Season 3 in 2020

edited May 20 in Westworld
HBO just released this info, thoughts? Or is there actually no point even talking about this right now?

Comments

• HunkuleseHunkulese Québec, Canada
    I was always drawn to Westworld because it was set up to be a western. Now that there's no chance it'll be a western anymore, I'm pretty meh about it.
    Elisa
  • Probably my favorite Floyd song, so it might bias me. If they go for Aaron Pauls perspective in a more "cyberpunk" setting, I can get into it. They just have to drop the timey whimey, puzzle box shit.
    Doctor_NickHatoriancdriveMichelleElisa
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    Hunkulese said:
    I was always drawn to Westworld because it was set up to be a western. Now that there's no chance it'll be a western anymore, I'm pretty meh about it.
    I've always wondered how they were going to deal with this, because it was always going to make less and less sense for these parks to be running. I guess the answer was to just not care about the title of the show and tell the story without the park.

Makes sense,  even if I will miss some old fashioned robot gun fighting.
  • I thought season 2 was a step down from season 1 but I was never as tough on it as Jim and A.Ron or the general consensus of people.  I am excited as hell for season 3.  When I first saw the trailer I thought to myself what the hell is this because this looks like it'd be damn good.  I don't know if I missed the news that Aaron Paul was going to be in the new season of Westworld or if they kept that under wraps until now but damn I am excited.  I need to watch the trailer again but it almost has Project Mayhem (Fight Club) type vibes from the trailer.  I know it's a ways away but I'm all in on the new season.
    bbordMarci
  • edited May 20
    So this show goes from theater of the mind and asking alot of existential questions in s1.

To a imo complete shit show in s2.

And s3 looks like a blade runner reboot?
    Aaron paul is nice. But im def throne for a loop here.. this seems like a massive turn of course to start telling some guys story of means and misgivings and then he turns his life around..

Wtf does this have to do with WW and do i want to invest what will surely be an entire season of bridge building and retconing?
    Elisa
  • So this show goes from theater of the mind and asking alot of existential questions in s1.

To a imo complete shit show in s2.

And s3 looks like a blade runner reboot?
    Aaron paul is nice. But im def throne for a loop here.. this seems like a massive turn of course to start telling some guys story of means and misgivings and then he turns his life around..

Wtf does this have to do with WW and do i want to invest what will surely be an entire season of bridge building and retconing?
    Only you can answer whether it's worth your time.  On rewatch, season 2 worked so much better for me as a binge rather than a weekly show.  It is certainly taking a different turn but it makes sense now that Dolores is in the real world.  What do you think the real world looks like when they have something like Westworld as basically a theme park?  
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    I'm not investing any more in this show until I hear it's really excellent.  Season 1 was just okay to me and the show went seriously downhill in Season 2...
    Elisa
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Trailer looks good. If they could tell a straightforward story though and not “is Aaron a robot?” That would be great. 

Elisa
  • Well, I can already tell S3 is gonna be better than S2.

And I say that as a fan of S2.
    awookieecdrive
  • redlancerredlancer Seattle
    Over/Under on how many minutes into S3 until Aaron Paul walks up to a group of characters and says "What's up, bitches?"

Seems like a good evolution of the show. I think one of the biggest problems with S2 was they tried to create another puzzle box season, but in the age of the internet it just breaks it faster than it can be constructed. The smallest detail of a clue is dissected and trisected before an episode has finished airing. We were probably only halfway through the first S2 episode before reddit had a reasonable rough outline of the entire season laid out...  :) 

Agreed that if they can just tell a compelling story without worrying about the puzzle-box portion it can be good & fun.  

cdrive
  • MichelleMichelle California
    This looks extraordinary.  I am alllllll the way in for season 3 - the fact that Aaron Paul is in it doesn't hurt. :kissing_heart:
    Bhorten1
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited May 20
     @johnnytruant yeah Brain Damage used in the Westworld music treatment gave me chills. Love that song too. 

I’m not that familiar with Lena Waithe other than Ready Player One, but I’m liking what I saw in the trailer.  Seems like a solid person to have in your crew if you got a crew.

That massive dude is Beast Mode Marshawn Lynch. Jim today on twitched laughed after noticing Aaron Paul wincing as he watches that dude get decked by Beast Mode. Yeah I bet that would be lights out for anyone.  Also I like how Lynch’s shirt switches from “BORED” to “AMUSED” once their bomb goes off.

Looks like that girl is Evan Rachel Wood at the end and oooh she looks scary.

Also Vincent Cassel is in it. He was great in Irreversible. 

HatorianBhorten1
  • Never follow casting news so was kind of shocked to see Aaron Paul, Beast Mode & Kid Cudi all in the trailer. Just them have me excited to watch a few even if less interested in a Judge Dredd world. 
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    I'm not investing any more in this show until I hear it's really excellent.  Season 1 was just okay to me and the show went seriously downhill in Season 2...
    Agree. I’m gonna wait for Jim and A_Ron’s review of the first episode before I decide if I’m in for another season.  
    Elisa
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Probably my favorite Floyd song, so it might bias me. If they go for Aaron Pauls perspective in a more "cyberpunk" setting, I can get into it. They just have to drop the timey whimey, puzzle box shit.
    I love Aaron Paul’s SMH expression when he gets the gun pulled on him. Like “dude you know I cooked meth for the most meanest evil person in the world. That shit don’t scare me”.