What's Making Your Day Today?

Comments

• ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Michelle said:
    Iced mocha, a full day at the Monterey Bay Aquarium with my nieces, now at Pizza My Heart with two happy teenagers & a great view of the A’s/Rangers game on the tv here.  It was a good day. :heart;
    it was the first place Astros. that's a very very important note :p
    Michelle
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited July 24
    Chinaski said:
    Michelle said:
    Iced mocha, a full day at the Monterey Bay Aquarium with my nieces, now at Pizza My Heart with two happy teenagers & a great view of the A’s/Rangers game on the tv here.  It was a good day. :heart;
    it was the first place Astros. that's a very very important note :p
    I have no idea why I said Rangers.  It’s been a very long day. :tongue:
    Chinaski
    Waking up in our 16th floor hotel room earlier than my nieces, enjoying a cup of coffee and looking out over the city in peace & quiet while they sleep.  A little ‘me’ time. :smile:
    ChinaskiFreddy
    edited July 28
    Driving home with the nieces on our last day of vacay. :frowning:  But, went to the outlet stores & got a *cute* pink Kate Spade bag for $149 - a steal! :heart:
    Freddymajjam0770NoelChinaskiMurderbear
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    The bathroom in the bar next door to my place is playing really good vinyl in the bar area, and Will Smith exclusively in the bathroom.
    Chinaskimajjam0770MichelleNoelTraviscdriveMurderbear
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited August 1
    Probably won't mean much to many, but...
    HOLY SHIT! JENN WASNER IS JOINING BON IVER!!!!!*

*In my mind this is kind of like getting the news that Jimi Hendrix just found a time machine and joined Radiohead. She's friggin amazing and she matches up with what Bon Iver does really, really well. I never would have thought of it, but it's kind of perfect. I hope they highlight her a lot.
    Chinaski
    Travis said:
    Probably won't mean much to many, but...
    HOLY SHIT! JENN WASNER IS JOINING BON IVER!!!!!*

*In my mind this is kind of like getting the news that Jimi Hendrix just found a time machine and joined Radiohead. She's friggin amazing and she matches up with what Bon Iver does really, really well. I never would have thought of it, but it's kind of perfect. I hope they highlight her a lot.
    interesting. i like Wye Oak. Bon Iver give or take (give for the most part).
    Travis
  • Yeah, man. Wye Oak is, if not my favorite game in town these days they're top 3 for sure.

Bon Iver is funny with me. Beyond the first record which was a towering home run with me from the jump I always am let down initially by whatever their newest offering is and end up loving it months later. Maybe it's because of his rapid evolution? I don't really know. The one thing I will say is there are really good cohesion avenues. I think that if they are moving in a direction that makes sense for her to join up (which is kind of the direction I'd most like to see him go in anyway) her and Justin Vernon could really complement each other in interesting and amazing ways. I just hope they take advantage of all of her talent. Like, if they don't utilize her amazing voice I'll be pretty disappointed. She's also such a great guitarist and bassist with such a cool musical perspective and style. I really hope they maximize how they can incorporate it. My only fear of it is that she is just kind of "joining the band" when they could really be building a very cool musical partnership. They did a whole thing with like a minute long video which leads me to believe that it's hopefully the latter. This could be so cool!
    Chinaski
    I'm having the craziest busy week, catching up on missed work from being out last week as well as a *lot* of stuff on my plate this week.  But, just got off the phone with a customer who gave me the nicest professional compliment.  Little things like that can make a big difference. :smile:
    ChinaskiFlukesNoelcdriveTravis
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
     Our sweet peas are in full bloom and providing a good-sized bouquet every few days. They cover about 20' of fence in  my back yard and will keep producing until mid to late September as long as we keep cutting them. This is one of my favourite things about summer.
    cdriveMichelleNoelChinaskimajjam0770
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    My latest run.

I had been slacking for most of the year when it came to running (work, trips and general laziness) but I had gotten back into it pretty heavy after my vacation this summer. Man o man was I out of shape. But today’s run ended right at twilight aka the blue hour aka my favorite time of the day. I felt so damn good about the pace I held so the endorphins were flowing. Honestly, I got emotional. I missed the runner’s high that I used to get on a regular basis. 
    ChinaskiMichellemajjam0770Flukes
    Noel said:
    My latest run.

I had been slacking for most of the year when it came to running (work, trips and general laziness) but I had gotten back into it pretty heavy after my vacation this summer. Man o man was I out of shape. But today’s run ended right at twilight aka the blue hour aka my favorite time of the day. I felt so damn good about the pace I held so the endorphins were flowing. Honestly, I got emotional. I missed the runner’s high that I used to get on a regular basis. 
    that's awesome man! i've been struggling myself. my left knee has been bugging me which concerns me (getting old sucks). runner's high is no joke! good stuff my dude!
    Noelmajjam0770
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Chinaski said:
    Noel said:
    My latest run.

that's awesome man! i've been struggling myself. my left knee has been bugging me which concerns me (getting old sucks). runner's high is no joke! good stuff my dude!
    Thanks man. I had been dealing with my right ankle for a while before I started doing little exercises to improve it’s strength. If you don’t have the means for a doctors appointment, do some research online for tips here and there. I also started lightly wrapping it which helped a lot.
    majjam0770Chinaski
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    opposite of whats making my day. my brother decided it was a good idea to fake his death on facebook and have his friends lie on facebook saying RIP. i had to deal with a bunch of messages saying "sorry for your loss" fucking hell. hes such a douchebag. 
  • edited August 2

Noel said:
    My latest run.

That's awesome, I've in the past year or so dabbled a little bit into running but have never gotten full blown into it.  I know this is probably going to sound crazy beings you're from Texas (I'm in MN) but I hate the heat and hardly ran at all this Summer because of it.  My friend talked me into a team race where everybody runs like 5.3 miles in September and I really gotta just suck it up and start running.    
    majjam0770NoelChinaski
    Hatorian said:
    opposite of whats making my day. my brother decided it was a good idea to fake his death on facebook and have his friends lie on facebook saying RIP. i had to deal with a bunch of messages saying "sorry for your loss" fucking hell. hes such a douchebag. 
    Eesh, that's awful!!
    It's Friday *and* I'm housesitting in the hills again, which means *yay*, peaceful and happy weekend!
    Have a great day, friends! :smile:

cdrivemajjam0770FlukesNoelChinaski
    Flukes said:
     Our sweet peas are in full bloom and providing a good-sized bouquet every few days. They cover about 20' of fence in  my back yard and will keep producing until mid to late September as long as we keep cutting them. This is one of my favourite things about summer.

Today's bunch :)
    Michellemajjam0770
    Flukes said:

Today's bunch :)
    So pretty!  Wild pink sweetpeas are my favorite wildflower.  :)
    They grow all over in the rural areas here.
    Flukes
  • Oh, I finally get it! A bit slow. For a second I thought that you really hated Toni Morrison.
    DeeNoelMichelleChinaskicdrive
    CapeGabe said:
    Oh, I finally get it! A bit slow. For a second I thought that you really hated Toni Morrison.
    Don’t worry, it took me a sec too. :tongue:
    CapeGabe
    edited August 7
    Michelle said:
    CapeGabe said:
    Oh, I finally get it! A bit slow. For a second I thought that you really hated Toni Morrison.
    Don’t worry, it took me a sec too. :tongue:
    same. i got all worried AU was having catastrophic wind storms! glad you're good @dee!

edit: it's not the grinding the gears thread. so maybe Aussies like catastrophic wind storms? my bad!
    DeeNoelMichelle
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Shout out to @Dee for the unintentional comedy amongst the confusion
    Chinaski
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Noel said:
    Shout out to @Dee for the unintentional comedy amongst the confusion

MichelleChinaski
    edited August 8
    Iced mocha & Bennie and the Jets turned up loud on the way to work.  Yesterday afternoon was a bit stressful, so I'm determined to have a good day today. :smile:

(Edited to remove typo.  Apparently having a good day doesn't include 'no typos'.)
    Flukes
  • edited August 8
    Today I was watching a YouTube interview with Dacre Montgomery, the actor who plays Billy in Stranger Things 2 and 3. He plugged his podcast and it's MAKING MY DAY! 

It's called DKMH and it's Dacre reading original poems over music tracks created by his friends. It's truly an experience that just might make your day, as well. 

Here's an excerpt I found on YouTube for you guys:

majjam0770
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited August 8
    Ice cold....and I mean ice cold diet cherry 7 up in a can. Just got out of walking this huge steel plant that was hot af and this is hitting the spot.  Also hitting the spot, being able to stop home for lunch to use the bidet instead of the barbaric non-bidet work toilet.  That might be a little TMI but you bidet people know what I’m talking about. You develop bidet smugness and don’t look at regular toilets the same.  
    Flukesmajjam0770
    cdrive said:
    Ice cold....and I mean ice cold diet cherry 7 up in a can. Just got out of walking this huge steel plant that was hot af and this is hitting the spot.  Also hitting the spot, being able to stop home for lunch to use the bidet instead of the barbaric non-bidet work toilet.  That might be a little TMI but you bidet people know what I’m talking about. You develop bidet smugness and don’t look at regular toilets the same.  
    I feel seen.
    majjam0770cdrive
  • Starting to look at excursions for a Caribbean cruise I'm going on with 6 close friends in January and there's so many options that look amazing it's tough to decide.  
    Flukesmajjam0770