MLB 2019

Comments

• ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    damn, Zack Greinke and his rights for the next couple of years to the Astros makes my soul sigh.

cdrive
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX

"The 3 MLB Pitchers with 140+IP and 1.00 or lower WHIP so far in 2019
    Houston Astros SP Justin Verlander
    Houston Astros SP Zack Greinke
    Houston Astros SP Gerrit Cole "

Cory
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    edited July 2019
    I’m surprised no one went after my guy Mike Minor. Dude has been really good and making less than $10mil/year for next season too. I’m guessing there weren’t any offers out there worth taking.
    Noel said:
    I’m surprised no one went after my guy Mike Minor. Dude has been really good and making less that $10mil/year for next season too. I’m guessing there weren’t any offers out there worth taking.
    i really wanted Oakland to go in on him. oh well, they got some SP from the Reds that was ordering a beef and cheddar (with curly fries) from Arby's when he got the news.
    Noel
  • Noel said:
    I’m surprised no one went after my guy Mike Minor. Dude has been really good and making less than $10mil/year for next season too. I’m guessing there weren’t any offers out there worth taking.

Depends on what the asking price was.  Maybe Texas, because of those factors you listed, was asking for too much for him? 
    Noel
  • My impression of Minor was he was stinking up the joint recently. As an ATL fan I wasn't big on how his career ended there but happy to see him still kicking around and, prior to July, doing well.

Speaking of ATL and pitching - thank All The Gods we seem to have some bullpen help coming post trade deadline!
    Chinaski
  • I have Minor on my fantasy team and his last 3 or 4 starts have been pretty bad. I think his ERA went up a full run over the span of like 5 starts
    Chinaski
  • MichelleMichelle California
    :heart::heart::heart:
    Chinaski said:
    they got some SP from the Reds that was ordering a beef and cheddar (with curly fries) from Arby's when he got the news.
    nice first outing by Tanner Roark. must have been the Arby's the A's greeted him with when he got to Oakland yesterday :D

Michelle
    edited August 2019
    Chinaski said:
    nice first outing by Tanner Roark. must have been the Arby's the A's greeted him with when he got to Oakland yesterday :D

No offense to Tanner, but he's got some moobies.  Maybe less Arby's? 
    Great to hear that he performed well in his first game as an A though! :star: :heart:
    Chinaski
    my detective sense is sensing a bloated Nick Swisher. i think this can work.
    Michelle
    A's on ESPN. weird. announcing is atrocious. no thanks, changing to local broadcast.
    Michelle
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Chinaski said:
    A's on ESPN. weird. announcing is atrocious. no thanks, changing to local broadcast.
    I hate national broadcasts. The only good one are NBA on TNT but that’s just for the studio show.
    Chinaski
    Wow A’s just made this a game...
    cdrive said:
    Wow A’s just made this a game...
    i see what you did there. nicely played...Image result for well played gif
    cdriveMichelle
  • this Cubs team is perplexing. if they can find a grove they can be the best team in the league. but 1 of the 3 major areas always seem to fail at any given game. it can be the starters for a few weeks sucking or the bats not hitting or the bullpen exploding. but its always something. lucky to get out of that with a win. luckily Blake Treinin forgot how to pitch since last year. 
    ChinaskiAww_PHuuCk
    edited August 2019
    Today is Happy Zack Greinke Day for Astros fans.

I was actually planning last week to go this game just cause it's $1 Hot Dog Tuesday and I'm a ho for cheap wieners, but then I saw the ticket price was abnormally high. And then I figured out it was Greinke's debut game.  Looking forward to watching this one!  
    well well, Jon Lester.. nice to see you again. it's been awhile. how's your day going?
    Michelle
  • 7-3 in our last 10.  Suck it Baltimore!

ChinaskiNoelcdriveMichelle
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited August 2019
    @CretanBull

bo bichette is a STUD. 

My fantasy league is a keeper league. We get to keep 4 players every year. I took a risk and drafted Ronald Acuna Jr with my last pick in 2017 and just held him on my bench. Needless to say it’s turned out to be a great decision. Rookie of the year last year and currently ranked top 5 this year. I get to keep him at like round 16 next year. 

This year i pulled the  trigger and picked up Keston Hiura and Bo Bichette a few months back in free agency when they were still in the minors but there were talks they were gonna get called up by summer. Both have been awesome but Bo is smashing records since he came up. The dude is something else. 
    Is there anywhere I can go to listen to previous games?  Or is it a one & done broadcast?
  • You can buy the MLB at bat. 
    Hatorian said:
    You can buy the MLB at bat. 
    I do have the $2.99/month version.  I just looked at the app and it looks like maybe I need MLB TV?
    Michelle said:
    Hatorian said:
    I do have the $2.99/month version.  I just looked at the app and it looks like maybe I need MLB TV?
    hmmm. good question, i've never really thought of going back to listen to older games. i'll look into it cause now i'm curious. in the meantime you can just listen to today's game that's going on at the moment (Friday day game is just weird).
    Michelle
  • edited August 2019
    Chinaski said:
    well well, Jon Lester.. nice to see you again. it's been awhile. how's your day going?
    Late as hell, but man I wish there was a boo button for comments. Cuz id boo this so hard let me tell you. Lester's been going through some kind of slump. 

Btw, are there any Mets fans here? Where the hell did the Mets come from?? After engaging in one of the stupidest trades how lucky are they that now it looks like a genius move getting Stroman.
    ChinaskiNoel
    Chinaski said:
    Late as hell, but man I wish there was a boo button for comments. Cuz id boo this so hard let me tell you. Lester's been going through some kind of slump. 

Btw, are there any Mets fans here? Where the hell did the Mets come from?? After engaging in one of the stupidest trades how lucky are they that now it looks like a genius move getting Stroman.
    well i wish there was a boo button for faces. cause i'd boo Jon Lesters face so hard haha.
    MichelleAww_PHuuCk
    Chinaski said:
    Michelle said:
    Hatorian said:
    hmmm. good question, i've never really thought of going back to listen to older games. i'll look into it cause now i'm curious. in the meantime you can just listen to today's game that's going on at the moment (Friday day game is just weird).
    I'm listening now, but I was hoping to actually *watch* old games.  I dunno if that's possible though.
    Thanks!
    Our bats are on fire today!  Love it!  :star:
    Oh the things the Stros are gonna do to the Orioles tonight....

Michelle