GOT guitar jam!

GOT theme played by some of the best guitarist alive.   https://youtu.be/6i0a7RDPkM8
SanguinePenguinredlancerTravisCeciliaM

Comments

• MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    I like that they invited Brad Paisley (a severely underrated guitar player) but he doesn't get to play on a fancy custom GoT Fender.
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited May 20
    I like that they invited Brad Paisley (a severely underrated guitar player) but he doesn't get to play on a fancy custom GoT Fender.
    I would have liked to hear some g-bender action on the GOT theme.
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    @All the Chickens thought you’d enjoy this too. 
    All the Chickens
  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    Next to Nuno, Paisley is the best guitarist there (and I grew up worshiping Anthrax and don't like modern country at all!)
    Travis
  • redlancerredlancer Seattle
    Youtube rabbit hole of GOT covers is endless and generally amazing. 
    Travis
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited May 20
    Now give me the indie rock all stars! Steve Malkmus, Doug Martsch, J. Mascis, Joey Santiago, Thurston Moore, Lee Renaldo, Annie Clark, and Johnnie Greenwood (I know Radiohead and indie rock is a stretch, but I totally want to hear Greenwood have his $0.02 on this).

That was super awesome, by the way. Thanks for putting the link up.
    CretanBull
  • Travis said:
    Now give me the indie rock all stars! Steve Malkmus, Doug Martsch, J. Mascis, Joey Santiago, Thurston Moore, Lee Renaldo, Annie Clark, and Johnnie Greenwood (I know Radiohead and indie rock is a stretch, but I totally want to hear Greenwood have his $0.02 on this).

No, they can do one for Portlandia or something
    TravisMary_moe84
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited May 20
    CeciliaM said:
    Travis said:

Ha! I'd certainly listen to that. That said, ideally I'd like a "playground that has a little more equipment" than the Washed Out tune. Definitely on brand though.
    Travis said:

I could see Thurston and Lee doing all that chimey stuff playing above the nut and behind the bridge. 
    Travis
  • Travis said:
    CeciliaM said:
    Travis said:

Ha! I'd certainly listen to that. That said, ideally I'd like a "playground that has a little more equipment" than the Washed Out tune. Definitely on brand though.
    I don't even know what the theme to Portlandia sounds like. I only watched the first season, haha. I was just making a silly joke. :) 
    Travis
  • Based on the title I thought I was gonna open this thread to see some sort of hilarious analysis or maybe just a meme comparing this finale to the lame guitar jam session that ended the newsroom. 
    Travis
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited May 20
    cdrive said:
    Travis said:

I could see Thurston and Lee doing all that chimey stuff playing above the nut and behind the bridge. 
    Kings Landing 69!

Flying down
    Dany, I love it
    Burn, burn, burn
    Kings Landing 69

(or, given the guitar stuff you're talking about, and still funny in application, She's in a Bad Mood would have been more apropos)
    cdrive
    Travis said:
    cdrive said:
    Travis said:

Kings Landing 69!

Flying down
    Dany, I love it
    Burn, burn, burn
    Kings Landing 69

(or, given the guitar stuff you're talking about, and still funny in application, She's in a Bad Mood would have been more apropos)
    Haha haha. Perfect!
    Travis