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Except Boaty McBoatface won! Is this foreshadowing?
    Dummymajjam0770
  • Except Boaty McBoatface won! Is this foreshadowing?
    Oh snap. Boaty was the prince that was promised. Finally the Azor Ahai prophacy will be fulfilled! 
    TheRealCrazyDaveTeresa from ConcordSanguinePenguinmajjam0770
  • OldGriswoldOldGriswold Brooklyn
    Burn them all.
    SanguinePenguin
  • Rightly zero effect on this one but bet stuff like this & other reactions put more scrutiny on the White Walker prequel pilot & the other four getting the green light as easily.

Unless we get a glimpse of blue eyes in the finale I wonder how far past the pilot the White Walker one even gets. 
  • edited May 17
    Dee said:
    This is just ridiculous. The rage and entitlement people feel over a TV show is just beyond belief. Imagine putting this much energy into something that would actually improve the world. 
    Dee said:
    I feel 90% of the people signing this petition know it’s going to have zero effect on the season being remade. It’s more of a fuck you to the Double D’s for providing a less than satisfying finale for close to 50% of the audience. There’s no denying this season has been divisive. 

The people that love this season just need to realize that the so called “haters”, like myself, are so upset about this season because it’s a show we truly loved for 8 years. To see it limping to the finish line is disheartening. It’s clear as night as day that the last two season’s needed to be 10 episodes. Everything has felt rushed when it didn’t need to be. HBO was willing to go with 10 episode seasons and the Double D’s just didn’t want to do it. 
    ken haleTheRealCrazyDave
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    There’s a White Walker prequel?  Why? Who cares at this point?
    ken haletelephoneofmadness
  • There’s a White Walker prequel?  Why? Who cares at this point?
    It’s supposed to center on the mythic “Long Night,” but yeah, given how they disregarded all the prophecy and lore around that and turned the Night King into a preposterous achilles’ heel utterly susceptible to one prick of dragon glass, I can’t imagine what they’re thinking with this. I have little to no interest. 
    telephoneofmadness
  • There’s a White Walker prequel?  Why? Who cares at this point?
    "Be careful what you wish for":
    Fear the White Walkers

It's about a family of wildlings on a boat trying to sail to Dorne to escape the wights.
    http://forums.baldmove.com/discussion/1685/what-got-spinoffs-would-you-like-to-see-or-which-would-you-avoid-like-greyscale
    TheRealCrazyDaveken haleSanguinePenguin