Do you want GOT Movies?

I am surprised about how open they left the show.   Really, at any point season 8 could be Bran vision (future sight), and not real events.  There is the weird ambitious death of Dany.  Also, the weird symbolic death of Jaime and Cersei.  

Would you support GOT Movies?  

Comments

• Yeah, I'd watch 'em. Definitely. I don't like the "it was all in Bran's visions" angle though (sincerely, no offense meant). More so, I would 100% be in for a Continuing Adventures of Arya movie. Perhaps some smaller story within the world like a Bran assassination plot movie, or something weird happens beyond the wall. I can't say something like that would be great, but I'd watch it. Better still would be a one off mini series so things had more room to flesh out (GoT is at its best when it moves a little slower). Anyhoo, I'm game.
  • I just want an animated series of Arya exploring the unknown on her ship. I want that so much more than the prequels. 
    SanguinePenguinTravisTulipblossom
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    Forgetting the "it was all a dream/vision" angle that I hate, they left the ending far more setup for a potential revisiting to the realm sometime down the road than I would have ever imagined. 

I'm certain most of them are interested in writing producing and filming for another year anytime soon, but I would be down for seeing more of:

-That new Small Council at work

-The adventures of Arya in her Direwolf ship

-Jon helping Tormund establish a new civilization north of the wall (where it will be green grass and farmlands soon)

-Sansa governing the new Northern Kingdom

-Where did Drogon take Dany's body, how will his prescence affect Essos, and why is Bran so interested?
    Travis
  • I want more of Arya and Sansa. I feel like they really just came into their own recentlly and became really interesting characters and actresses. 
    mac.maguireTulipblossom
  • If it’s like a goofy Lego Game of Thrones movie then sure. If they try to continue the story then no thank you. 
    budesigns
  • mwspiakmwspiak Upstate NY
    Sometimes less is more in my opinion. Look at the Walking Dead. They should have stopped after season 5 or 6 but they kept going for money. I’m happy GOT ended now while I still enjoyed the show and was interested in it. It would have been sad if they tried to keep going with it. I do wish the double D’s gave us 2 full 10 episode seasons though. I think that would have solved a lot of the problems people had. 
    ken halebbord
  • I'm game.  I hate to think of the mental energy I've spent understanding this world being useless from here on -- knowing castle names, bastard names, religions, languages, cultures.  If I only knew as much about Earth.
    BaldGuyFerraribudesignsCeciliaMSanguinePenguin
  • I am in for some interdimensional Bran Tv rick and morty style.

bbordSanguinePenguinbudesigns
  • As disappointed as I feel right now there's no doubt I'd be watching a GoT movie on release day.  Id like one that takes place in a different time period than the TV show.
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Zoner07 said:
    As disappointed as I feel right now there's no doubt I'd be watching a GoT movie on release day.  Id like one that takes place in a different time period than the TV show.
    I feel the same way. As long as the double D’s aren’t involved and there’s no promises from George. 
  • I am surprised about how open they left the show.   Really, at any point season 8 could be Bran vision (future sight), and not real events.  There is the weird ambitious death of Dany.  Also, the weird symbolic death of Jaime and Cersei.  

oooohhhh man, someones been reading my mind...get read for some Ferrari Sauce!!
  • I would rather not see the continuation of the whole story with all the same characters. Like there is a Downton Abbey movie coming out, and I couldn't care less, even though I liked the TV show and I probably will watch the film when I can watch it on some streaming platform for free. It's harder to care or get involved with the various characters when you aren't wrapped up in them all the time, and I already said goodbye to that storyline. And I would hate for it to become a thing like Star Wars where they are making movies left and right and some of them are considered mediocre at best (personally i think all of Star Wars is mediocre, but this is what I hear from others).

Also- Game of Thrones can be pretty depressing at times. I wouldn't want to really see a continuation of what's going on at court with the small council arguing, backstabbing, power grabs etc which is exactly what is going to happen with Bran "I'll go look for the dragon, see ya" as king. I think it would be depressingly repetitive after seeing all these people go through all this for eight seasons.

What I would like to see though is more of a spinoff film where we travel off with one character and getting deeper into that world. Arya is one obvious choice since she is taking a ship into a whole new setting with conceivably whole new characters etc. I wouldn't mind seeing a whole TV series of Sansa ruling in the North, and have it be straight historical fiction without any dragons, but that's because I am into historical fiction, and I don't know that it would be interesting enough for most people. Jon and his time with the Wildlings could be an interesting film or limited series. 
  • D and D were probably begged to keep this as open as possible for a movie.  I think this is the best explanation.  They do not want to do more TV, they want to go to Movies.     

I also am thinking they wanted to make jaime/cersei and dany's death symbolic, more of a metaphor, just in case.
  • I would watch it, no matter who was involved in its production.  I think there is plenty of room for more story and a lot was left open.  But I think maybe some kind of jump into the future would be necessary.  Maybe Dany was pregnant, Kinvara revived her and now that heir is trying to make a claim to the throne.  The wheel keeps on rolling...
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited May 22
    Yes.

CeciliaMTeresa from ConcordSanguinePenguinbudesigns
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    Well, the HBO boss kind of shat on our parade.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/game-thrones-sequel-is-not-an-option-hbo-series-finale-1212749

The three successor shows are all prequels. In the finale, Arya goes on to explore what's west of Westeros. Have you considered exploring sequels? Specifically, Arya Stark as she travels west of Westeros?

Nope, nope, nope. No. Part of it is, I do want this show — this Game of Thrones, Dan and David's show — to be its own thing. I don't want to take characters from this world that they did beautifully and put them off into another world with someone else creating it. I want to let it be the artistic piece they've got. That's one of the reasons why I'm not trying to do the same show over. George has a massive, massive world; there are so many ways in. That's why we're trying to do things that feel distinct — and to not try and redo the same show. That's probably one of the reasons why, right now, a sequel or picking up any of the other characters doesn't make sense for us.
    mwspiak
  • They ended the GOT show on HBO.   This means the remaining content is GRRM's, and he can write a film script.  

This is a better business model for GRRM now.   More money for films, less hours, possible same netgain. 
  • cdrive said:
    Yes.

That would be a lot cheaper to make if they would have let him keep both ears.
    cdriveSanguinePenguin
  • I honestly think the Dunk and Egg novels would make an awesome three part movie series. Sign me up! 
    All the Chickens