Speculating the ending scene of the final episode

edited May 2019 in Game of Thrones
What do you guys predict will be the last scene of Game of Thrones?

My guess is something along the lines of Sam in the citadel writing the book "A Song of Ice and Fire." Or something regarding the telling of this story that we have watched unfold.  EDIT although this is way too similar to Tolkien and The Lord of the Rings/Hobbit so I don't think they are actually going to do this.  

Comments

• A shot of the Wall at Castle Black to come full circle with the pilot.
    awookiee
  • We are at castle black, then pan over the wall to see Ghost and Tormund playing in the snow. We get a close-up of Ghosts's face, and his eyes slowly turn blue. The night king was a warg all along! He bites Tormund, fade to black. 
    awookieeSanguinePenguintelephoneofmadness
  • edited May 2019
    I'm still hoping for "Dany becomes a Night's Queen".

After burning King's Landing, everyone rebels against Dany and she flies north of the Wall, to the White Walker mountain. A new Night King walks out of the mountain (flashback to Craster's baby being turned in the earlier episode). Turns out Dany is pregnant from her boat sex with Jon. New Night King puts his hand on Dany's bump, which glows blue. Then Dany's eyes turn blue.

DANY IS A NIGHT'S QUEEN AND CAN MAKE WHITE WALKER BABIES.

Next scene: Night's Queen Dany smiles as her White Walker SONS and DAUGHTERS play in White Walker mountain. You thought the war with the dead was over, BUT NO, phase 2 is about to begin, and it's going to be much, much, worse.

I'm available to write the script for the final season remake. HBO pls call me.
    ken hale
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    edited May 2019
    Yeah, they very much setup Sam to be the one who writes about all of this to record it, back when he was talking to the grand maester in season 7. They even hinted at him coming up with a better name and more colorful story for his book, because the other maesters are so dry.

I imagine Bran will be sitting in a room with him, helping him record the story (since Sam doesnt know everything that happened). Bran is the research tool with all the information, and Sam is the the GRRM that can make it colorful.

I would be shocked if the last shot isnt of the cover of the book being "Game of Thrones" or "A Song of Ice and Fire" (if GRRM allows them or HBO has the right to that name). 
    awookiee
  • I wish I could like this a million times over!!!
    Murderbear
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I'd love to see a montage - Sansa walking the crypts of Winterfell and lingering at Ned's statue, telling him that as the Queen of the North and ruler of Winterfell she'll do her best to honor his legacy, with Tyrion leaning against the wall and watching her - she then walks away, holds his hand & they walk out of the crypts together; Arya and Gendry practicing fencing - he loses then bows to her & kisses her (this is so fan fictiony though);  Sam and Gilly cradling their sleeping baby son Jon, with a background shot of an open book & pen resting on it.  The very last image is snow starting to fall as they zoom out of a landscape view of Winterfell.
    awookiee
  • This is so funny!  Cersei twinborn Lannister, the unsmashed, mother of elephants, breaker of oaths, etc etc
    Murderbear
  • MichelleMichelle California
    This is so funny!  Cersei twinborn Lannister, the unsmashed, mother of elephants, breaker of oaths, etc etc
    Hardly unsmashed. *gives Jaime the eye of shame shame shame*  :smirk: 
    Murderbearmajjam0770
  • Michelle said:
    I'd love to see a montage - Sansa walking the crypts of Winterfell and lingering at Ned's statue, telling him that as the Queen of the North and ruler of Winterfell she'll do her best to honor his legacy, with Tyrion leaning against the wall and watching her - she then walks away, holds his hand & they walk out of the crypts together; Arya and Gendry practicing fencing - he loses then bows to her & kisses her (this is so fan fictiony though);  Sam and Gilly cradling their sleeping baby son Jon, with a background shot of an open book & pen resting on it.  The very last image is snow starting to fall as they zoom out of a landscape view of Winterfell.
    i was gonna make a joke about Sansa chastising Ned for busting out of his crypt to hack up innocent women and children (that crypt scene still pisses me off), but your imagined ending was so sweet that I just can't make that joke, it's far too cynical.  You've pictured a beautiful coda that I'm sure I will only be able to dream of after next week.
    Michelledjcaudle01
  • Please permit me to repost this here from something I wrote in LWJA&C this week:

“....this made me think of the ending of Bill & Ted where they play Robbi Rodd’s “In Time”, and how great it would be after Jon kills Dany that they start this song slowly a la “Mr Robot” and one by one all the people of Kings Landing (that are alive) come out from the rubble and into the streets while Bran sings the high pitch backup vocals “Iiiiiinnnnn Tiiiiiiimmmeee”, at the end of the song Jon Snow waves goodbye and says “BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER” as he heads off to the Nights Watch 
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    I don't think this tops the picture of Cersei hatching baby elephants but this is pretty good too! 
    djcaudle01Travis
  • Michelle said:
    I don't mean to pick on you Michelle, but I had to laugh at the idea of Sansa trying to honor Ned's legacy. Ned kept Jon's secret his entire life, at great cost to his honor and respect. Sansa kept Jon's secret for a day and used it to politically maneuver herself into a better position. She's a lot more like Catelyn and Littlefinger than Ned. 
  • edited May 2019
    Michelle said:
    This is so funny!  Cersei twinborn Lannister, the unsmashed, mother of elephants, breaker of oaths, etc etc
    Hardly unsmashed. *gives Jaime the eye of shame shame shame*  :smirk: 
    This is great, Cersei will be impervious to rubble from there on and looks at Jamie as Dany did with Viserys like "he is not a true child of casterly rock, rocks cannot be crushed by rubble."
    She will call the stone men to her banner, infect everyone with grayscale and bury the leadership of the dwarves in a deep mine and take their armies, too.
    And she will wear bells in her regrown hair to make Dany mad.

majjam0770
  • What do you guys predict will be the last scene of Game of Thrones?

My guess is something along the lines of Sam in the citadel writing the book "A Song of Ice and Fire." Or something regarding the telling of this story that we have watched unfold.

Shouldn't Grey Worm AKA GRRM do the writing.

I am hoping they dig Jaime an Cercei out of the rubble and there is a blade in her neck.