805 - The Bells

1151617181921»

Comments

• Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Pretty sure Cersei’s story of losing Robert’s baby was bullshit to cover her (and her fuck-brother’s) guilt. 
    CeciliaM
  • Comment retracted.  Oh, jesus, comment retracted.  Been a while since I watched season 1 and looking back now, yeah, I definitely didn't remember those scenes. 
    djcaudle01awookiee
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    edited May 18
    Pretty sure Cersei’s story of losing Robert’s baby was bullshit to cover her (and her fuck-brother’s) guilt. 
    I mean, unless it's Gendry. I am sure it's not, I would just like that a lot. Especially when Gendry Baratheon takes the Iron spot. (Had an accidental rhyme thing going on I felt like keeping)
    djcaudle01Teresa from Concord
  • edited May 18
    I am really enjoying this episode and the season. 
  • jluzaniajluzania Denver
    edited May 19
    As divisive as this episode is, I feel one aspect of Dany's decision may have gone under appreciated. And that is this. 

This asshole. This fuckin' guy. This sack of shit. 

He was completely right. 

From 2x07 "A Man Without Honor", post-"Where are my dragons?!?!":

Dany: Without me, the dragons will die. 

The Spice King: It will be for the best. Your dragons will bring the world nothing but death and misery, my dear. If I knew where they were, I would not tell you.

Mother fucker.

Note: Apologies if this has been mentioned multiple times in the last 20+ pages of discussion. 
    gguenotmajjam0770adampaszCeciliaM
  • I thought this was a great way to explain my own dislike of the current season:

Not sure I agree with everything said there, but I enjoyed the read. She raises some good points about the show, and makes a good argument on why the quality has gone down.
  • walktheskywalkthesky New York
    mharmless said:
    colie101 said:

RE: TRYION ASKING ABOUT THE BELLS.

I strongly believe that the nod between Dany and Grey Worm was something between them already about burning the city and not acknowledging the bells and Tyrion's request - and that she left Jamie alive to see if Tyrion would betray her for his Brother and let him free. She has asked him before if he may have done what he did already for his family. This I feel was her way of confirming it.

The show runners/writers disagree with you. In the after show clip Weiss says, “ I don’t think she decided ahead of time that she was going to do what she did. And then she sees the Red Keep, which is, to her, the home that her family built when they first came over to this country 300 years ago. It’s in that moment, on the walls of King’s Landing, when she’s looking at that symbol of everything that was taken from her, when she makes the decision to make this personal.”

Your view may work as headcannon but it was not what was intended.

What really kills me about this too is he's admitting even they don't know why she did it. What a shame.
    I think Weiss meant previous to recent events
  • walktheskywalkthesky New York
    Sorry if it’s a repost..
    https://youtu.be/dJIj9L_NU2Q
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    Everyone would have been better off if they had just followed Robert Baratheon's advice...

jluzania said:
    As divisive as this episode is, I feel one aspect of Dany's decision may have gone under appreciated. And that is this. 

This asshole. This fuckin' guy. This sack of shit. 

He was completely right. 

From 2x07 "A Man Without Honor", post-"Where are my dragons?!?!":

Dany: Without me, the dragons will die. 

The Spice King: It will be for the best. Your dragons will bring the world nothing but death and misery, my dear. If I knew where they were, I would not tell you.

Mother fucker.

Note: Apologies if this has been mentioned multiple times in the last 20+ pages of discussion. 

• ken hale said:
    @springles
    No, it's definitely about Cersei and everything about the prophecy, at least as presented on the show, came true.  People are upset about not getting a Valonqar payoff even though that specific part was only ever mentioned in the books, so they probably shouldn't have been expecting it.
    The show teased it, in the scene last season where Jaime and Cersei are standing on the map, with Jaime on The Fingers and Cersei on The Neck.
  • manhattnikmanhattnik the big apple
    It looks like Dany was looking at the Red Keep when the bells rang, and launched Drogon towards it. It wasn't until they were like halfway there that Drogon started torching the city. What if Bran warged into Drogon in mid flight, and it was Bran torching KL? Notice that after the torching started, there were no more close-ups of Dany. What a great psyche it would be for D&D to say, "of course we didn't do a great job of setting Dany up to go Mad Queen, BECAUSE SHE DIDN'T DO IT!" On the other hand, Bran is a creepy psycho who I could easily see doing anything. And Team Stark. 
    rkcrawf
  • It looks like Dany was looking at the Red Keep when the bells rang, and launched Drogon towards it. It wasn't until they were like halfway there that Drogon started torching the city. What if Bran warged into Drogon in mid flight, and it was Bran torching KL? Notice that after the torching started, there were no more close-ups of Dany. What a great psyche it would be for D&D to say, "of course we didn't do a great job of setting Dany up to go Mad Queen, BECAUSE SHE DIDN'T DO IT!" On the other hand, Bran is a creepy psycho who I could easily see doing anything. And Team Stark. y, D

All the people that named their daughters Dany, Daenerys or Khaleesi are praying for Brantervention reveal tonight
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    ken hale said:
    @springles
    No, it's definitely about Cersei and everything about the prophecy, at least as presented on the show, came true.  People are upset about not getting a Valonqar payoff even though that specific part was only ever mentioned in the books, so they probably shouldn't have been expecting it.
    The show teased it, in the scene last season where Jaime and Cersei are standing on the map, with Jaime on The Fingers and Cersei on The Neck.
    Lol that was just a reach by the fans. I rolled my eyes so hard at people talking about that after that episode (or maybe after the trailers?).

Even if it actually was on purpose, I would never begrudge them an very subtle wink at the most attentive of book readers as some tease that needed to be paid off.
    awookiee