What is your favorite store ever!?

Comments

• NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Noel said:
    Any high-end sneaker store. Especially if I’m visiting a city and they have something I won’t find in Dallas. Such a sucker for a pair of Jordan’s that I don’t need at all. Or some Air Max’s. 
    I want to be a sneaker head but I am always afraid I can't pull them off. Plus, them shits are expensive! I would love a cool pair of maybe some retro Jordan's but I tend to stick with Adidas. Those are my jam.
    Yeah I rock Adidas all the time, my running shoes are UltraBoosts and I have a few other pairs. Iniki’s and Sambas. 

I would recommend getting some Jordan 1s if you’re gonna get any. I feel like the 1s are the best sneaker ever made, just so classic. If you have a Foot Locker or Champs or Finish Line nearby, you’ll be able to find Jordan’s at a decent price ($120-170) as they carry the more wide release versions. But that’s the thing about the 1s, you can rock them no matter what. Shit, people wear them with dress clothes. Just stick with whatever colors you like best and you’ll be good to go.
    Murderbear
  • Always love stopping by Frys electronics. They used to be a lot more fun before they started focusing more on just TVs and phones (i.e. like every other store). Always had tons of strange one-off kinds of products you wouldn't find anywhere else. Also not many places left to get real electronics supplies after Radio Shack went away.

• BrieanneBrieanne California
    For me it's William Sonoma!

Cooking and baking are my favorite things, so I love going in there to look and dream about what my kitchen would look like if I had unlimited funds and I wasn't so practical.

Every time I see one, I go in and look at everything in the store even though I've only bought something twice, haha.  It drives my husband nuts <span>:smiley:</span>
    Travismajjam0770MattyWeaves
  • Was - Squadron Shop, Wheaton MD, brick and mortar RIP

Now - squadron.com
    Travis
  • tpelzytpelzy Dallas
    I grew up in Atlanta and I used to love going to Publix. They have the best grocery store deli IMO. 

Also shout out to Powell's Books in Portland has to be my favorite bookstore. 
    majjam0770
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    redlancer said:
    Always love stopping by Frys electronics. They used to be a lot more fun before they started focusing more on just TVs and phones (i.e. like every other store). Always had tons of strange one-off kinds of products you wouldn't find anywhere else. Also not many places left to get real electronics supplies after Radio Shack went away.

oh hell yeah! when it was all about physical media Frys was my jam! i could spend a whole Saturday there back in the day. ranked in my top 5 places to be locked into during a zombie apocalypse for sure!

and while i'm here.. shout out Rasputin Music back in the day (still around, but like Frys not the same).. 'Keep'n the Bay Area bump'n since 1971'
    Teresa from Concord
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited June 2019
    Noel said:
    Noel said:
    Any high-end sneaker store. Especially if I’m visiting a city and they have something I won’t find in Dallas. Such a sucker for a pair of Jordan’s that I don’t need at all. Or some Air Max’s. 
    I want to be a sneaker head but I am always afraid I can't pull them off. Plus, them shits are expensive! I would love a cool pair of maybe some retro Jordan's but I tend to stick with Adidas. Those are my jam.
    Yeah I rock Adidas all the time, my running shoes are UltraBoosts and I have a few other pairs. Iniki’s and Sambas. 

I would recommend getting some Jordan 1s if you’re gonna get any. I feel like the 1s are the best sneaker ever made, just so classic. If you have a Foot Locker or Champs or Finish Line nearby, you’ll be able to find Jordan’s at a decent price ($120-170) as they carry the more wide release versions. But that’s the thing about the 1s, you can rock them no matter what. Shit, people wear them with dress clothes. Just stick with whatever colors you like best and you’ll be good to go.
    Only people who wear Jordans with dress clothes are 40+ year old rappers and Cricket Wireless franchise owners.

You hear that @Murderbear!? Time for you to put down your instruments, strap on some fresh Jays, and start selling burners. No better place to be in the drug trade than supplying the ancillaries.
    NoelMurderbear
  • FernNYC17 said:
    Toys r us for me! Glad my 7 yr old got to enjoy it for a few years. Sadly my 2 year will never get to enjoy walking into that magical toy store.
    Toys R Us still exist. they have alot of stores in Singapore. just need to take your son/daughter internationally....
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    QuickTrip 
    FreddyNoel
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    kuman07 said:
    QuickTrip 
    That free air. We'll be missing it when its gone.
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Can anyone from Oklahoma please explain Kum & Go ???
    NoelDummyMurderbearmajjam0770
  • cdrive said:
    Can anyone from Oklahoma please explain Kum & Go ???
    You should save that question for the next thread "What is Robert Kraft's favorite store ever?!"
    NoelDoctor_NickcdriveCeciliaM
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    kuman07 said:
    QuickTrip 
    Glad you didn’t say RaceTrac. QT is by far better.
  • Not a story I’m proud of but I’ve grown up and paid/learned from my mistakes. Also doesn’t have much to do with favourite stores but it’s a story to tell. 

back when I was in high school and going to the mall was still the cool thing to do, me and my friends would get locker. We then proceeded to go around the mall and steal from different stores and go back to the locker and put away the stolen goods. First we hit Spencer’s. My buddy wanted to steal a blue light tube. This thing is like 1-2 feet Long. He tried to slip it up his arm under his jacket. But it was too Long and you could see the package clearly sticking out from his shoulder. I stood there in shock as he just walked out of the store with this clearly visible package protruding from his arm. But he didn’t get caught. 

We then proceeded to Lids, stole some hats, went to Hot Topic and stole some other stupid shit. We all put this back in the locker.

Then my friends wanted to steal Coolwater cologne so we went to Sears or Macy’s or one of the big department stores. I was on lookout and everything seemed to go as planned. My friends got the cologne out of the sensor package and we walked out. It was then we got stopped by security and took into the department store’s jail. 

They searched all of us and luckily I didn’t have anything on me so I was free to go but my 2 friends each had the coolwater so they held for the police to come. However, when searching us they found the key to the locker we had and one of the security guys forced us to go with him and open the locker. It was filled with stolen items. However, smartly we had removed all packaging and anything that could prove it was stolen. They had no choice but to let us keep the items. Being the only one who wasn’t caught stealing I was able to take everything from the locker and leave. 

Ultimately I had to go to the police station with my friend’s girlfriends and bail them out of jail. It was the last time any of us stole anything. 
  • So which is your favorite store.
  • Honorable Mention: WAWA
  • In the "can get there whenever I want" category it's Target.  However, there is a store called Sugarboo & Co that I went into for the first time at Disney Springs in December 2017.  I've been obsessed with it ever since.  They have a Website, so I can order from there and there is a different store where I live that carries some of their products.  But, I was in Lexington, KY last weekend and I unexpectedly came across a Sugarboo store front.  I was ecstatic!!!  It was actually pretty funny!!!
    Travis
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited June 2019
    Cost Plus World Market, anyone? :heart:
    I used to work for them and *loved* the holiday season in that store. 
    Part of my job for a time was to run their bulk coffee/tea/candy counter (back when it was all in bulk, not prepackaged) and omg, opening the fresh bags of coffee beans & tea... those incredible aromas were intoxicating!
    TravisBrieannemajjam0770
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited June 2019
    Michelle said:
    Part of my job for a time was to run their coffee/tea/bulk candy counter (back when it was all in bulk, not prepackaged) and omg, opening the fresh bags of coffee beans & tea... those incredible aromas were intoxicating!
    Another fan, right here. I love that store. Great variety of stuff, but all with that cohesive "Cost Plus thing." Quality products. Nice beer selection. Best place to go for stocking stuffer type stuff during the holidays. It's just a great spot.
    Michellemajjam0770
    Travis said:
    Michelle said:
    Part of my job for a time was to run their coffee/tea/bulk candy counter (back when it was all in bulk, not prepackaged) and omg, opening the fresh bags of coffee beans & tea... those incredible aromas were intoxicating!
    Another fan, right here. I love that store. Great variety of stuff, but all with that cohesive "Cost Plus thing." Quality products. Nice beer selection. Best place to go for stocking stuffer type stuff during the holidays. It's just a great spot.
    Beers of the World 10-pack! :smile:
    I mean, I don't drink beer but I remember selling a TON of them, omg we used to get pallets and pallets worth during the holidays. *memories....*
    Travismajjam0770
  • @Michelle Those 10 packs have the one bummer of having 2 or 3 that I have no interest in. Great value, and great beer for the ones that I like, but I always have these leftovers hanging around that I don't know what to do with. I still have 3 in the fridge from December. One thing that was pretty great though was those tall Christmas themed stouts. Really yummy and with a nice punch to them, and once the holiday ends you can get them at a blowout price. Great trip to the World Market that makes.
    Michelle
    Travis said:
    @Michelle Those 10 packs have the one bummer of having 2 or 3 that I have no interest in. Great value, and great beer for the ones that I like, but I always have these leftovers hanging around that I don't know what to do with. I still have 3 in the fridge from December. One thing that was pretty great though was those tall Christmas themed stouts. Really yummy and with a nice punch to them, and once the holiday ends you can get them at a blowout price. Great trip to the World Market that makes.
    Give away the ones you don't want as stocking stuffers or bring them to work for your coworkers!  I used to have bottles of wine gifted to me (I also ran their wine/beer/soda dept for a while) - needless to say, the Beringer, Fetzer, and Barefoot were all regifted. #winesnob
    Travis
  • This thread makes me miss Tower Records. Amoeba records in LA. I spent 8 hours in there on vacation once.
    MichelleChinaskicdriveMurderbearTravis
    edited June 2019
    OpusWho said:
    This thread makes me miss Tower Records.
    So much :heart: for Tower.  Between buying a bunch of 12" mixes, cd's, and camping out for tickets, I miss them too!
    (Shoutout to the Tower Records on Willow Pass Rd. in Concord!)
    OpusWhoChinaski
  • Michelle said:
    OpusWho said:
    This thread makes me miss Tower Records.
    So much :heart: for Tower.  Between buying a bunch of 12" mixes, cd's, and camping out for tickets, I miss them too!
    (Shoutout to the Tower Records on Willow Pass Rd. in Concord!)
    Nice! Annapolis MD & Fairfax VA for me!
    Michelle
  • Chains? Blockbuster. Used to just wander and read the back of movie boxes. Ended up getting a summer job in a video store, and would just read boxes, put on inappropriate movies in the store, and get a bunch of free rentals to take home.
    MattyWeavesMurderbearmajjam0770
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    rkcrawf said:
    Chains? Blockbuster. Used to just wander and read the back of movie boxes. Ended up getting a summer job in a video store, and would just read boxes, put on inappropriate movies in the store, and get a bunch of free rentals to take home.
    One of my favorite jobs ever was at Blockbuster. I made my way up to manager and would basically re-run the Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and Back to the Future trilogies.

If I was having a bad day, Clerks would be on repeat.
    MurderbearTravis
  • Any feed store, tool store or pharmacy. If they don’t have it, you don’t need it.
    but also: any nursery or book store. Wildfang online for clothes.
  • Eine Frau said:
    Any feed store, tool store or pharmacy. If they don’t have it, you don’t need it.
    but also: any nursery or book store. Wildfang online for clothes.
    How could I forget Bader Beer and Wine Supply? My all-time favorite homebrew supply store. I’m getting giddy just thinking about it.
  • I'm going to be REAL boring and say Fred Meyer, which is a big kind of all-in-one groceries, clothing, home, garden etc etc store we have in the PNW. It's kind of like Walmart, but a bit nicer, while still not being super expensive or anything. I've started going there every Friday after work because I am a baller and they have special ultra cheap coupons in their app on Fri-Sat. I just love pushing my cart around that store and doing my grocery shopping. It's cheap enough not to have to worry too much about the prices and occasionally you can peel off and buy a cute top or grab an Instant Pot on sale+coupon. Love it! Yes, I am OLD! haha

Runners up- World Market, Ulta (it smells so amazing), and this new store we have called Anko, which I think is an Australian store. They have all kinds of home stuff for cheap. I also like shopping at Costco although we don't have a Costco membership right now because I couldn't justify renewing it yet since we had a tight year money-wise.

Love-Hate relationship- Trader Joe's - I love their products, but all of their stores are always GIANT CLUSTERFUCKS with people wandering around in a daze as if they have never  been to a grocery store before. So I go there, and I like what I take home, but I hate the experience of going there.

Honorable Mention: Target- I buy a lot of stuff from Target, but the stores here are not as nice as they are in the Midwest (where Target is based) so nowadays I do more Target shopping online and only go to the store if I already know they have what I want in stock.